Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterproof jacket

• 21-10-2016 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am looking to buy a Waterproof jacket. (male)
    Uses will just be for general walking, the odd cycle.
    Id like to wear it in and out to work the odd time too and maybe going out on a bad night etc.

So looking for something that would be kinda stylish enough............but actually waterproof.

Is my best bet to buy something like this in a golf shop?

Any thoughts welcome?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Weird Fish have some nice, non-sporty waterproofs. A smart waxed jacket might be the way froward for something warm, waterproof and work appropriate?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭obi604

dee_mc wrote: »
    Weird Fish have some nice, non-sporty waterproofs. A smart waxed jacket might be the way froward for something warm, waterproof and work appropriate?

Thanks. Where are these products sold ?

Never really liked wax jackets though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,072 ✭✭✭batistuta9

North face, columbia or any of them outdoorsy brands are your best option.
    The more mainstream sports brands would have them too though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

obi604 wrote: »
    Thanks. Where are these products sold ?

Never really liked wax jackets though.

Debenhams and Great Outdoors.
    If you don't like waxed jackets you probably shouldn't get a waxed jacket though.
    North Face have some really nice jackets too, although some of them seem seriously expensive (aimed at extreme sports/weather I suppose).
    TK Maxx is a good shout for that sort of thing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,769 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Gore tex maybe the material your after, but you 'll pay for it. Any good outdoor shop should sort you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I bought a lovely light jacket at gaastore.com and there are some nice ones at Sportsdirect.com too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭chicorytip

I would recommend a Berghaus gore-tex jacket. Lightweight, waterproof, quite stylish and reasonably priced. Available online from mandirect.

Advertisement