Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BSc (Hon) IT Management (Part-time)

Options
  • 19-01-2018 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello folks,

I have seen a few threads on this topic here in the forum. I was wondering if anybody can let me know if any one is thinking of doing it this year starting on the WB 29th January or has done this one year add-on.

If you can share you experience of it in terms of work load etc. From reading up on it Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 6-10pm so it appears to be very intensive

Thanks again

Eamonn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

premierC wrote: »
    Hello folks,

I have seen a few threads on this topic here in the forum. I was wondering if anybody can let me know if any one is thinking of doing it this year starting on the WB 29th January or has done this one year add-on.

If you can share you experience of it in terms of work load etc. From reading up on it Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 6-10pm so it appears to be very intensive

Thanks again

Eamonn
    Studied IT for a while there on the postgrad. Its very intense. You will do 4/5 modules. Will be lecture based 6-8 and then labs 8-10.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 premierC

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I started it last week, interesting it will keep me busy for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Long shot seen as forum is quiet. Sorry for the bump

Wondering how you got on op?

I'm starting in September hopefully part time same course.

I'm up at 6 every morning for work Monday to Friday and finish at 5 plus I have a young child he's only turning 2 when I start.

Will I manage the workload ? I expect there to be alot of work involved and I'm dedicated to seeing the 3 years out but I'm wondering if I'm fooling myself as the day is long enough already without the added work of a possible degree.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Just finished first year of this course. Very enjoyable.

The work load is certainly manageable.

I'm in similar situation to yourself work 9 to 5 then college 6-10 3 nights a week with a 1 year old child isn't easy but it'll be worth it on the long run.

If you've any questions feel free to pm me.

Advertisement