Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What rights do I have as a customer?

• 10-09-2019 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭

Hi hopefully this is in the right place if not please move to the correct forum :)

So just 2 general questions, the first being do I have the right within my 14 day cooling off period to change from direct debit and pay in full without paying the extra charge for Direct debits? I was told I cant.

2nd question : I requested a call from a supervisor, was told they dont make calls, but as soon as I mentioned complaining to a ombudsman I was told their complaints dept will call, now I get thats just ****ty CS being lazy but do I have a right to get a call from a manager/supervisor?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Stanford

1. During the Cooling Offperiod you have the right to rescind or cancel the Contract with the existing Ts&Cs, you don't have the right to vary it, that is at the discretion of the company.

2. You cannot demand who should and shouldn't call you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Stanford wrote: »
    1. During the Cooling Offperiod you have the right to rescind or cancel the Contract with the existing Ts&Cs, you don't have the right to vary it, that is at the discretion of the company.

2. You cannot demand who should and shouldn't call you.

I never said demand :rolleyes: but at least thanks for the 1st answer thats all I needed to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

The Ombudsman won't accept your complaint until you've exhausted the internal complaint procedure of the company, so the rep on the phone was correct to get the complaints department to contact you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

The Ombudsman won't accept your complaint until you've exhausted the internal complaint procedure of the company, so the rep on the phone was correct to get the complaints department to contact you.

I worded it badly, I asked for a supervisor they said no, I asked for escalations and they dismissed it, it wasnt until I mentioned complaining outside of the company that I got help.

You guys have answered my questions, I wasnt sure of what rights I had as a customer, mainly the direct debits and complaints but it really was poor customer service from them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement