Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

12-10-2020, 23:27   #76
Krombopulos Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMKC View Post
The latest episode was brilliant and actually very funny too. I still get it hard to understand there accents sometimes but that was a great episode one of the best in fact. Its repeated at 12.10am on BBC One NI on Wednesday morning if you missed it or did not record it for anyone wanting to see it.
Good episode and once again Freddie has no fear.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
13-10-2020, 00:09   #77
AMKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krombopulos Michael View Post
Good episode and once again Freddie has no fear.
Which one is Freddie lol. I have to say I get them mixed up very easy. I thought Rory was the one with all the experience at driving fast and would be driving the Jag XJ220 fast not whoever did. Rory had the RS Focus and Paddy the Porsche with Flintoff in the Maserati am I right?

Last edited by AMKC; 13-10-2020 at 00:27.
13-10-2020, 07:24   #78
ReginaldSmythV

Quote:
Which one is Freddie lol. I have to say I get them mixed up very easy. I thought Rory was the one with all the experience at driving fast and would be driving the Jag XJ220 fast not whoever did. Rory had the RS Focus and Paddy the Porsche with Flintoff in the Maserati am I right?
He’s the fairer haired and, most importantly, the most banterrific one of the two of them.
Thanks from:
13-10-2020, 07:34   #79
Lolle06

Quote:
Rory is not a presenter on (at least on the main) Top Gear show anymore.
You mean Chris Harris. He drove the Focus.
Thanks from:
20-10-2020, 08:52   #80
Harika

I loved it when they handed the rental cars back, I wonder how much the guy was in as he was between relaxed and actually pissed the longer it took and more damage was revealed.
Advertisement
20-10-2020, 08:58   #81
Tzardine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harika View Post
I loved it when they handed the rental cars back, I wonder how much the guy was in as he was between relaxed and actually pissed the longer it took and more damage was revealed.
He was totally in. Everything is fully scripted. And they probably did a few takes of the scene.

I doubt the cars were rentals at all. Most likely bought privately and the rental company played along.

Decent episode all the same.
20-10-2020, 09:05   #82
Clareman

Great few episodes, once you realise that everything is scripted, anyone on camera has agreed to be on it and everything has been setup in advance by the producers and just go with it it's great, for example if 3 lads from the BBC with a full camera crew are going to rock up to a car rental place do you think they aren't going to get the best cars possible? Bit like when Clarkson and May did that stupid New Zealand episode that was pretty much an hour long ad for Hertz or someone.

The 3 lads get on well together, they each on their little part to play and are going with it, I've enjoyed the first 3 episodes so far, even in the best days of TG it strange to get 3 good episodes in a row. Sunday evenings are BBC1 nights now with TG and that Hugh Laurie drama on afterwards.
20-10-2020, 11:06   #83
AMKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clareman View Post
Great few episodes, once you realise that everything is scripted, anyone on camera has agreed to be on it and everything has been setup in advance by the producers and just go with it it's great, for example if 3 lads from the BBC with a full camera crew are going to rock up to a car rental place do you think they aren't going to get the best cars possible? Bit like when Clarkson and May did that stupid New Zealand episode that was pretty much an hour long ad for Hertz or someone.

The 3 lads get on well together, they each on their little part to play and are going with it, I've enjoyed the first 3 episodes so far, even in the best days of TG it strange to get 3 good episodes in a row. Sunday evenings are BBC1 nights now with TG and that Hugh Laurie drama on afterwards.
I actually thought the latest episode was crap. A pity as I was really looking forward to what they were going to do in the Suzuki Jimny when I seen in it the Top Gear highlights on the first episode.
As for the family cars that was just pathetic but then its Top Gear. Still if it was me I would have the Lamborghini over the dull, ugly, boring Audi.
As for the Top Gear episode that was in New Zealand with Jeremy and go I enjoyed that episode a lot. It was much better than the latest crappy episode. The two episodes before do were much better. I only hope the next two episodes are better.
20-10-2020, 13:58   #84
Harika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzardine View Post
He was totally in. Everything is fully scripted. And they probably did a few takes of the scene.

I doubt the cars were rentals at all. Most likely bought privately and the rental company played along.

Decent episode all the same.
Stupid me lol
Like it in general but miss some diversity in segments. Would love some test of car of people as they did before. Or challenges only one does like Harris in this Baja race, Rory with Sabine around the Nordschleife.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
28-10-2020, 17:02   #85
Luckycharm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harika View Post
Stupid me lol
Like it in general but miss some diversity in segments. Would love some test of car of people as they did before. Or challenges only one does like Harris in this Baja race, Rory with Sabine around the Nordschleife.
Covid put paid to that for this season

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion