Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Roxboro, Limerick

• 04-03-2019 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi all,

Could anyone tell me from experience how efficient Roxboro Garda Station in Limerick are at processing the FCA1? I loathe to think I may have to wait 3 months

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

It varies. Im waiting 2.5 months for a substitution. Same station did a sub before xmas in a week. Bit of a lottery i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭JohnFitz2332

It varies. Im waiting 2.5 months for a substitution. Same station did a sub before xmas in a week. Bit of a lottery i guess

oof.. I don't think I could stand 2.5 months.. I just wanna blast some clay birds with my new shotgun!

the firearms officer in the station does seem fairly on the ball though in fairness to her

oof.. I don't think I could stand 2.5 months.. I just wanna blast some clay birds with my new shotgun!

the firearms officer in the station does seem fairly on the ball though in fairness to her

very same as that, bought an mx2000 just after xmas. its been a long wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Grace O Halloran, she is fairly on the Ball with licences,its just she has other jobs,duties etc,unfortunately no full time dedicated FO

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Hunter456

first license 5 weeks, rifle license 2 weeks, second rifle license 7 weeks. varies i think all you can do is wait.

• Advertisement

very same as that, bought an mx2000 just after xmas. its been a long wait.

mx2000 must've set you back a few quid. serious gun

Grace O Halloran, she is fairly on the Ball with licences,its just she has other jobs,duties etc,unfortunately no full time dedicated FO

yes she's very professional. she told me thursday that everything is in order her end and she's putting the form on the super's desk. So, I don't know if this is going to be the lengthy part or whether it's Grace herself who does all the background checks and so forth

mx2000 must've set you back a few quid. serious gun

5k. That included full fitting to me. It will be the last one i ever buy

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Tacklebox

5k. That included full fitting to me. It will be the last one i ever buy

Great spread off that piece Kiiddd...

Tacklebox wrote: »
    Great spread off that piece Kiiddd...

funny though i shot better with the dt10 i traded in!

• Advertisement

Hello again!

What exactly is the superintendents role in this process? Is it their job to simply sign the line or do they do all the checks with referees, doctors and so on?

I figured maybe the FO did all the checks on PULSE and with your referees etc and then sent to superintendent for final approval but my FCA1 has been sitting on the supers desk for two weeks now

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Depends on the list of priorities the Super has on at the moment. He could be off on a course for something, some PR effort, or not back from the St Paddy's weekend yet. So when they do get around to Superintending, there could be a mound of paperwork on the desk and they have to piroritise whats more important.

Yeah,he is supposed to read, and in fairness, they do so read all applications and make a decision on it.No wonder it takes 90 days plus.:P

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 18 iscoed

my fo told me that he can do substitutions without superintendents
    authority as long as the substitution complies with the original grant conditions. my sub from a rifle to a shotgun went in on the 8th March.......

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Going to be interesting, seeing that you are changing from one type of firearm to another?? Usually only works,if you are changing like for like in the types of firearms.IE a 12 ga for a 12 GA or a CF rifle for a CF rifle,etc. And even then it still needs to be amended and a new liscense issued.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

I agree, I was quite surprised myself.. the quote from the fo was 'you can substitute any rifle for a shotgun'... my understanding was exactly the same as yourself.... I'll keep you updated.

Dropped FCA1 into station 2nd March, was contacted today and told it was approved. 23 days, not too bad.

my substitution for a .22 lr to a .410 shotgun just came through the door. it can be done Guys.....

Hello once again! How long does the actual yellow firearms cert yellow card take to arrive for ye typically? I paid the 80 quid at the post office Friday morning, reckoned I'd have it by now.

bout a week or that usually for me, but iv gone and collected firearms wth the grant letter before no problem at all

bout a week or that usually for me, but iv gone and collected firearms wth the grant letter before no problem at all

Oh really? So collecting with the grant letter and post office receipt should be OK?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭freddieot

Oh really? So collecting with the grant letter and post office receipt should be OK?

No it's not. It's technically breaking the law but I've no doubt this scenario happens from time to time. You either have a cert or you don't.

What will you do if you are stopped or the local cops do an inspection - it's in the post ? What happens if there is a longer delay at the printer and your cert is not issued for another week.

Not worth the risk in my opinion, wait the extra few days.

freddieot wrote: »
    No it's not. It's technically breaking the law but I've no doubt this scenario happens from time to time. You either have a cert or you don't.

What will you do if you are stopped or the local cops do an inspection - it's in the post ? What happens if there is a longer delay at the printer and your cert is not issued for another week.

Not worth the risk in my opinion, wait the extra few days.

Fair point. I'm not trying to find ways around the law, just wasn't aware what the law was.

Just from a logical standpoint, driving a car when the tax disc is in the post is permissible so it would be a reasonable assumption for someone to make. But yeah, guns ain't cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭freddieot

Of course you want to do it the right way, would not suggest otherwise.

Usually mine arrive within 4-7 working days. Of course it always feels much longer though. Hope you get it soon. Nothing quite like a new toy. Enjoy !

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭The pigeon man

Fair point. I'm not trying to find ways around the law, just wasn't aware what the law was.

Just from a logical standpoint, driving a car when the tax disc is in the post is permissible so it would be a reasonable assumption for someone to make. But yeah, guns ain't cars.

Unfortunately you'd be guilty of failing to display your disc which is an offence in itself.

You're under no obligation to carry your firearms certificate while using or possessing your firearm. If a garda observes you with a firearm they may ask to see the certificate. If you don't have it on you, you must tell them your name and address.

Dont know if its ok tbh. But yeah its commonly done in alot of rfd's.

Advertisement