Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Youtube / Entertainment mega thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭gunny123

Cass wrote: »
    If i were paying 3,500 for a "match" rifle that can only do 1.5" at 100 yards i'd ban it too. :D

Yeah, but thats beside the point, its a straight pull bolt action, and its banned because of how it looks. If someone put a "tactical" stock on a Blaser would that be banned too ? I don't get the notion behind it.

I never knew things were so bad on the gun licencing front in Australia. Pure stupidity it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I've said before when you put a word like Social before the word justice the word Justice no longer means what it means. Its the same as politically correct. Something is either correct or not, adding political before it means the word looses it's true meaning and becomes whatever the person or majority wish it to mean.

So social justice means it's peta's idea of justice. Lets take a look at Peta's form of social "justice" shall we.
    • Stealing dogs and claiming they're strays,
    • Making settlements to families for for such theft,
    • Putting down over 40,000 healthy animals since 1998
    • Breed specific targeting of animals they deem unsuitable such as Pit bulls
    • Acting illegally by killing animals before the mandatory 5 day period
    • Support of other murder groups such as DxE, FARM, etc.

They are a mockery to animal rights groups, and should just stop speaking out the side of their mouths in support of animal rights while simultaneously killing them by the tens of thousands.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

utH.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

I've said before when you put a word like Social before the word justice the word Justice no longer means what it means. Its the same as politically correct. Something is either correct or not, adding political before it means the word looses it's true meaning and becomes whatever the person or majority wish it to mean.

So social justice means it's peta's idea of justice. Lets take a look at Peta's form of social "justice" shall we.
    • Stealing dogs and claiming they're strays,
    • Making settlements to families for for such theft,
    • Putting down over 40,000 healthy animals since 1998
    • Breed specific targeting of animals they deem unsuitable such as Pit bulls
    • Acting illegally by killing animals before the mandatory 5 day period
    • Support of other murder groups such as DxE, FARM, etc.

They are a mockery to animal rights groups, and should just stop speaking out the side of their mouths in support of animal rights while simultaneously killing them by the tens of thousands.

We won't mention that they are on the German watchlist for "race hate groups" as well as being about 100k poorer from court fines. Got there for comparing the extermination camps like Auschwitz to chicken farms...A still rather touchy subject in Germany.

Not to mind being on the US Dept of Homeland security/FBI watch list as being more dangerous than Right-wing extremist groups like Aryan Nation.PETA has been known and linked to militant animal rights /eco groups like Animal Liberation Front and Earth Liberation Front. Both groups have strong ties and crossover with ANTIFA as well.

Strange that a "non-violent protest group" would need to produce a charming little book called "Arson around with Auntie Alf" Describing how to make incendiary bombs?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

FBuy3KV.jpg

• Advertisement

I thought this one was good given the nature of the gun control debate in the states.

attachment.php?attachmentid=277520&stc=1&d=1319068623
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,234 ✭✭✭✭Victor

^^^^

Neighbour has landmines.

What could be worse than being caught with a gun and no license.

Well.................. this:

52898388_10155710842581650_5036114222761639936_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub3-1.fna&oh=310733d11e22de3e4e82d42464fda3a1&oe=5CDDE587

Saw this a while ago and never posted.

It's a review of a hair removal product for men. This is an actual review by a customer on Amazon.

After having been told my danglies looked like an elderly rastafarian I decided to take the plunge and buy some of this as previous shaving attempts had only been mildly succesful and I nearly put my back out trying to reach the more difficult bits. Being a bit of a romantic I thought I would do the deed on the missus's birthday as a bit of a treat.

I ordered it well in advance and working in the North sea I considerd myself a bit above some of the characters writing the previous reviews and wrote them off as soft office types...oh my fellow sufferers how wrong I was. I waited until the other half was tucked up in bed and after giving some vague hints about a special surprise I went down to the bathroom. Initially all went well and I applied the gel and stood waiting for something to happen.

I didn't have long to wait. At first there was a gentle warmth which in a matter of seconds was replaced by an intense burning and a feeling I can only describe as like being given a barbed wire wedgie by two people intent on hitting the ceiling with my head. Religion hadn't featured much in my life until that night but I suddenly became willing to convert to any religion to stop the violent burning around the turd tunnel and what seemed like the destruction of the meat and two veg. Struggling to not bite through my bottom lip I tried to wash the gel of in the sink and only succeeded in blocking the plughole with a mat of hair. Through the haze of tears I struggled out of the bathroom across the hall into the kitchen by this time walking was not really possible and I crawled the final yard to the fridge in the hope of some form of cold relief. I yanked the freezer drawer out and found a tub of ice cream, tore the lid of and positioned it under me.

