Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wicklow Half Marathon Sunday the 24th March

• 12-03-2019 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I signed up for the Wicklow Half Marathon a while ago with a few of my friends as we are running it for Pieta House, a great charity that touches the lives of many people.

I have completed a few longer distance races in the past including HM's and I am not too concerned about getting around the course as finish times are not really important to us for this one.

I was just wondering what was the route like? Do they have water stations, are the roads closed etc., what is the best way to approach the course as it looks tough (I saw the course profile), as you would probably expect in Wicklow.

Any general advice would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭smashiner

By chance I bumped into a lad at a swimming session I go to in the past few days and he has completed this race a few times and gave me the low down on the course, so I think that I am good.

After a bout of illness for 2-3 weeks in the middle of the HM schedule, I managed to drag myself around a 19K LSR on Sunday morning so I should be ok to get around the course.

Lucozade and Jelly Babies will be my saviours on the day ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭grimbergen

Did this race yesterday. Though it was great I must say, helped by fabulous weather of course. Well organised and friendly. Could do with fewer hills ideally!

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭smashiner

Yep, It was very hilly alright it was a tough but great course. As you said, we were blessed with the weather too.......:)

I would defo consider doing this one again, great scenery too, especially towards the end of the race coming up to the lighthouse and then back into the town.

Well done to the race organisers as I thought that it was one of the better run races that I had been to in while, good communication and stewarding all the way.

Advertisement