Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Delayed ESB connection

Options
  • 03-05-2018 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi, in process of buying new build in housing estate. We are nearly at closing but have just been told esb still not connected and that there is a backlog due to crews being taken off sites during snow etc.
    Wondering us anyone else in greater Dublin area experiencing this and what sort of delay are we looking at as builder still cant confirm a date?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

I’d say it’s more to do with your builder not having his side of things in order. Is there any ESB infrastructure in yet Ie: mini pillars (steel boxes about 3 foot by 2 foot) or unit subs (big green boxes) or are you simply waiting for your meter to be installed

• Registered Users Posts: 15 housebuyer18

Luckysasha wrote: »
    I’d say it’s more to do with your builder not having his side of things in order. Is there any ESB infrastructure in yet Ie: mini pillars (steel boxes about 3 foot by 2 foot) or unit subs (big green boxes) or are you simply waiting for your meter to be installed

Hi, I'm pretty sure all of that is in. Most of the houses around us are connected. There are maybe 3 or 4 in same situation as us. Builders say, cables need to be pulled and meter box fitted and connected. I've no idea how long this normally takes though? Allegedly esb were on site a number of weeks back but failed to complete work for some reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Askthe EA

Hi, in process of buying new build in housing estate. We are nearly at closing but have just been told esb still not connected and that there is a backlog due to crews being taken off sites during snow etc.
    Wondering us anyone else in greater Dublin area experiencing this and what sort of delay are we looking at as builder still cant confirm a date?

Working n a new build development (not Dublin) and having same issues. Building control only come on every two weeks to sign off and ESB have been way behind due to all the storms. If you miss the connection date, house wont be signed off for another two weeks. Nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Ask your builder for the MPRN number for your house. It’s the ten digit number at the top of your bill. If he can provide this number it means he has put through all the paperwork and your house has been allocated a MPRN for connection. If he can’t provide the number then the buck stops with him and probably his electrician who maybe hasn’t provided the certs to make the application. There are numerous reasons why ESB haven’t connected you yet from no paperwork to problems with the duct going from your meter box to the mini pillar. I think he is clutching at straws telling you it’s because of the snow in March lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Ask your builder for the MPRN number for your house. It’s the ten digit number at the top of your bill. If he can provide this number it means he has put through all the paperwork and your house has been allocated a MPRN for connection. If he can’t provide the number then the buck stops with him and probably his electrician who maybe hasn’t provided the certs to make the application. There are numerous reasons why ESB haven’t connected you yet from no paperwork to problems with the duct going from your meter box to the mini pillar. I think he is clutching at straws telling you it’s because of the snow in March lol.

My rental had been disconnected for 5 years and it took esb five months to sort it and then only after a call from our barrister.

The engineers are fine; it is the office staff. The engineers get the customer to face though.

And yes, the certs caused a delay but that was another 2 months after that,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 housebuyer18

Thanks for your reply. Yes we definitely have an mprn, apparently the esb have been made aware that their connection is the only thing holding up closing. They are due to come back to builder , so hopefully if we have an mprn it won't be too lengthy??

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Thanks for your reply. Yes we definitely have an mprn, apparently the esb have been made aware that their connection is the only thing holding up closing. They are due to come back to builder , so hopefully if we have an mprn it won't be too lengthy??

As you are held up by a third party, it can do no harm to call ESB yourself? I was delayed as this property is council owned and they were the delay.

It did help to some extent, in that I got the certification inspection done

https://www.esb.ie/contact

Try ?

Should not be like this but !

Advertisement