Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leak from foot of LG front loading washing machine

Options
  • 08-11-2018 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭

Occasionally I'd find a little puddle beneath the washing machine after a load and put it down to something caught in the door seal allowing a slight dribble, or the fact I hadn't cleaned the filter and the water was over flowing.

Last night I inspected the machine after another puddle and I found that the front left support foot was corroded and that seemed to be where the water was escaping from, with the source of the leak somewhere inside the machine in that general area. Machine is well outside of warranty (apart from the 10 year direct driver motor warranty) so unless I can prove it's a design issue they're been aware of it looks like I'll be either repairing or footing the cost of repairs myself.

It's obviously been happening longer than I thought as the kickboard looks like it's on it's way to rot.

Anyone see anything like this before?
    465660.jpg
    465661.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

A leak may be coming from anywhere within the machine but if you intend doing a diy job start by removing the lid, as you seem to indicate its coming from front corner check the soap box and the hose from there to the drum. it may be also coming from the rubber door gasket so you need to check that also for pin holes and replace if necessary

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I'll crack it open and see if I spot anything obvious, I never thought about it being possibly related to the dispenser.

Just follow the limescale trail back to the source.

Advertisement