Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strype/realex

• 11-09-2019 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hi I'm wondering what works out the best. Stripe or realex. I turnover about €150k online so pay strype 2% of that. So it's a pretty big chunk I. Paying to the. I've heard realex is €30 a month so that's €360 a year does anyone know if there's more hidden fees? Looks like a huge saving.

Is there any advantage to being with stripe? Is it easier for people to pay?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You need to have your own merchant account with your bank to be able to use Global Payments (Realex)
    Stripe is providing you with a one stop shop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Clockpics wrote: »
    I've heard realex is €30 a month so that's €360 a year does anyone know if there's more hidden fees? Looks like a huge saving.
    Hi Clockpics, I use both (on different sites).

You have to have a merchant account for realex as mneylon mentioned. This is not cheap! Expect to pay around 3.5 % plus admin fees on top of the €30 to Realex (now known as Global Payments).

Stripe fees are 1.4% in Ireland (not 2%) + 25c per transaction. There's no merchant fees as the funds are transferred direct to your bank account. Much much cheaper than Realex and usually much easier to integrate.

Both are Irish companies incidentally.

I have a sterling account for my UK site and as it can't accept BACS payments, I can't use it with stripe so have to have Realex for that one. You can take sterling payments with stripe but it will be converted to Euro.

If you have any more questions fire away.

Advertisement