Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bohermeen Half

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Looks like it might be quite windy but not seeing any weather that would lead to the race being cancelled.

Nationwide alert for snow. Hopefully wont happen

• Registered Users Posts: 15,319 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

How bad is traffic normally on the day?
    I have my number and shirt already so was planing on leaving around 9:15 (coming from south side of Dublin). Google says the trip should be 45 mins to an hour, safe enough?, anyone traveled to there before from south Co Dublin before have any advice?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Hopefully the weather wont affect the race but safety first. Driving from Clare in the morning hopefully wont be too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭doughef

Supercell wrote: »
    How bad is traffic normally on the day?
    I have my number and shirt already so was planing on arriving around 9:15 (coming from south side of Dublin). Google says the trip should be 45 mins to an hour, safe enough?, anyone traveled to there before from south Co Dublin before have any advice?

Arrive around 9.15?

I’m thinking of leaving the south side at that time.
    It’s only 45 mins ?

doughef wrote: »
    Arrive around 9.15?

I’m thinking of leaving the south side at that time.
    It’s only 45 mins ?

That should have been leaving, good to know others are planning around the same thanks.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

Can't see any info on toilets (presume they're in community HQ?) and water stations on any of the comms. Can anyone advise please?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭estariol

Rathcoffey was cancelled with a similar weather warning, info didn't get out in time to save me the drive. So hopefully if it does get cancelled the news will get out early.

The last time I did this the traffic was slow and the parking was a boggy field a kilometer or 2 from the start! I was planing on leaving dublin city centre around 8:45!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Not very scientific this. But I just looked out the window here in Dublin and it's grand.

Dub13 wrote: »
    Not very scientific this. But I just looked out the window here in Dublin and it's grand.

No wind either

Sitting in my car in the parking field being rocked by the wind, going to be a character builder for sure today!

• Advertisement

What a day to remember! A snow/hailstorm just before the start and I thought this is insanity, what the eff am i doing here?! Then, like Moses parting the waters, a miracle happened, the skies cleared, the sun came out and the wind died down.
    I set off conservatively as I have been getting over a cold and was afraid of bonking in the last few miles but the nicely undulating course was forgiving so upped my sped up pretty much every mile - my fastest one was my last one and set a PB!
    Sambo's in the hall afterwards, a medal for my kids to marvel at (daddy won again!) a fantastic day, thanks to the organizers, I'll be back next year!

Supercell wrote: »
    What a day to remember! A snow/hailstorm just before the start and I thought this is insanity, what the eff am i doing here?! Then, like Moses parting the waters, a miracle happened, the skies cleared, the sun came out and the wind died down.
    I set off conservatively as I have been getting over a cold and was afraid of bonking in the last few miles but the nicely undulating course was forgiving so upped my sped up pretty much every mile - my fastest one was my last one and set a PB!
    Sambo's in the hall afterwards, a medal for my kids to marvel at (daddy won again!) a fantastic day, thanks to the organizers, I'll be back next year!

Found the long stretch with wind against us tough, the last two k i struggled. Missed sub 140 by 21 secs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Mad weather altogether. Almost DNS because of it.

Too tired to say anything other than Bohermeen is the race that keeps on giving to me - I am delighted with my new PB for a second year in a row!

The winner of the race was a total gent of a man - cheered a group of us on as he lapped us on his home stretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭doughef

A great race !!

Like someone else has said., cowering in the clubhouse beforehand had me seriously doubting myself, as the snow blew in horizontally..

However the weather was beautiful- apart from the wind on the more open sections

Love the old school organisation too. Very friendly crew. They should be proud of their facilities - really nice clubhouse.

Soup at the end should be a staple - hit the spot perfectly.

Went ok - nowhere near a pb but we go again 😎

See you next year bohermeen

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Sheep1978

Great set up, great organisation and great spread after. Fair play to everyone involved with the race and club.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Once again a great race. Was doing too much chatting and running around afterwards to eat as much as I normally would. Nothing negative to be said at all...everything that club races should be. Congrats to all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

They also do a great 5k there..... looking fwd to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭pc11

Jesus, the wind! I was flying till 14k and then I stopped for a pee and couldn't get back to the pacer group and the wind just killed me. The last 5k were just torture.

I threw my gloves in over the fence at the community centre at then end of the first lap but they had disappeared when I got back. Any chance somebody picked them up? They are black Kalenji gloves with a black headband tucked inside them. Long shot I know!

Advertisement