Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsie hill climb challenge 2018 - Howth TT

• 21-02-2018 10:00pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭

So after some discussion here

It's proposed to run a hill climb up this segement on Sunday March 25th at 10 am (open to suggestions on this)

Timing will be by means of Strava....eh, not sure else what else needs to be said, think that's all!

So, who's in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Glass Prison 1214

Sunday's are reserved exclusively for road racing for me, I'll be busy getting my backside handed to me at the Des Hanlon!

So I will be handing over the title to someone else for this year!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

if it's howth, the only debate would be village side or sutton side.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

I would guess people are more likely to be blocked by pedestrians/traffic if going from village side?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

if it's howth, the only debate would be village side or sutton side.

Or village side up to the right of the church!

Sunday's are reserved exclusively for road racing for me, I'll be busy getting my backside handed to me at the Des Hanlon!

So I will be handing over the title to someone else for this year!

Dang. If that's the case for others, maybe Saturday is better? Otherwise you can have a crack at it later that day (an advantage of timing via strava)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Probably Racing. If not I’ll show up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Or village side up to the right of the church!
    well, it is a hill climb challenge. a challenge needs to be a challenge.

daragh_ wrote: »
    Probably Racing. If not I’ll show up.
    this *is* a race.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

10 on a sunday in Howth is probably not the best time to do it. It would need to be earlier really. Howth gets busy,.

Anyway, I say both sides up to the summit each time, with best aggregate time declared the winner

this *is* a race.

First IVCA race of the year I think. I only get so many passes and must use them wisely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭rodneyTrotter.

I’m in , Sutton side up would surely make sense . No traffic lights etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I'm away that weekend, if it's decided to go on the Saturday I'd do it early to give you all a laugh at my time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I'm out of the country that weekend (25th), but like last year I'll post a "right I'd better start training" effort in the following week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Glass Prison 1214

colm18 wrote: »
    Otherwise you can have a crack at it later that day (an advantage of timing via strava)

Later that day? :eek:

You've got a sense of humour Colm, the chances of me doing the Des (150k) and then cycling the 55k round trip to Howth later that day are slim!

Later that day? :eek:

You've got a sense of humour Colm, the chances of me doing the Des (150k) and then cycling the 55k round trip to Howth later that day are slim!

It'll give the rest of us a chance ;-)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I'm up for it. May not be able to make it for 10 but should be able to tackle it later in the day if not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭Galego

I am in. I am likely to come last too!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Derrydingle

daragh_ wrote:
    First IVCA race of the year I think. I only get so many passes and must use them wisely.

Are the races for the ivca listed yet?

Are the races for the ivca listed yet?

No. I’m guessing from last years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Where we to have a downhill version Colm?

• Advertisement

What's 'downhill'? :p I'll leave that up to you to organise you nutter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

colm18 wrote: »
    What's 'downhill'? :p I'll leave that up to you to organise you nutter :D

Ah I'm up to my eyes training...more a summer thing i would imagine;):cool:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

How's everyone's training going?

Uh oh. I meant to delete this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭rodneyTrotter.

How's everyone's training going?

Go up there a fair bit . Struggling to break 9mins in training with the wind lately blowing the wrong way . Should be nearer 8min , so not great

I sense apathy (mainly from myself). Anyone still up for this? I haven't actually cycled up a hill fast in about 6 months so potential embarrassment awaits.

I'm still going to do it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I might do it if it's Sunday, tomorrow I've set myself the target of Lovers Leap lane, which though short, broke me last time.

That depends on the roads as well though

Cool. I'll give it a bash 10am Sunday - https://www.strava.com/segments/7312602

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,952 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

If im back before darkness on sunday ill give it a go.

Advertisement