Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Yesterday, 15:51   #916
Timing belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer78 View Post
again, the world is currently experiencing largely minor issues regarding supplies of goods and services, its a diminishing money supply, and particularly the rapid reduction in the velocity of money in our economies is truly the problem right now, and increasing the money supply, particularly via our public institutions, i.e. public debt, is the best way to do this. once again, central banks have been rapidly increasing the money supply since 08, and have been largely unable to create inflation, in fact, we re currently experiencing deflation
The increase in the money supply since 08 went into the finance sector to rebuild balance sheets and not much of it got into the real economy. This time around the increase in money supply is getting to the wider economy via gov spending so we should see inflation. At the moment it is masked by low oil prices and a overvalued euro.
Advertisement
Yesterday, 16:19   #917
KyussB

Outside of special circumstances (e.g. a supply shock), such inflation doesn't happen until Full-Output/Maximum-GDP/Full-Employment.
Thanks from:
Yesterday, 18:16   #918
brisan

Quote:
More like a realist, we can't keep encouraging this precariousness, it's lethal for society and our economy, it's also causing serious issues with our pension funds, so its actually affecting us all

Thank God we ve an accommodation back up plan in place, if such a situation of repossessions takes place! I wonder does our current 'back up plan' cost the tax payers much, hardly!

Creditors hardly play any part in all of this, do they!
And yet creditors get abuse when they refuse mortgages to people on pandemic payments
Thanks from:
Yesterday, 18:21   #919
brisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darc19 View Post
Dublin city center is the only area that has seen a continued fall off.

Check any retail park in the country on a Tuesday - busy

Check the main streets of the bigger towns (and some small towns) - busy

Check out the larger towns - busy.

A family member is in retail, they are expecting their best ever year. She said it's the same for others in her area of retail unless they are in Dublin city center.

Dundrum, Liffey Valley, blanchardstown and swords all reporting near normal sales too.
And yet every night we se retailers on the TV saying they are on their knees
Blanchardstown SC is up for sale ,why ?
I would say a shortfall in rental income is a major factor
Yesterday, 18:31   #920
brisan

Quote:
I'd like to think the majority also doesn't want this either, watching our neighbours tearing themselves apart is disturbing to watch, but we re following a similar path, it's time for us to move in a different direction, and quickly. These younger voters are already showing their willingness to go elsewhere with their votes, it's up to ffg to respond now, and if they don't.......

Oh I hear you about divorce and separation, I know a couple of people in this situation, what a bloody mess, where more or less, everyone loses, just some lose more than others, and in my own experiences, males generally end up worse off there, but females also lose. I know a couple of people caught sharing with their ex! WTF!

Oh don't worry, it's looking like retirement is gonna be a disaster for most of us, pension funds don't look too healthy!

Again, we truly need to get over this fear of growing deficits, if we really want to move on from these train wrecks of ideologies, private debt is the big problem, and this is starting to resurface, again!
I am due to retire on a fairly good DB pension this year ( with a redundancy package thrown in )
i have 200k in AVCs and I am glad I stuck it all in a cash fund 2 years ago
Losing money every quarter ,not a lot but at least I know what I will have
i was going to leave it in an ARF but now I will take it as cash and suffer the tax hit of 40%
I don't like the way the markets are going and especially the property markets ,more so commercial ,retail office hotel etc
Thanks from:
Advertisement
Yesterday, 18:45   #921
dhaughton99

Quote:
I truly can't wait for my future warehouse job with them, it's gonna be great!
Sorry but your mandated job will be to cycle to the IFSC and deliver crepes and coffees to the great and the good.
(2) thanks from:
Yesterday, 22:06   #922
patnor1011

Quote:
again, the world is currently experiencing largely minor issues regarding supplies of goods and services, its a diminishing money supply, and particularly the rapid reduction in the velocity of money in our economies is truly the problem right now, and increasing the money supply, particularly via our public institutions, i.e. public debt, is the best way to do this. once again, central banks have been rapidly increasing the money supply since 08, and have been largely unable to create inflation, in fact, we re currently experiencing deflation
That I have to disagree with. A simple walk through shops will prove that cracks started to appear. Some stuff is already missing and what you hardly ever experienced before is a common sight now - empty spaces.
Services are pretty much decimated.
Yesterday, 22:14   #923
Diarmuid

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisan View Post
I am due to retire on a fairly good DB pension this year ( with a redundancy package thrown in )
i have 200k in AVCs and I am glad I stuck it all in a cash fund 2 years ago
That might be a sensible approach depending on your age and profile but the S&P500 has increased about 22% from this day 2 years ago. Cash has probably lost 2 %. I don't know if I'd be glad to give that up
Thanks from:
Today, 05:40   #924
KyussB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diarmuid View Post
That might be a sensible approach depending on your age and profile but the S&P500 has increased about 22% from this day 2 years ago. Cash has probably lost 2 %. I don't know if I'd be glad to give that up
Wile E. Coyote.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion