Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley77 View Post
Hi OP,

Can I ask how you got on with your dental appointment? I’m in the same boat myself and trying to build up the courage to make the call!!
Hi Smiley, I booked in the appointment and went yesterday. It went fine, there are some things wrong that will need work, but it wasn't as bad as I expected. Everyone was very professional and friendly and I'm booked in for follow up sessions over the next month or so.

It's hard to describe but I felt as if I had a constant pressure in my brain when thinking about my dental issues. And just booking in the appointment relieved some of that pressure, and the appointment itself relieved most of the rest. It felt as if a weight had been lifted. I now have a clear head for the first time in quite a while!

Granted, it's not all going to be good news. But I was running through all of the possible things that could be wrong, will I need extractions, do I have gum disease, will I need implants/dentures etc. And this just overwhelmed me and I tended to just give up and bury my head in the sand (I think that's similar to the tailspin that itsallgood1 mentioned above and it was definitely the fear of the unknown as fitzgeme said).

But when you get the diagnosis from the dentist, this collapses all of that down to just the actual issues. Then you know what needs to be fixed and can plan accordingly, everything becomes much clearer.

So the best thing you can do is make the call and book in the appointment, it's probably free if you're working/have PRSI cover. You'll feel much better afterwards guaranteed. So just do it!

Hope you get it sorted.

And thanks once again for everyone's input.