Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What is Covies? What are Covies? or Just WTF?

Options
  • 07-01-2010 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭

Dev and Boards.ie have kindly given us our own forum. It's open to all Boardsies... and it's to discuss Covies. Which is Ireland's First Online Soap.

It goes live on Monday 11th Jan at 9.00pm

Eight episodes of great drama written by this particular Boardsie... who you can find some details on here

We have our own website which you can get to by clicking the link in my sig. and there is also a Facebook Group for those of you who like to indulge in Social Networking.

Personally I'm more familiar with Boards and like to do my moaning and bitching on here.

For those of you who know Dev - Well he's in it too... and quite frankly we tortured the poor fellow. You see that snow and ice out there? We'll we had him stripped virtually to his joxers wading around in freezing snow melted water. We almost drowned him and yet still he came back for more.

Covies Season 1 has eight episodes each approx 15minutes long. It's entirely free to watch and it's been made entirely in County Mayo in and around the town of Westport.

It's nothing like the Hardy Bucks - whom we think are great by the way - It has a large cast and big production values but it actually cost less per episode than the Hardy Bucks.

Shot in HD - The cast and crew consisted of professionals and amateurs. Some have never acted at all before. Some had never acted on Camera before. Our Cameramen had never shot a drama before - But none of this matters as you'll be able to watch and judge for yourselves.

We're basically trying to combat the recession by getting up off our flabby butts and doing something about it. Those of you who know me through other areas of Boards will know that my butt is flabby and I needed the exercise.

So join us here after the first episode appears to slag us off, tell us what morons we are or indeed praise us. If nothing else you will get to see Devore's exceedingly small nipples. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

Some pictures from the production.
    face.jpg
    SCENE-118.jpg
    CallOfDuty.jpg

And here is our trailer - Which has Devore in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Twilght meets John B Keane meets Patrick McCabe?

Looks quite nice.

I think it was Dev who described the scripts as Father ted meets Twin Peaks... :D

It's all shot in HD - and we were blessed with the weather.:)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

"Blessed with the weather"????

Yeah, right, if you were any of the characters who got to frolick on the beach in the sun, oh no... not me, freakin snow-water rivers and itchy baths in the middle of freezing bogs. You're some can of urine Herr Direktor! :p

Everytime we went to shoot my scenes it p*ssed too, ask Durcs (the cameraman!).

See you this weekend for the launch!

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Why does it say 10.01.10 at the end of the trailer? Shouldn't it be 11.01.10?

D-Generate wrote: »
    Why does it say 10.01.10 at the end of the trailer? Shouldn't it be 11.01.10?

It should - The 10/01/11 refers to the official launch party here in Westport.

In truth we'll probably stick episode one up on the Sunday - But the official online launch is 11/01/10

I would change it but would you believe that to change that one digit would actually take around twelve hours.

But thank you for pointing it out as it's enabled me to reply.

DeVore wrote: »
    "Blessed with the weather"????

Yeah, right, if you were any of the characters who got to frolick on the beach in the sun, oh no... not me, freakin snow-water rivers and itchy baths in the middle of freezing bogs. You're some can of urine Herr Direktor! :p

Everytime we went to shoot my scenes it p*ssed too, ask Durcs (the cameraman!).

See you this weekend for the launch!

DeV.

Typical luvie always moaning and bitching :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 thedurco

Durcs here the cameraman. "Ask Durcs". What are you on about. It was lovely weather u fanny balls. Stop being such a puffy pr*ck. Its called acting not enjoying your surroundings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

why do those three chicks remind me of the Erinyes/Furies (not the band)

• Advertisement

Why do they remind me of X factor?

Furies, Fates, Wiches - Bitches. Three weird sisters... call them what you will. Well spotted.

thedurco wrote: »
    Durcs here the cameraman. "Ask Durcs". What are you on about. It was lovely weather u fanny balls. Stop being such a puffy pr*ck. Its called acting not enjoying your surroundings.

He never stopped complaining did he. Even wanted salt for the raw fish we gave him.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Nice trailer, look forward to seeing the shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

It looks nicely shot, I enjoyed the clips enough to keep me interested in Covies.

I'll look forward to seeing it, Well Done!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Durcs, you are dead. DEAD. :p

Slaps for you at the launch!!

DeV.

Fatboydim wrote: »
    He never stopped complaining did he. Even wanted salt for the raw fish we gave him.
    All I wanted was some rice and wasabi, was that too much to ask??

I s'pose you did get me some seaweed :p

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

Looking forward to seeing this lads. I auditioned for this and really enjoyed the audition as Len really put me at ease even though I was really nervous cos I'd never auditioned before so hope it goes well for you.

Dev you big girl! (no offence intended to girls).Stop complaining. You're lucky it's not being shot at the moment! :p

Loved Hardy Bucks too.

Hope this gets a great recepion. T'would be nice to see it take off for you. GL.

Where do I look for it? (this is probably written somewhere else but me so horny lazy I can't be bothered looking)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Nebit

Looking forward to seeing this lads. I auditioned for this and really enjoyed the audition as Len really put me at ease even though I was really nervous cos I'd never auditioned before so hope it goes well for you.

Dev you big girl! (no offence intended to girls).Stop complaining. You're lucky it's not being shot at the moment! :p

Loved Hardy Bucks too.

Hope this gets a great recepion. T'would be nice to see it take off for you. GL.

Where do I look for it? (this is probably written somewhere else but me so horny lazy I can't be bothered looking)

The first ep can be viewed here: http://www.thecovies.com/
    on the 11/01/09 at 9pm ;) (tomorrow)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Made it to the launch. I hour to finger food and shmooze, looking forward to it, see ya downstairs guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

ARRGGHH

Can't even watch the trailer due to dial up!!

So can't read anything in these threads until I start watching the episodes next week!

Looking forward to it though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Good luck with this lads. Looking forward to it. Fiona Flagherty's Arse sounds promising, it just better not be flagrant false advertising!.

Its not false advertising, and I get to manhandle it too :)

Unfortunately the only bare bums on show are male :(

(yes its an adult film but not THAT kind of adult film !!)

DeV.

I believe there are some scenes involving a bit of a flash and some ladies lingerie in the later 'Nellisodes'. For mature audiences only!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

inisboffin wrote: »
    I believe there are some scenes involving a bit of a flash and some ladies lingerie in the later 'Nellisodes'. For mature audiences only!!;)

That rules out Boardsies so!! :p :pac:

Good luck with this lads. Looking forward to it. Fiona Flagherty's Arse sounds promising, it just better not be flagrant false advertising!.

:D

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

DeVore wrote: »
    Its not false advertising, and I get to manhandle it too :)

Good man!. Who said there was nothing juicy in it for the actors!.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Trailer looks great will it only be 8 episodes or are you all planning on making more

BluesBerry wrote: »
    Trailer looks great will it only be 8 episodes or are you all planning on making more

We'll make more if we can get the interest of a Sponsor for proper funding. So it's all about spreading the word.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Davan

I think it was Dev who described the scripts as Father ted meets Twin Peaks... grin.png?v=%2017789d69e4e816b7b43c34735868651d

Advertisement