Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bank of Ireland Graduate Programme

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 eamonpm

No details of the package given over the phone. The HR representative said the full information will go out in the post after the call. They told me which division I was accepted for alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Veledan22

Hey all, I'm still waiting to hear back about business banking too!

Hopefully they'll let us know tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭MoMo1987

Got the call earlier today, was successful as well. HR said that they would have contacted all successful candidates by today, don't know if that was just in Group Finance tho.

Anyone get any word on salary?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Not looking good! I hope they give us a bit of feedback when we get the rejection.

Not looking good! I hope they give us a bit of feedback when we get the rejection.

I really hope that they let us know, one way or the other, tomorrow. Definitely don't want this hanging over me all weekend :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 dophinsniffer

Veledan22 wrote: »

I really hope that they let us know, one way or the other, tomorrow. Definitely don't want this hanging over me all weekend :(

Well it seems nobody who applied for business banking has heard anything yet or else we are all unlucky. Hopefully it's the former and not the latter....

Also I heard that it could take a few weeks despite what they say.

Yep our outside shot is that there seems to be three branches of the grad programme, 'Group', 'Corporate & Treasury' and 'Retail'. And i haven't heard of anybody on here getting any news on the 'Retail' side bar somebody who got the Actuary position?.

We live in hope, until tomorrow anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 28 martin2012

You didn't get a call yesterday, means you did not get any positions... (HR, Business banking, treasury ..... ) apply next year.

Good Luck

martin2012 wrote: »
    You didn't get a call yesterday, means you did not get any positions... (HR, Business banking, treasury ..... ) apply next year.

Good Luck

How do you know this? It is more than likely true but I am just wondering how you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 martin2012

Common Sense!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

martin2012 wrote: »
    Common Sense!

Yes, it's possible but it is also possible that as it seems nobody here who applied for Businees Banking has heard anything that BOI haven't called successful candidates in that category yet. I am, of course, open to correction.

Thanks for the input Martin2012 but I think I'll wait until I hear back from BOI.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Saysay2012

Have been keeping an eye on this thread, applied for business banking also and haven't heard anything yet, so it does seem they haven't contacted the business banking candidates yet(hopefully)

The suspense is killing me!

Saysay2012 wrote: »
    Have been keeping an eye on this thread, applied for business banking also and haven't heard anything yet, so it does seem they haven't contacted the business banking candidates yet(hopefully)

I know, the waiting is terrible! I really hope that they get in touch with us today.

That makes 5 business applicants on here yet to hear anything, so it would appear (hopefully) that the business people have not been told yet.

Thanks for your input Martin!

That makes 5 business applicants on here yet to hear anything, so it would appear (hopefully) that the business people have not been told yet.

Thanks for your input Martin!

Most of the business banking roles are regional, so I'm guessing they've more decisions to make re who goes where etc

I hope they ring today, it's going to be a long weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 july1988

I applied for business banking aswell! I hope we get da calls today, this waiting is sickening

july1988 wrote: »
    I applied for business banking aswell! I hope we get da calls today, this waiting is sickening

that's 6 of us now! Could be next week at this stage ;)

that's 6 of us now! Could be next week at this stage ;)

I really hope not, but it's not looking great considering none of us heard anything this morning :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mmbc91

Maybe give them a ring to see what stage they are at in making their decision. Always helps to put the mind at rest... Now it could be pointless but there's nothing to loose. Anyone who is getting a PFO probably won't hear until after those who were successful have returned the signed contracts..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 july1988

Its not looking gud at dis stage! :-( we'l have to start up our own bank!!

july1988 wrote: »
    Its not looking gud at dis stage! :-( we'l have to start up our own bank!!

Hmmm...might be the only way we're going to get that pivotal experience that they are always looking for:D

I got it!!!!!!! Whoop! Stand by your phone people!!!

CavanGal wrote: »
    I got it!!!!!!! Whoop! Stand by your phone people!!!

Me too! Phew!! Did they say where you'd be based cavangirl?

Congrats! Dublin thankfully. Nothing more detailed than that. What about you?

At least I can relax and enjoy my summer now knowing I have a permanent job lined up. Just hope I get enough temp work to keep me going until then.

Good luck everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Penny2012

I know, the waiting is terrible! I really hope that they get in touch with us today.

Anybody heard anything yet today? No matter the outcome I hoped to know by COB today but now I doubt that is going to happen...almost 4 now.

Oh and congrats to people who got offered a position, well done!!

Fair play to all successful, suppose I will know I haven't got it if no call by 5/530.

Well done everybody!

Fair play to all successful, suppose I will know I haven't got it if no call by 5/530.

Well done everybody!

Yep, just another 2 hours or so to go. Like you said, at least we'll know then.

Congrats to everyone who got a place!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 dophinsniffer

Well done everybody!

Yep, just another 2 hours or so to go. Like you said, at least we'll know then.

Congrats to everyone who got a place!

I got the good news too

• Advertisement

CavanGal wrote: »

Congrats! Dublin thankfully. Nothing more detailed than that. What about you?

At least I can relax and enjoy my summer now knowing I have a permanent job lined up. Just hope I get enough temp work to keep me going until then.

Good luck everyone else.

I got Dublin too!

Advertisement