Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

05-01-2020, 00:59   #16
Nekarsulm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rows Grower View Post
Up your hole deeksofdoom.
Advertisement
05-01-2020, 14:23   #17
Chiparus

I was with them for the insurance, Due to renew this week, ( was supposed to in December, but left it till after Christmas) , does anyone know of other organisations I could join who provide this insurance?
05-01-2020, 15:52   #18
deeksofdoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rows Grower View Post
Up your hole deeksofdoom.
Wishful thinking on your part.
Thanks from:
05-01-2020, 16:16   #19
cookimonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiparus View Post
I was with them for the insurance, Due to renew this week, ( was supposed to in December, but left it till after Christmas) , does anyone know of other organisations I could join who provide this insurance?
Give the them a bell, I think the IFA can provide cover.
06-01-2020, 08:16   #20
ZiabR

Bad news indeed. I have been with them for the past 3 years. Real shame they are pulling out. I was paying €50 a year which is a bargain. If anyone else manages to find an alternative SINGLE Insurance membership, please post up the link.
Advertisement
06-01-2020, 08:44   #21
The pigeon man

Country sports Ireland.

€40 for individuals.

€30 per club member.

https://countrysportsireland.org/
(3) thanks from:
06-01-2020, 09:27   #22
ZiabR

Thanks for that. Will move to them going forward.
09-01-2020, 16:59   #23
berettaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiparus View Post

NARGC provide cover to clubs €50 per man.

Level of cover stands up very well to competitors.

However, They do not cater for individuals.

Everyone should double check who they are underwritten by, this even goes for car your insurance.
09-01-2020, 19:26   #24
cavan shooter

Who would have thought, my Brother is with them and he said it was to do with Brexit, and them been based out of the jurisdiction, its a pity has they were a good bunch and always had time for a chat.

At this stage id be sticking to IFA and NARGC at least they are home grown and local with proven track record. I see what you mean about the car insurance (Gulp) was stung hard the last time an insurance company had to bail.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
09-01-2020, 19:59   #25
Grizzly 45

Make sure if you are in the "Have gun,will travel" category of shooter.That whoever you use also covers you outside the ROI.A couple of those didnt in the past.
(2) thanks from:
10-01-2020, 06:14   #26
meathstevie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly 45 View Post
Make sure if you are in the "Have gun,will travel" category of shooter.That whoever you use also covers you outside the ROI.A couple of those didnt in the past.
The last time I checked that in depth with the NARGC, and that’s a good while ago, cover was EU wide. I was advised to simply ring the fund manager to clarify any issues before traveling if there was any doubt. Did that once and got a conclusive answer in a matter of minutes.
10-01-2020, 09:31   #27
berettaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by meathstevie View Post
The last time I checked that in depth with the NARGC, and that’s a good while ago, cover was EU wide. I was advised to simply ring the fund manager to clarify any issues before traveling if there was any doubt. Did that once and got a conclusive answer in a matter of minutes.

If I recall correctly the NARGC made their cover Worldwide a couple of years ago in order to "Brexit Proof" the fund.

Also, if you are in doubt ring the fund administrator or any Committee member and they will answer any queries.

It is sad to see CA go but I know that the NARGC would not be found wanting to look after hunting and shooting clubs.
It's vital that hunting clubs don't disband or dissolve over this, as hunters we are stronger together and we have enough antis trying to do us in.
(2) thanks from:
10-01-2020, 09:37   #28
ZiabR

This might not be as big a deal as some of us think. I spoke with my club and they have already met with an alternative provider and are in the final stages of a new insurance package.

From what I have been told, there are at least 3-4 other companies in Ireland offering insurance for Hunting and Shooting.

We will be ok, thankfully.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion