Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

10-01-2020, 15:37   #16
denartha

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
Many fella's with a semi-auto or pump action shotgun would have a strap to carry them on their shoulder.

If he had a springer with him I'd guess it was a shotgun.
See my follow up comment.
Advertisement
10-01-2020, 17:10   #17
Grizzly 45

They are called "slings" not straps.:pAnd yes,perfectly legal to carry a rifle/shotgun on a public road when going from one shooting area to the next here Provided as said unloaded,and in a non threatning manner. Up to you whether you want to carry the gun slung or broken over the crook of your arm,or "Safari style",broken ,unloaded with you holding the muzzle[s] and the mechanism over your shoulder.About as common a sight in the country as cattle being herded along a road at this time of year.
10-01-2020, 18:00   #18
cookimonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD2 View Post
Then there's the odd lads out in public forests shooting with no indication that they're there. Sometimes dangerous assumptions are made that no one else is about.
....and then there are the countless numbers of the public who blatantly walk, cycle, ride etc past, around, over and no doubtless under warning signs clearly identifying the 'public wood' as being out of bounds for the purpose of Hunting.

The amount of people who say 'I didn't see the sign' ... the red and white ones hung at every entrance to the wood, the ones thst say 'No Unauthorised Entry, Firearms In Use' , ..... when you explian the situation, you may get the pathetic 'we have permission! .... thats usually followed up by ourselves saying ohhh ok, show us your permit, and by the way what was the name of the forest manager who have you authorisation to be here: fill in the gap ( examples - motorcross, mountain bikeing off forest roads, cutting/ building mountain bike trails, mountaineering, horse ridding on and off roads, camping, mushroom picking, illegal wood cutting, etc etc just a few things we have come across)
10-01-2020, 18:05   #19
Grizzly 45

And dont forget the "attitude" as well....
(2) thanks from:
11-01-2020, 08:03   #20
Emmersonn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookimonster View Post
....and then there are the countless numbers of the public who blatantly walk, cycle, ride etc past, around, over and no doubtless under warning signs clearly identifying the 'public wood' as being out of bounds for the purpose of Hunting.

The amount of people who say 'I didn't see the sign' ... the red and white ones hung at every entrance to the wood, the ones thst say 'No Unauthorised Entry, Firearms In Use' , ..... when you explian the situation, you may get the pathetic 'we have permission! .... thats usually followed up by ourselves saying ohhh ok, show us your permit, and by the way what was the name of the forest manager who have you authorisation to be here: fill in the gap ( examples - motorcross, mountain bikeing off forest roads, cutting/ building mountain bike trails, mountaineering, horse ridding on and off roads, camping, mushroom picking, illegal wood cutting, etc etc just a few things we have come across)
You forgot "Park and ride"
Thanks from:
Advertisement
11-01-2020, 08:24   #21
THE_SHEEP

Funny, you can walk along a road way ( public area ) with a rifle or shotgun . I cant walk out my front door with an airsoft gun ( includes airsoft shotgun or rifle ) , unless it's in a proper gun case . Has to be in a case while being transported . Can't be used / seen in general view of the public etc etc .

Breaking any of these rules results in confiscation of the airsoft gun and possible prosecution under firearms laws .
11-01-2020, 10:07   #22
Witcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_SHEEP View Post
Funny, you can walk along a road way ( public area ) with a rifle or shotgun . I cant walk out my front door with an airsoft gun ( includes airsoft shotgun or rifle ) , unless it's in a proper gun case . Has to be in a case while being transported . Can't be used / seen in general view of the public etc etc .

Breaking any of these rules results in confiscation of the airsoft gun and possible prosecution under firearms laws .
Because you've no reason to have an airsoft gun out in public.
11-01-2020, 11:35   #23
Cadpat_cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_SHEEP View Post

Because we airsofters don't have license for our rif so any body can walk in and buy one so if the law wasn't there every Tommy 46 convictions would be walking acting hard ruining the sport for the rest of us.
Thanks from:
13-01-2020, 16:03   #24
Feisar

Seem to remember an old Reno side by side I used to have, having sling swivels.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion