Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

22-01-2020, 10:19   #166
Pogue eile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayoAreMagic View Post
Re your comparison of hurlingand football, I take it you have given up the ghost there.
Not at all, but my origianl comment was merely a reply to the claim that ''Football is more widely played and attains greater attendances'' which I disagree with.

But as it essientialy has feck all to do with this thread in the bigger sense of the topic being discussed I am letting it go in the interest of not dragging threads off topic.....you should give it a try
Advertisement
22-01-2020, 10:22   #167
dunnerc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue eile View Post
Not at all, but my origianl comment was merely a reply to the claim that ''Football is more widely played and attains greater attendances'' which I disagree with.

But as it essientialy has feck all to do with this thread in the bigger sense of the topic being discussed I am letting it go in the interest of not dragging threads off topic.....you should give it a try
And give up whinging about Dublin ? Not gonna happen
Thanks from:
22-01-2020, 10:31   #168
Pogue eile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnerc View Post
And give up whinging about Dublin ? Not gonna happen
I'm assuming from the username he is an adolescent and will eventually grow out of it, about 13 I would have guessed.
(2) thanks from:
22-01-2020, 10:35   #169
MayoAreMagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue eile View Post

But the logic you used to disprove the point was totally flawed. Have you anything else ti support your view?

O'rourke spoke about changing the teams from the county. People disagreed with it. I suggested keeping the county model up to the point of where the thing was completely out of kilter, ie where populations are ridiculously big or ridiculously small, and that this would be a model that would be taken to better by the masses, as well as probably being a better competition in general than orourkes suggestion.
It isnt about dublin specifically no more than it is about leitrim specifically, or anyone else. The likes of yourself will try to shout it down, but it cannot be denied that it is a reasonable discussion.
22-01-2020, 10:39   #170
Pogue eile

Quote:
But the logic you used to disprove the point was totally flawed. Have you anything else ti support your view?

O'rourke spoke about changing the teams from the county. People disagreed with it. I suggested keeping the county model up to the point of where the thing was completely out of kilter, ie where populations are ridiculously big or ridiculously small, and that this would be a model that would be taken to better by the masses, as well as probably being a better competition in general than orourkes suggestion.
It isnt about dublin specifically no more than it is about leitrim specifically, or anyone else. The likes of yourself will try to shout it down, but it cannot be denied that it is a reasonable discussion.
I haven't tried to shout it down at all , and I will have a reasonable discussion with any reasonable person as it goes.
Advertisement
22-01-2020, 10:43   #171
dunnerc

Quote:

It cannot be denied that the likes of yourself will drag Dublin into any reasonable discussion on any GAA Thread
22-01-2020, 10:49   #172
MayoAreMagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnerc View Post
It cannot be denied that the likes of yourself will drag Dublin into any reasonable discussion on any GAA Thread
You do realise that o'rourke himself in the article references 2 or even 3 dublin teams?
22-01-2020, 10:56   #173
dunnerc

Quote:
You do realise that o'rourke himself in the article references 2 or even 3 dublin teams?
No I never realised that
22-01-2020, 19:17   #174
rebel girl 15

To be honest, the thread needs to be continued in the change to GAA thread, as that is what is it actually discussing, and one thread on that topic is enough

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...890333&page=56
(3) thanks from:
Thread Closed