Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

22-01-2020, 13:30   #1
arctictree

Property not marketed and sold quick

Looking for some advice here. Basically, a property near me went up for sale in December. Would have suited me perfectly, No for sale sign outside it and address on the daft ad was in the wrong townland and only one photo (of the garden). Rang the EA today and the property went sale agreed last week for quite a low price in my opinion. Any advice? Approach the vendor?
Advertisement
22-01-2020, 13:32   #2
Dav010

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictree View Post
Looking for some advice here. Basically, a property near me went up for sale in December. Would have suited me perfectly, No for sale sign outside it and address on the daft ad was in the wrong townland and only one photo (of the garden). Rang the EA today and the property went sale agreed last week for quite a low price in my opinion. Any advice? Approach the vendor?
Could be a cash buyer.
Thanks from:
22-01-2020, 15:21   #3
Graham

Quote:
Approach the vendor?
Why wouldn't you? Nothing to lose by trying.

Last edited by Graham; 22-01-2020 at 22:04. Reason: typo
22-01-2020, 20:16   #4
the_syco

Quote:
LoL, could be someone trying to avoid tax when selling to a relative. Or there could be a known issue with the property, that was used to get a substantial reduction.

No harm in putting a bid in, but would advise one that will be noticed. So not a €1,000 increase, but maybe a €20,000 increase.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion