Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eddie Rockets prices

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

L1011 wrote: »
    a: they have meal deals, which is what the post you quoted was pointing out. 5.15 for fries and a drink rather than the 6.95 you're claiming. There's a sweet potato option also
    b: Tipping is not compulsory.

So that certainly isn't "the cheapest"

I have literally lifted those prices from the menu. All the prices are there and I have not exaggerated. It is certifiably a rip off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

road_high wrote: »
    Yes but they do Meal deals- I rarely go there but from memory around €13/4. What you’re describing is an ala carte scenario which is unlikely for most customers.
    McDonald’s etc are €7/8 for a meal of inferior quality and service so Eddies isn’t the worst

I don't understand why an a lá carte option is unlikely for most customers. Why offer all the menu items and sides if the norm is not to go away from the rather awful meal deal of €5.15 for regular fries and a coke. The fact that is even advertised as some sort of deal shows what a rip off they are.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I have literally lifted those prices from the menu. All the prices are there and I have not exaggerated. It is certifiably a rip off.

By deliberately ignoring the meal deal option which would apply automatically to what you bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Soda €2.50, fries €4.25 and burger €9 + €1 tip is €16.75.
    I have literally lifted those prices from the menu.
    You should learn how to read menus better. I am not taking the piss, I see it all the time, people needlessly paying over the odds since they order the exact same stuff in a different manner.

Your fries and soda were €6.75, but would have cost €5.15 if ordered in a different manner.
    By deliberately ignoring the meal deal option which would apply automatically to what you bought.
    Does it automatically go on in eddies? in many places it does not, unless you have a friendly server who cops it. It can also get lost in a big order.

I see it in most Chinese takeaways too, the majority give a big discount if you order "chicken balls, curry sauce, chips/rice" in that manner. Many may list those things in a large order but not in sequence. I remember a friend put in a big order containing 3 of those "meals" and screwed it up. I told him to ring back and reiterate the order in a different order, he was getting thick with me saying it made not difference, but it dropped about €6. We got them to confirm the price of the order, then scrap it and put the entire thing in again.

I remember another guy would get a junior whopper, chips, drink separately which costed more than the whopper meal. He was not on a diet, he would be robbing our chips.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

From what you can see from the consumer side of the till system it appears to. They have a decent EPOS system now, most takeaways would not

If they could spend the money they spent on EPOS and wasted on things like the handheld order terminals on, oh, cleaning the sodding seats in the older branches and stuff like that it'd be nice!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I would go to ER very rarely and I do think it's expensive but I think the quality is lot better then some of the places it's being compared to in this thread.

They've reduced the size of some burgers which tbh I'm happy about. The size of burgers is stupid these days.

It's meant to be US dinner style vibe. So you paying for that also. It doesn't seem out of line with similar places. There are places that are cheaper and some which are a lot more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I don't understand why an a lá carte option is unlikely for most customers. Why offer all the menu items and sides if the norm is not to go away from the rather awful meal deal of €5.15 for regular fries and a coke. The fact that is even advertised as some sort of deal shows what a rip off they are.

Because most people go for the meal deal.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The annoying thing about the meal deal is that it only applies to burgers. Wings, tenders, etc. are roughly the same price as a burger, but the deal doesn't apply to them. That's a bit of a p*sstake imo.

Of course any Three customers with the 3Plus app can get 20% off Monday - Thursday if they spend at least a tenner. A lot of people seem to be unaware of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭snoopy84

Their prices have definitely gone up... But I still go there the odd time so I can have a malt milkshake

my other half also only went for the shakes, but i now make them at home and he swears they are better. if you want recipe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Mandown

Soda €2.50, fries €4.25 and burger €9 + €1 tip is €16.75. That's the cheapest you can do an eddie rockets. Make it sweet potatoe fries and/or a milkshake instead of a soda and normal fries and it brings it up another €1.70 - €3.70 so total of €18.50 - €20.45. That's insanely high for what it is.
    First of all tip doesnt count whatsoever eg,My last eddie rockets meal cost 400 euro 13+387tip
    Second of all a quick look on just eat will show you that there is meals for the burger why would you pay for them all individually

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Mandown wrote:
    First of all tip doesnt count whatsoever eg,My last eddie rockets meal cost 400 euro 13+387tip Second of all a quick look on just eat will show you that there is meals for the burger why would you pay for them all individually

Huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I went to the Wow burger on Parnel St recently, not a patch on my local ER’s burgers and way more expensive for a family of 4.
    Service and ambiance also way worse than ER.

