Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lesbian transgender couple declares their plan to transition their 5-year-old son

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

Wasn't gonna bother commenting any more on this but ya... :pac:

I have a five year old son hes a smart enough young fella picks things up fairly quickly but this kinda stuff there's no child of this age in the world who should be exposed to it or thinking about it!

They should be going to school learning exciting new useful things not excluding themselves from the normal everyday world.

Look at the parents ffs is anyone actually surprised about the direction there sending the kid in?

Its not right on any level i don't care how accepting people want to be and its not normal either no matter what you believe in!

Theres a reason why so many trans people are committing suicide and abusing themselves these are not stable people ffs.

If your questioning the gender you where born and actually considering mutilating your body and appearance there are serious mental issues there.

Nothing anyone can say can change my opinion on that its a serious disorder that is being massively over indulged by certain parts of society.

Ignorant much?

The self harm rate is related to haters who hate anyone who dare to be different than your version of "normal".

Being transgender is not "mental issues", it is not "massively indulged" as per the figures I posted earlier . You need to move on from your hateful attitude towards a tiny tiny number of people who have no affect on your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

At this stage the disappearance of US culture would be a massive boost to the world.

It's going nowhere. US culture influences the entire west and has done since the end of WW2.

They said they are going to transition. Plenty of children are being transitioned and plenty of people support it.

Show the proof that plenty of children are being transitioned. Only about 12 teenagers in Ireland have changed gender, is that your version of "plenty of children"?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Sick f***ers..it’s the same as your child saying I want to be an astronaut.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,079 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

klaaaz wrote: »
    Ignorant much?

The self harm rate is related to haters who hate anyone who dare to be different than your version of "normal".

Being transgender is not "mental issues", it is not "massively indulged" as per the figures I posted earlier . You need to move on from your hateful attitude towards a tiny tiny number of people who have no affect on your life.

My version of normal is the vast majority of the human race so that kinda speaks for itself doesn't it?

Do you know what i think is incredible i have had people call me all kinds on here over the years in threads like this and told me how i need to change etc....

Yet im not looked at any differently or respected any less out there in the real world. The same cant really be said about certain other people though can it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Muckka

Ignorant much?

Why do some people say people have a hateful attitude when they're staying fact's and opinions ?

I read their post's and there's no expression of hate.

A lot of sjw's and liberals have a lot of catching up to reconcile the definition of hate.

They're always getting emotionally triggered by thinking of the worst possible way to describe someone's opinion.

Do you know the definition of hate ?

My version of normal is the vast majority of the human race so that kinda speaks for itself doesn't it?

Do you know what i think is incredible i have had people call me all kinds on here over the years in threads like this and told me how i need to change etc....

Yet im not looked at any differently or respected any less. The same cant really be said about certain other people though can it?
    Muckka wrote: »
    Why do some people say people have a hateful attitude when they're staying fact's and opinions ?

I read their post's and there's no expression of hate.

A lot of sjw's and liberals have a lot of catching up to reconcile the definition of hate.

They're always getting emotionally triggered by thinking of the worst possible way to describe someone's opinion.

Do you know the definition of hate ?

The medical community(plus many other professional bodies) who are neither sjw's or liberals(bloody American terms) know far more than both of you about transgender people, the medical community don't treat transgender people as having "not stable mental issues" or not "normal".

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭vonlars

When I was 5, I may as well have been a boy. I grew up with nothing but older brothers and being pushed out the door farming with my Dad every weekend. I loved being out and getting mucky, and climbing over ditches and just generally being covered in sh*te. Never as much as looked at a doll, refused to wear dresses and screamed any time my mother came near me with a hairbrush. Grew out of it in my teens when I discovered boys and makeup.

I never had to think about being a girl or a boy then, but if someone had come to me when I was 5 and said 'You can be a boy for real' of course I would have said yes. At that age you don't understand the complexities of life, you just see a big exciting opportunity to be something you think you want to be. So sending a five year old to counselling for this alone should be enough to have social services step in.

AllForIt wrote: »
    I'm not familiar with the website linked in the OP and I'm wary of the veracity of those I haven't come across before.

Theblaze.com is an American socially conservative right wing website, they have a few fans here who love their type of propaganda.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

You sound kind of close minded to be honest.

Also, the content of the story contradicts your title: story says kid makes choice and the digital workers investigated for abusec and found nothing...

And that is the crux: if the parents were pusking it, then yes - it most certainly would be abusive. if the kid the choice, then no it isn't. What, exactly, do you find so hard to believe about the content kid's choice?

Not close minded at all just concerned for the child's well being.

The key part is where you "The kids choice" do you honestly believe that a child that young wants to become a woman for the rest of his life. A 5 year old knows that at his age and we should just let the parents brainwash him into become a woman before they start him on the transition treatment and drugs.

Should we tell the child that his mental health is likely to be affected by "his choice" in his teenage years since almost 50% of trans young people attempt suicide. Or should we just ignore the facts and statistics and just let them do as they please with their child?

