Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2019 Coral Cup - ITV4's Trilogy of Events

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭waynescales1

He’s played 10 tournaments this season, made the final of 7 and won 5. Extraordinary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Ronnie wins the Coral Cup as well, overtakes Mark Allen for #1 for the season with over a half a million pounds, and finally, after nine years, regains official #1 world ranking, knocking Selby off the top. Oldest #1 ranked player since Ray Reardon. Incredible stuff.

He now gets to rest and prepare for the World Championship for the next 3-4 weeks, as he's skipping the China Open.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Just caught up with the final. It was my mums 80th on Sunday so big day out and missed the final.

Both mum and dad watch snooker. I mentioned to mum at the dinner table the Trump vs O'Sullivan match. Dad likes Trump but mum is more of a Ronnie fan. Despite never having picked up a cue in her life she said 'I just love watching Ronnie play'.

And that to me is the magic of Ronnie. Even someone who never picked up a cue in their lives can see how special Ronnie is.

Great to see Robertson playing so well of late. The more on-form great players the better. Shame Murphy has lost the plot.

I'm not a betting man but I'd put money on Ronnie winning the world this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

That sf was a truly special match, the final was always going to be a bit af an anti climax after it. Snooker really needed it and more where it came from. Last years world final was magnificent too but you need more than one or two epic encounters a season to maximise exposure. Crazy not having a long form tournament this side of xmas anymore. Forget brexit. We need a 1m march on London to demand the restoration of the UK as a great tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭Inviere

I've really enjoyed the Coral trilogy of cups, they produced some nice matches.

• Advertisement
Advertisement