Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Yeah he was good last season before falling apart towards the end. Most of his time before that in previous years was very mixed though. You shouldn’t even notice the punter ideally.

As long as we keep winning!! Berry is hit & miss granted but he hasn’t cost us anything major and hopefully that will stay the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

OOnegative wrote: »
    As long as we keep winning!! Berry is hit & miss granted but he hasn’t cost us anything major and hopefully that will stay the way.

Yeah of course. Season is going better than anybody could have hoped. Huge game tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

I have a feeling the Steelers will try and use their offense to keep Henry off the field. Given the Titans defense I think Connors could have a big game. He's 4/1 with PP to have 100+ yards rushing and one or more TDs.

Steelers completely dominating. They've controlled the clock, keeping Henry off the field and when he was in the field they did a good enough job of stopping the run.

TD Tennessee

Hopefully the Steelers continue to be able to move the ball on offence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

Great lead to go into 2nd half

Great job in that first half. Should have played for the FG at the end rather than trying a Hail Mary but small complaint really.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

everyone seems on it - even Tomlin calling TOs with 14 seconds left on a Titans punt. Hopefully that stays the same and they don't play soft "management" in the 2nd half.

Titans TD drive was pretty fortunate, a couple of possible recoveries there.

Momentum swinging to Tennessee, need a stop here

1st punt of the day for the Steelers happens half way through the 3rd quarter. Shows how well they have been controling the game so far.

• Advertisement

Making very hard work of this, offence can’t get a first down all of a sudden.

Momentum completely shifted now to Titans.

All on Ben now. Henry has worn down the defence

Jeez Ben what the hell

Disaster

grounding penalty could save us

YES!!! No good. Phew that was as close as it gets

Made hard work of that!!!

Huge win on the road. Not pretty, but still 6-0.

They lost their way a bit in the 3rd when they stopped running the ball as much. Add in the turnovers and the stupid pens and it allowed the Titans back in.

They controlled the ball and the clock so well in the first half.

Gift of a win. Didn’t deserve it quite honestly, Tennessee dominated the second half, albeit they got all the breaks throughout the game I felt.

Glimpses of ‘bad’ Ben today, sloppy play and bad decisions, after he had been so efficient and careful with the ball to date.

Great to be 6-0 but with plenty to work on

• Advertisement

I don't know - I think it was a game of two halves. Ben didn't do a whole lot wrong - a tipped INT and INT in the end zone off the end of a great drive by him and Juju. A FG there wouldn't have made much difference as the Titans still had a drive and nearly made it anyway.

I wouldn't say the Steelers let them back in it either - Titans stepped up in defence and Steelers nearly put up a great goalline stand before the penalty on Minkah. Tannehill should never have got out of that game without an INT.

I just think two good teams and the Steelers edged it, Boswell didn't miss - Gostkowski did....

dfx- wrote: »
    I don't know - I think it was a game of two halves. Ben didn't do a whole lot wrong - a tipped INT and INT in the end zone off the end of a great drive by him and Juju. A FG there wouldn't have made much difference as the Titans still had a drive and nearly made it anyway.

I wouldn't say the Steelers let them back in it either - Titans stepped up in defence and Steelers nearly put up a great goalline stand before the penalty on Minkah. Tannehill should never have got out of that game without an INT.

I just think two good teams and the Steelers edged it, Boswell didn't miss - Gostkowski did....

Maybe I was being harsh. Not often you lose the turnover battle by 3 and still win. It’s just the nature of the collapse on both sides of the ball in the second half is a worry. That said, their offence is as explosive as it gets with Henry and Brown so they were always going to make some plays.

On to Baltimore next weekend for a huge division battle.

Did Spillane come back onto the field after the big stop on Henry. He'd be a huge loss especially for next week.

Did Spillane come back onto the field after the big stop on Henry. He'd be a huge loss especially for next week.

Yeah he was on at the end. I’d say he will be fine.

Diontae apparently ok too

The play that bugged me was the 73 yd TD run. The good start of the 2nd half was spoiled. There's been too many of those big plays - Jackson will exploit that.

That play was on Minkah, he should have brought him down. Definitely some issues in the secondary but Brown is one of the best in the business and will do that to you sometimes.

Gameplan vs Baltimore is shut down the run, make Lamar throw and hope it’s your day. Big ask after that slog today and with Baltimore coming off a bye week

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Good win lads assumed it was lights out at half time tbh

Good win lads assumed it was lights out at half time tbh

Cheers helimachopter. Good game, could have gone either way. Both teams playoff bound I hope.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Cheers helimachopter. Good game, could have gone either way. Both teams playoff bound I hope.

Yep would expect so, be good to get a rematch

• Advertisement

Ravens week!!

Unfortunately I think the Steelers get brought back down to earth here. It’s in Baltimore and the Ravens are coming off a bye, their defence is really good and I can see Ben throwing at least one INT.

Only way the Steelers win is if that front seven completely dominate and get to LJ repeatedly. I think the Ravens will edge it though, possibly by up to 10, setting up an absolutely epic thanksgiving showdown at Heinz Field. Hope I am wrong.

Advertisement