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/mar/28/trans-young-people-suicide-support-mental-health

https://www.itv.com/news/2018-09-26/british-streets-still-not-safe-for-trans-people-who-are-left-suicidal-and-self-harming-campaigner-tells-itv-news/

https://uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUKKCN1LS39K

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

It says all you need to know about this case that the first thing the parents did was run to the media and splash the poor kids picture everywhere.
    These parents are looking for their 15 minutes, and appear to have no issue with destroying their child's life to get it.

The medical community(plus many other professional bodies) who are neither sjw's or liberals(bloody American terms) know far more than both of you about transgender people, the medical community don't treat transgender people as having "not stable mental issues" or not "normal".

Thats lovely and all but it doesn't change the fact there basically on the same level as any other person with a mental illness.

If your born one thing and your brain is telling you something else theres something wrong there no matter what way you look at it.

Thats lovely and all but it doesn't change the fact there basically on the same level as any other person with a mental illness.

If your born one thing and your brain is telling you something else theres something wrong there no matter what way you look at it.

It is not a mental illness no matter how many times you try to state it. The HSE do not treat as being transgender as a mental illness, no consultant or GP does either, you're wrong.
    As to the self-harming, the link posted previously https://www.itv.com/news/2018-09-26/british-streets-still-not-safe-for-trans-people-who-are-left-suicidal-and-self-harming-campaigner-tells-itv-news/
    Unstable lives and unsafe streets: Campaigner says treatment of trans people in UK is driving people to brink of suicide

It is haters who harass and use violence to beat up transgender people for the crime of existing in society, they are driving people to self-harm. The same happened to gays a generation ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,972 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Not close minded at all just concerned for the child's well being.

The key part is where you "The kids choice" do you honestly believe that a child that young wants to become a woman for the rest of his life. A 5 year old knows that at his age and we should just let the parents brainwash him into become a woman before they start him on the transition treatment and drugs.

Possible, yes, because I've seen it happen. Personally. Possibly not, though - which is why I'm against coersion.
    Should we tell the child that his mental health is likely to be affected by "his choice" in his teenage years since almost 50% of trans young people attempt suicide. Or should we just ignore the facts and statistics and just let them do as they please with their child?

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/mar/28/trans-young-people-suicide-support-mental-health

https://www.itv.com/news/2018-09-26/british-streets-still-not-safe-for-trans-people-who-are-left-suicidal-and-self-harming-campaigner-tells-itv-news/

https://uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUKKCN1LS39K

Are you saying that transgender is a mental health issue?

What? You're the one who doesn't appear to have read the article. As said numerous times, it's not the child wearing dresses, it's his parents planning to transition him as soon as possible. One of the parents is even using female pronouns regarding the child already.

From the article:
    Social workers from North Lanarkshire in Scotland where the Rogerses live have reportedly checked in on the family after an anonymous complaint from a neighbor, but determined that there were no signs of abuse.

Furthermore, it refers to the child's choice several times.
    Wearing dresses at five does not necessarily mean he's trans. Why does this even have to be explained?

I agree. Never said contrary,

Again: I'm NOT saying "the child is trans!!" - I'm saying it's not impossible.
    Also telling someone they seem closed-minded, as you did on the basis of one post (a post which was not written in a hostile manner at all) makes you look closed-minded also. Not every liberal outlook is a positive - and a person can have their reservations about it without being a closed-minded individual.

OP said he had a hard time believing the child hand't been influenced by the parents. Based on what? Does he know the parents personally? Because if not, then that's close-minded.

Again - it's possible. Not definite, not probably, maybe not even likely.

Possible.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Are you saying that transgender is a mental health issue?

No where did I say that?

Those articles state that "it has an affect on their mental health"

Since correct me if I'm wrong:
    Suicide is associated with mental health problems.

Are you denying that in some cases young trans people's mental health is effected by their decision to transition?

It is not a mental illness no matter how many times you try to state it. The HSE do not treat as being transgender as a mental illness, no consultant or GP does either, you're wrong.
    As to the self-harming, the link posted previously https://www.itv.com/news/2018-09-26/british-streets-still-not-safe-for-trans-people-who-are-left-suicidal-and-self-harming-campaigner-tells-itv-news/

It is haters who harass and use violence to beat up transgender people for the crime of existing in society, they are driving people to self-harm. The same happened to gays a generation ago.

Your link above most of that info came from..... ''Joni Cohen a trans-feminist political organiser'' Shes gonna have a fairly one way street view to the whole issue isn't she!

Your link above most of that info came from..... ''Joni Cohen a trans-feminist political organiser'' Shes gonna have a fairly one way street view to the whole issue isn't she!

Does that person or any other transgender person who is "not normal" in your view deserve street harassment and violence?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭vonlars

Does that person or any other transgender person who is "not normal" in your view deserve street harassment and violence?

Where has anyone in this thread condoned street harassment and violence? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,972 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

No where did I say that?

Those articles state that "it has an affect on their mental health"

Since correct me if I'm wrong:
    Suicide is associated with mental health problems.

