Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

26-01-2020, 12:29   #121
handlemaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steer55 View Post
How do you manage when you get Ill living in such a remote place? Is it difficult to access a hospital should you need medical care? Few would chance living so remotely especially during their advancing years
How do people currently live in the country side ?
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
26-01-2020, 13:10   #122
antimatterx

Dublin City Council advising someone to overhold is an absolute disgrace!
Thanks from:
26-01-2020, 13:24   #123
Graces7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steer55 View Post
How do you manage when you get Ill living in such a remote place? Is it difficult to access a hospital should you need medical care? Few would chance living so remotely especially during their advancing years
Quite the contrary. Many old folk live on the islands and we have excellent medical care access. NB I am long term ill/disabled and not a worry.
A dr comes frequently and at need in urgent need, and we have a nurse

And in accident or dire need? The Air Ambulance comes in. We have a helipad and to hospital far faster than by road . Far faster!

I have lived over 30 years in remote/island place, here and in Scotland and never a worry . Always excellent medical cover
Thanks from:
26-01-2020, 13:28   #124
Graces7

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauf View Post
It's going to be increasing problem not just for older people but families etc as smaller LL are replace with "professional" LLs people will be priced out of the areas they know and will have to relocate further away.
I have lived perforce in 7 counties in less than 20 years with 10 moves. Easier for single and old than for families. Has been getting harder for many years . Am hoping that now I am a council tenant this will be stability. Leaving Kerry was the hardest thing of it all; I was so happy and settled there. My landlord was so upset; he could hardly get the words out to tell me he had to sell.

I check daft ie out of interest. Does not get easier.
Thanks from:
26-01-2020, 13:32   #125
holyhead

Good on you OP. It's nice to know there are still nice people out there. Life can make you cynical. Really hope this gentleman gets sorted out.
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
26-01-2020, 14:26   #126
Graces7

OP; any news please?
Thanks from:
26-01-2020, 16:41   #127
Steer55

Quote:
Originally Posted by handlemaster View Post
How do people currently live in the country side ?

I used to live in the countryside, 39 km from nearest hospital, not a centre of excellence. Sold up to move to city to be near better health care facilities and better amenities. It is very important to me to have all the services of the city at my doorstep.
Thanks from:
29-01-2020, 15:16   #128
BigVanVador

Quote:
Originally Posted by antimatterx View Post
Dublin City Council advising someone to overhold is an absolute disgrace!
I just went through hell to get a tenant out for non payment of rent. She had contacted TD's and councillors that told her the same. She stole most of my furniture, thrashed the place, owes me over 4k and left enough rubbish to fill a skip. It's put me off renting it again.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion