Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-01-2020, 13:52   #1
Kevin Irving

Ceramic Braces

Hi, I realise that I should be asking my orthodontist this, but she only works out of the practice one day a week, and the receptionist isn't sure.

I'm due to get upper and lower braces on Thursday morning. To this point I haven't really considered ceramic brackets or white wire or discussed with my orthodontist.

I've had SARPE surgery and palate expander in until recently, and the molar bands were picked from a set of various sizes.

Would it normally be the case that the orthodontist just picks the individual brackets from a set, or would they be specially ordered in advance?

Obviously everywhere is different, but would like to have a rough idea going in. The engineer in me says go with metal, but I saw someone recently with ceramic and I was very impressed.

Best regards,
Kevin
Advertisement
07-01-2020, 18:31   #2
Dianthus

Each case needs to be assessed on its own merits, & different practitioners will have different approaches. Your best bet is to email your query to the practice, & they can forward that email on to the orthodontist, who should then be able to contact you directly to discuss further

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion