Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New England Patriots Thread Mod Warning Post #253

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

DT to the Jets, Bill's first ever trade with the Jets?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

DT to the Jets, Bill's first ever trade with the Jets?

Last time Patriots traded with them, it was to acquire Bill himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Seems like DT got a little shafted there. I presume he signed the contract with us with his eyes wide open to such a possibility?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Every player does I guess.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Miami were an absolute disgrace today, that game did no one any favours. In a way it's a pity we have to play them again because it won't benefit us whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭ Davina Many Ignoramus

Miami were an absolute disgrace today, that game did no one any favours. In a way it's a pity we have to play them again because it won't benefit us whatsoever.
    Pats offense wasn’t even that good, it can be so much better.
    Miami front office are the disgrace. The lack of talent in Miami is a total tank job.

• It's a hellish induction for Brian Flores. You wonder why he went there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

180 minutes of competitive football and 6 points conceded.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

180 minutes of competitive football and 6 points conceded.

Where's the 180 coming from? This was second game of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭me89

I guess he's including the super bowl :)

Where's the 180 coming from? This was second game of the season.
    me89 wrote: »
    I guess he's including the super bowl :)
    Atleast someone is on the ball :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

And unfortunately we have them at home on week 17. All going well, that's 2 weeks off in a row. Not ideal prep for a divisional game.

Wynn has been put on IR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Two players on IR already Wynn and Harry both expected to come back this season. That means if another player goes on IR then, that player, Wynn or Harry are done for the season...so we're close to definitely losing our first player...not great two games in but better than a few other teams...only injuries or the Chiefs (or AB) can stop this team this season

• Registered Users Posts: 7,701 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

With AB now gone, wait on Harry to he fit or are we looking at another new signing?

There’s nobody worth signing unless there is a trade. It’s a pity we let Thomas go but I think the WR position is in a good position with Edelman, Gordon, Dorsett and Meyers and Harry coming back in week 9. Also not to mention Benjamin Watson coming back in week 5. So no strong need for new bodies.

Oline is the trouble spot at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 37,484 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm.glad AB is gone, wasn't too happy we signed him.
    It looks like he won't get any of the $9 million. Clause in his contract which states that he must inform the team of anything that might affect his availability to play. He didn't do that and the first part of the bonus was due to be paid on Monday, second part in January. Likely he gets paid two weeks and that's it.

• Advertisement

We also have Cam Merithith on PUP so he’s an additional WR possiblity

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Earleybird

Got out of jail is an understatement. Tom looked very uncomfortable out there. A W though.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Doogs27

9 punts tells its own story. The offense spluttered around all day but @bills, with the way their defense is playing, is a good win.

Its interesting looking at the schedule. A month ago, vs Browns, @Ravens, @Eagles, vs Cowboys, @Texans, vs Chiefs was murderers row.

A month later and some of those are looking much more manageable. That being said, they'll have to improve on offense from today's showing. Defense is still beast mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,484 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It was a great game yesterday, a defensive masterclass from both teams for most of the game. It'll go down for me as one of the greatest Patriots games of all time. It was just so tough to find any space anywhere for either team. We toughed it out and got the W which is huge because I think the Bills are going to win a lot more games this season.

eagle eye wrote: »
    It was a great game yesterday, a defensive masterclass from both teams for most of the game. It'll go down for me as one of the greatest Patriots games of all time. It was just so tough to find any space anywhere for either team. We toughed it out and got the W which is huge because I think the Bills are going to win a lot more games this season.

I think we got lucky that a dirty hit knocked their QB out of the game.

Shedite27 wrote: »

Let's not pretend that Allen with his 46% completion percentage, 5 yards per attempt, 0 TDs and 3 interceptions was on the verge of giving them the lead.

Let's not pretend that Allen with his 46% completion percentage, 5 yards per attempt, 0 TDs and 3 interceptions was on the verge of giving them the lead.

Nope but him out of the game resulted in Punt, Punt, Interception. The HIA assessment meant us failing to do anything in the 4th was enough

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Earleybird

Nope but him out of the game resulted in Punt, Punt, Interception. The HIA assessment meant us failing to do anything in the 4th was enough

No it didn't, the very next play was their biggest passing play of the game. Allen was rattled all evening as it was, Barkley actually looked more in control. I don't think it had a baring on the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I wouldn't call it a dirty hit, I think it needs to be lined up and intentional to be dirty.

Looked to me like he tried to lay a big hit, but Josh getting tackled by Harmon moved the target enough for the hit to shift from shoulder/chest to his head on contact.

100% a foul and reckless play, but not dirty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭ Davina Many Ignoramus

BizzyC wrote: »
    100% a foul and reckless play, but not dirty.
    Agreed. If a QB wants to become a running back, then expect to be hit.
    Allen actually lowered his helmet into the side of Jones' helmet.
    Still on the defender to avoid helmet to helmet, so a foul, but not dirty.

Advertisement