You can’t compare it with McDs or BK, it’s not even the same sport, never mind the same league.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ten EUR meal deal is back in the threeplus app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

Daily meal deal on, different burger each day, €7.95. Least that's good value

Daily meal deal on, different burger each day, €7.95. Least that's good value
    not that great if they are kids meals.

https://twitter.com/EddieRocketsIRL/status/1087337836993540097
    Replying to @EddieRocketsIRL
    Just in your store in Terenure .Got today’s chicken fillet basket . What I received was a half a sized chicken fillet.The piece of chicken is tiny. I’ve just complained and was told by your manager that this is what they are instructed to serve.This is clearly false advertising.

Eddie Rockets (IRL)

@EddieRocketsIRL
    Jan 21
    More
    Thomas, thanks for contacting us, the new daily meal deal is a separate menu from our main menu, it is a smaller product at a lower price. (Just like our red basket meals)

More
    Replying to @EddieRocketsIRL
    If your plan is to do a meal deal that’s half the size of the standard burger you really should advertise as is.. the fillet served was half the size of the burger bun !! Have photos if you wish to question this tweet

2 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

Eileen Walker Went to to the square for the meal deal nowhere on the menu does it say that the burger is a child size portion very disappointing won't be back
    Rachel Moran Agreed
    I got the m50 basket today and it was more like a mini burger and half portion of fries
    Aisling McNamara My chicken fillet burger was a chicken breast cut in half so there was bites that were just tomato and bun. I actually left still feeling a bit hungry.

this is the main reason I would like to see calories being legally required on menus, most only think it will be used by dieters, I want it to estimate the portion I will be getting. and as backup to a complaint if I get a small portion.

Ah got my hopes up there for a second...

Why do Eddie Rockets serve their drinks in those horrible plastic cups BTW? I assume they still have to go through the dishwasher so why not just use glasses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

Thargor wrote: »

Why do Eddie Rockets serve their drinks in those horrible plastic cups BTW? I assume they still have to go through the dishwasher so why not just use glasses?

Less breakage and replacement cost I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Terrlock

With the increase is price and the quality overall of the food gone down, I think there are better places especially around Dublin to go.

Actually I always think it's far better value just getting good pub food then eating in fast food restaurants.

same here, that is why I checked it out. I noticed the word "basket" in some of the ads, and had seen these "red baskets" on the menu so suspected it might be really small. So the 7.95 deal seems to be just one of these with a €1-2 discount.

LITTLE HAMBURGER BASKET €8.95
    TOPPED WITH LETTUCE, TOMATO, ONION, DILL PICKLE & DELI SAUCE
    SERVED WITH RED BASKET FRIES & A REGULAR SODA (ADD CHEESE €9.35)

LITTLE BACON & CHEESEBURGER BASKET €9.95
    TOPPED WITH GRILLED BACON, AMERICAN CHEESE & DELI SAUCE
    SERVED WITH RED BASKET FRIES & A REGULAR SODA

They describe those as "little" and should have done the same in the ads, doing themselves no favours. Some people not used to eddie rockets might go to try it out and come away thinking that the portions are usually that small -as it does not say they are smaller than normal.

I remember places doing that with groupon vouchers. I remember abrakebabra used to have 2 for 1 vouchers and I think it said you had to inform them at time of ordering, a smart friend of mine never did, they would be going mental when he took it out -obviously as they would have made 2 much smaller kebabs if they knew.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Xterminator

got stung by the meal of the day in ER myself.

chicken fillet burger was like a 1/2 of a small breast, in a small bun, and a kiddies portion of chips. Its badly advertised in store because it does set expectation that your getting the usual burger rather than a 1/2 sized one. I didn't bother complaining - but i also wont be back any time soon either.

• Advertisement

They stack perfectly aswell

They're disgusting though, drinking from plastic is horrible any time but these seem to leave an oily sheen on the coke aswell.

They're disgusting though, drinking from plastic is horrible any time but these seem to leave an oily sheen on the coke aswell.
    Yeah theyre rotten yokes can ask for a takeaway cup like in the cinema or
    You could ask for a glass (the milkshake ones) and bottle of coke instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Got the smokestack meal of the day during the week.Absolutely shocking.Patty was so thin it had holes in it.

I see their promo video has people being asked in the street"How much would you pay for this meal?"I note that the burgers in the video are full size.

Really disgraceful misleading advertising from er.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭kerplun k

magentis wrote: »
    Got the smokestack meal of the day during the week.Absolutely shocking.Patty was so thin it had holes in it.

I see their promo video has people being asked in the street"How much would you pay for this meal?"I note that the burgers in the video are full size.

Really disgraceful misleading advertising from er.

Yeah. They also say their Broadband is unlimited, but it’s actually not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭LeBash

Every been in an Eddie Rockets at 3.30am on a Saturday night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Very poor form with their meal of the day advertising, not encouraging me to go anyway.

Advertisement