Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dodgy Text Message Received

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 paulinem

Hi phil i actually got that message too ? i was stupid-et i fell for it ,i only wish people would let information be known! i was using gumtree and that'were i was caught ,i wont be using their service again i don't think? i asked could i post it up ?to warn people they said no ,as they have their own security ,if that was the case ,i wouldn't be down 215 worth of a phone. it's like hitting your head off a brick wall,no one cares ,as the saying goes ism alright jack. i have heard of other scams like the lottery ,but not when your actually selling stuff privite? IT,true what one women said about these texts ,the are the same no ,there contacting you from? that address is excatly were my phone is gone,please i don't need people to tell me ? how stupid et i was sending it to nigeria ,but you cant target them all in nigeria ,i was native as i was selling a phone, i never thought for a second ,they would be on gumtree ,adverts etc ,so id like to be able to warn people,even the post office ,all i was told there was not everyone in nigeria are like this? BUT SURLY i am not on my own ,they must have been other people sending things ? why! oh! why could the post-office not be able to warn people that there actually scamming going on when you selling stuff to nigeria ,with this recession and storey i got ,i im kicking myself every day ,as the hardest part was my phone had only left 1 hour before i knew i was scammed ,so please, if people have nothing only to criticises me ,please don't reply i am kicking myself everyday since last Friday the 24 august ,il carry that day to my grave.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

mlwhelan wrote: »
    Just read this!!
    Wow you are so lucky!

Very good :)

You might want to adjust your sarcasm detector.
    paulinem wrote: »
    Hi phil i actually got that message too ? i was stupid-et i fell for it ,i only wish people would let information be known! i was using gumtree and that'were i was caught ,i wont be using their service again i don't think? i asked could i post it up ?to warn people they said no ,as they have their own security ,if that was the case ,i wouldn't be down 215 worth of a phone. it's like hitting your head off a brick wall,no one cares ,as the saying goes ism alright jack. i have heard of other scams like the lottery ,but not when your actually selling stuff privite? IT,true what one women said about these texts ,the are the same no ,there contacting you from? that address is excatly were my phone is gone,please i don't need people to tell me ? how stupid et i was sending it to nigeria ,but you cant target them all in nigeria ,i was native as i was selling a phone, i never thought for a second ,they would be on gumtree ,adverts etc ,so id like to be able to warn people,even the post office ,all i was told there was not everyone in nigeria are like this? BUT SURLY i am not on my own ,they must have been other people sending things ? why! oh! why could the post-office not be able to warn people that there actually scamming going on when you selling stuff to nigeria ,with this recession and storey i got ,i im kicking myself every day ,as the hardest part was my phone had only left 1 hour before i knew i was scammed ,so please, if people have nothing only to criticises me ,please don't reply i am kicking myself everyday since last Friday the 24 august ,il carry that day to my grave.

While I appreciate you are not used to computers, please use proper punctuation, capital letters and check your spelling. Your posts are very difficult to read. To get a capital letter, press and hold the SHIFT key (sometimes has an up-arrow on it) while typing a letter.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mlwhelan

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    You might want to adjust your sarcasm detector.

Thanks Tom, I will. Thank you for taking time out of your life to reply and offer advice. I must get back to work now. Have a nice day.... By the way your punctuation is just perfect. You must be so proud of yourself. I wish I could be like you. Toodles :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 paulinem

Well said tom. He must be Mr perfect!

Advertisement