Are you denying that in some cases young trans people's mental health is effected by their decision to transition?

Something effecting your mental health =/= being a mental health issue.

Transition will effect your mental health (most lifestyle changes will) - but an "issue"?
    Suicide is a mental health issue, resulting in something effecting your mental health.

Or, to put it this way, your logic is:
    transition - mental health issues; and mental health issues - suicide attempts
    so
    transition - suicide attempts

- otherwise, why even bring up suicide?!

I'm perfectly aware that transition effects mental health - which is why anyone considering it will go through counselling. But if your suicidal and go through counselling, counsellors don't actually say "yes, I think you should do it".

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Trump was right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Hunts the internet for things to be outraged by in order to call others snowflakes...

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Muckka

You're not answering my post, where did any the poster's express hatred ?

I never said anything about the medical community, I think you're reading from what emotionally triggers you rather than facts.

You said that some people are expressing hatred towards transgender people.

Where's the hatred ?

I'm not undermining you, I'm just looking for a position that proves you're right about poster's hating transgender people.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I have to hope this is daily mail stirring up nonsense again, though the quotes in the article don't seem to support that.

I think aside from the rest of the issues, it's really disappointing that they seem to want to enforce gender roles. Like a boy can't just wear a dress, that must mean it's a girl, because boys can't wear dresses
    It seems so recessive

Do most people deserve it? Probably not no!

The thing is do most people draw attention to themselves in such a massive way as a lot of these people do? The more you stand out and try and be different your going to attract attention from all kinds. The more political people and activists push there issues out there the more these people will be targeted as well.

For every person who sees no issues with it and treats it as a normal thing there will be twenty others who dont and that will never ever change.

Bull**** like the article posted in this thread wont exactly fix that will it?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The more you stand out and try and be different your going to attract attention from all kinds.
    Yeah, the fault here is not with the person being different it's with the people who provide the "attention" as you put it.

If you are a person, or have a child, who is going to make remarks to or about someone who is "different", then you're the idiot. Not the person who stands out.

Teaching children not to stand out from the crowd because some people are idiots, is a really bad lesson.

How about you teach children that it's OK to stand out from the norm and to let other people do their own thing instead of attacking them for standing out? Revolutionary, I know.

Do most people deserve it? Probably not no!

The thing is do most people draw attention to themselves in such a massive way as a lot of these people do? The more you stand out and try and be different your going to attract attention from all kinds. The more political people and activists push there issues out there the more these people will be targeted as well.

For every person who sees no issues with it and treats it as a normal thing there will be twenty others who dont and that will never ever change.

Bull**** like the article posted in this thread wont exactly fix that will it?

Define "normal" as you keep mentioning it. Perhaps your version of normal is back in the 1950's?

Anyone has the right to dress the way they want walking down the street without any harassment or violence from haters who are intolerant of anyone who is different. The problem is with the people who perpetrate the violence, not the victim of it. The article was published from an ultra conservative American website who are not fond of the lgbt community.

Muckka wrote: »
    You're not answering my post, where did any the poster's express hatred ?

I never said anything about the medical community, I think you're reading from what emotionally triggers you rather than facts.

You said that some people are expressing hatred towards transgender people.

Where's the hatred ?

I'm not undermining you, I'm just looking for a position that proves you're right about poster's hating transgender people.

You saw it so don't know why keep asking? Being transgender is not a mental illness or not "normal", it is an expression of hate saying it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

bluewolf wrote: »
    I have to hope this is daily mail stirring up nonsense again, though the quotes in the article don't seem to support that.

I think aside from the rest of the issues, it's really disappointing that they seem to want to enforce gender roles. Like a boy can't just wear a dress, that must mean it's a girl, because boys can't wear dresses
    It seems so recessive

If you're willing to wade through the trans-hate and the well-meaning but delusional nonsense online, you'll find a few genuine concerns that aren't getting much time and this is one of them.

It sounds even worse if you change the sexes around. Imagine encouraging a girl who likes playing with a toy digger and wearing trousers to become a boy since girls couldn't possibly like anything engineering-related? It sounds nuts.

Like I said, I've seen this point made before but it's drowned out by soundbites and the general quality of debate on social media.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Is this the same HSE and consultants that claim that surgery and hormones can permanently change someone's gender? Now I understand why they say that, but it's more a social political position. But if that's what passes for medical science in the HSE, pardon me if I take some of their pronouncements with a large pinch of salt.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

manonboard wrote: »
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6585395/Britains-transgender-family-dad-born-female-little-girl-began-life-boy.html

Original article.

Local Community supports them. Social services checked in on them and everyone seems well and happy. Teachers, school and people who know them all find things to be well and happy.

No problem here OP.

Its just clothes and cultural stuff for now, in many years, they may transition physically but who knows.

A close transgender friend of mine knew from a similar age they were not in a body that felt what it should feel like. It happens, no different than any other form of stuff we learn about ourselves. We just have hugely focused attention and media on it now.

What are the guidelines regarding supporting transgenderism and fighting gender stereotypes where those conflict?

Advertisement