The relief was fantastic but only temporary as it melted fairly quickly and the fiery stabbing soon returned .Due to the shape of the ice cream tub I hadn't managed to give the starfish any treatment and I groped around in the drawer for something else as I was sure my vision was going to fail fairly soon.I grabbed a bag of what I later found out was frozen sprouts and tore it open trying to be quiet as I did so.I took a handful of them and tried in vain to clench some between the cheeks of my arse. This was not doing the trick as some of the gel had found it's way up the chutney channel and it felt like the space shuttle was running it's engines behind me. This was probably and hopefully the only time in my life I was going to wish there was a gay snowman in the kitchen which should give you some idea of the depths I was willing to sink to in order to ease the pain.

The only solution my pain crazed mind could come up with was to gently ease one of the sprouts where no veg had gone before. unfortunately, alerted by the strange grunts coming from the kitchen the other half chose that moment to come and investigate and was greeted by the sight of me, arse in the air, strawberry ice cream dripping from my bell end pushing a sprout up my arse while muttering..." Ooooh that feels good ". Understandably this was a shock to her and she let out a scream and as I hadn't heard her come in it caused an involutary spasm of shock in myself which resulted in the sprout being ejected at quite some speed in her direction. I can understand that having a sprout farted against your leg at 11 at night in the kitchen probably wasn't the special surprise she was expecting and having to explain to the kids the next day what the strange hollow in the ice cream was didn't improve my status...So to sum it up Veet removes hair, dignity and self respect...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Uinseann_16

Kavanaghs odd O/U , great video on the old Fenian guns
    https://www.rte.ie/archives/category/business/2018/1112/1010365-fenian-gun-company/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Lots of similarities to both the Bretton and the Darne.
    I wonder if he worked in France before hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭dc99

Saw this a while ago and never posted.

It's a review of a hair removal product for men. This is an actual review by a customer on Amazon.

There are loads of these actually on Amazon. Not just Veet either - do a google search for this type of review...some are better than others - all should give a laugh though!

2625_e4eb_500.jpeg

It's important to educate yourself on firearms. To that end someone, source unknown, thought it a good idea to break down the basics. Can you spot the mistake. Now it might take a while, it's subtle (can anyone sense my level of sarcasm, as i'm laying it on fairly thick)

56275953_10156270063382992_6891206719272124416_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub3-1.fna&oh=887d88f728a8bf5c14454d62930b97ed&oe=5D0687E9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Thats what happens when you get an intern or "first year arts" student to bang out a power-point slide on a subject neither they nor their employer have tbe faintest idea about :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

What a bunch of idiots. He showed great restraint. I hate 2nd amendment clowns like this trying to prove a point. Ok you have the right but why the **** are you doing it ? Thats what he wanted to know.

Im a firm believer in if you have the right to something it should not be infringed and if i were American i'd be a strong advocate of the 2nd amendment. However i'm not and because of growing up in Ireland with our gun laws i find some of the actions in videos i've watched a bit odd. While i understand they [civilian] are pushing their 2nd amendment rights and are well entitled to do so, i do cringe at some of them. One in particular made me think "WTF were they thinking". Two guys, armed, open carrying, wearing balaclavas, and they decide to enter a police station.

This is the only video i could find without too much bias from either side (kinda, but not really.............. ah just watch the video)

There is a line between 2nd amendment rights and just being stupid. As i said before we have to stop asking how stupid can some people be as some are taking it as a challenge.

Im a firm believer in if you have the right to something it should not be infringed and if i were American i'd be a strong advocate of the 2nd amendment. However i'm not and because of growing up in Ireland with our gun laws i find some of the actions in videos i've watched a bit odd. While i understand they [civilian] are pushing their 2nd amendment rights and are well entitled to do so, i do cringe at some of them. One in particular made me think "WTF were they thinking". Two guys, armed, open carrying, wearing balaclavas, and they decide to enter a police station.

This is the only video i could find without too much bias from either side (kinda, but not really.............. ah just watch the video)

There is a line between 2nd amendment rights and just being stupid. As i said before we have to stop asking how stupid can some people be as some are taking it as a challenge.

I had to see what happened these guys.

Jailed, i believe.

This is the difference between the states and say here. They believe the NRA is a toothless entity while the left scream the NRA is responsible for every gun related incident in the world. They believe walking into a cop shop, armed, and wearing face covering is perfectly fine as the law says they can do it where as we don't dare carry our rifles in our cars without it being locked, disassembled and essentially useless for fear of being stopped even though there is no law to say we have to.

My point is we [the Irish] always talk about writing letters, signing petitions, acting against the laws that restrict our already harshly governed sport even more and in the end it's even less than the 2% rule that do anything. We happily take any crap given to us. Well i won't say happily, but other than posting on a forum, making clever memes on facebook, twitter, etc. we do nothing, and get shafted anyway.

Don't get me wrong we're not the only country that do this but i'm less concerned with the gun laws elsewhere.

Not shooting related and it's not even about the poor sod falling into the water, but yer man's laugh. I'm laughing at it alone.

And yes the guy falling into the water is good too. :D

• Advertisement

Don't care if it's fake, it's funny.

Advertisement