Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dating someone with a disability

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I could overlook no arms or legs but no working willy would be a tough one for me, not going to lie :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Succubus_ wrote: »
    I could overlook no arms or legs but no working willy would be a tough one for me, not going to lie :p

Ditto. I couldn't be with someone who couldnt have sex with me and I know there are non sexual ways of being intimate but I have my needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Succubus_ wrote: »
    ...no working willy would be a tough one for me, not going to lie :p
    eviltwin wrote: »
    Ditto. I couldn't be with someone who couldnt have sex with me...

Pure hate speech against those unfortunates with bollixed hydraulics or a deficiency in the pork-sword department. For shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,526 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

poisonated wrote: »
    You’re so kind.

I don’t know what you expect from me here. Would you prefer it if I would be open to a relationship with some like I’ve mentioned above?

I don’t see how it would do either of us any good.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

upinsmoke wrote: »
    Depends if they were very old and had a lot of money. Gummy jobs are meant to be amazing[/quotalo
    I know the dementia adds a thrill but would you ever leave your granny alone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Wibbs wrote: »
    There's also this chap, Nick Vujicic. no arms or legs, married with a couple of kids.

Nick-Vujicic-with-Wife-and-sons.jpg

One of the most upbeat human beings you could find.

His short film, The Butterfly Circus is well worth a watch!

....."you are spectacular!" - lovely scene!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I don’t know what you expect from me here. Would you prefer it if I would be open to a relationship with some like I’ve mentioned above?

I don’t see how it would do either of us any good.

It’s pretty ignorant to say that you wouldn’t go out with someone who had a mental disability. Mental disabilities don’t define people. There are good people with mental disabilities, just so you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

You fall for who you fall for.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,276 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Maybe he can lick his eyebrows.

It’s pretty ignorant to say that you wouldn’t go out with someone who had a mental disability. Mental disabilities don’t define people. There are good people with mental disabilities, just so you know.

No it isn’t. And I never said that they defined anyone.

With a vast number of mental disabilities there would be an issue of consent and I already expressed my belief of incompatibility with those who would have less severe ones.

The tide is turning…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

No it isn’t. And I never said that they defined anyone.

With a vast number of mental disabilities there would be an issue of consent and I already expressed my belief of incompatibility with those who would have less severe ones.

It really is though. It’s a blanket statement and a massive generalization.

It really is though. It’s a blanket statement and a massive generalization.

Look, you can get into relationships with someone who’s got a mental disability. That’s fine. Well, as long as they can consent. But I don’t have to.

The tide is turning…

Advertisement