Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CNN Reporter "assaults" White House intern

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭2 Scoops

So you're fully ok with them lying about the reason he is banned and falsely accusing him of assault because he is a pain in Trump's ass?

I'm about OK with Acosta getting suspended as you are with Acosta shouting things about Otto Warmbier during the signing of the US + NK agreement when the two countries are trying to broker a peace deal. He should have been disciplined earlier, he was warned multiple times and his stunt yesterday was the straw that broke the camel back. The fact they used his confrontation with the girl to do it is meaningless. That's how things operate in any work place, you get a warning and if the behavior repeats you get suspended. Acosta was previous told by sanders during a bill signing they'd be no open press questions but they're allowed to view it. What did little Jimmy do? He started shouting questions at Trump during the signing, he was the only one.

Let me ask you a question for a change, why is Acosta THE ONLY ONE out of probably 100 journalists with access who gets into these type of scenarios? Is it because he's seeking some sort of shining beacon of truth or is it because he's behaving like an activist and trying to draw as much attention to himself as possible. When you figure it out let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

He's the most prominent person to end up in those positions but he's not the only one.... Trump doesn't go a day without mocking or attacking a member of the press corp.

batgoat wrote: »
    He's the most prominent person to end up in those positions but he's not the only one.... Trump doesn't go a day without mocking or attacking a member of the press corp.

It's only him who gathers this type of attention, there's literally nobody else in the press pool that behaves in the manner he does.

Meet the real Jim Acosta, after shouting questions at Trump and Kim from far away which he knows can't be answered, he lets it slip on a hot mic that he knows he's acting inappropriately and that he might not be allowed into the actual signing as a result. It's a show, and you're his willing audience.

https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/1060351509580283905?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1060351509580283905&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.boards.ie%2Fvbulletin%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D2057927234%26page%3D9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

It's odd how some people think "that CNN reporter is a jerk" is the real story and not the white house putting out a lie contradicted by video evidence.

2 Scoops wrote: »
    Acosta's access wasn't suspended for brushing that girls arm,

Wrong!

https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/1060333176252448768

• Registered Users Posts: 8,266 ✭✭✭AllForIt

That woman was so so rude grabbing the mic off him like that. One passes the mic over you don't grab it off them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,434 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

This was not an assault.

And that is a total lie by the Press Secretary.

The debasement of a once great office is almost complete.

Trumptards.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Jim Acosta has turned full cray-cray since Trump was elected. He is unhinged, with mental health issues

Trumptards.

How's WW3 with NK getting along, one of your many outstanding predictions?

Sorry to interrupt your scheduled broadcasting watch. I'll let you get back to it.

76m0UIJ.png

He is unhinged, with mental health issues

I don't think he does, he's smart and knows exactly what he's doing. "Le Resistance" eat it up like useful idiots. Good for CNN's viewership and good for his own ego.

How's WW3 with NK getting along, one of your many outstanding predictions?

Sorry to interrupt your scheduled broadcasting watch.

what-you-talkin-bout-willis-memegeneraterne-8020592.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

Look at all the lefty SJW in uproar hahahahahahaha

When you start threads about Russian hackers infiltrating boards.ie or the North Korea thread where you alluded doomsday was among us because WW3 was about to break out between Trump and NK the ring of irony in my mind goes off very loud when you decide to call people "Trumptards".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

what-you-talkin-bout-willis-memegeneraterne-8020592.png

Its the latest thing among hardcore Trumpers; they pretend that everyone who criticizes the Orange One is actually a background character in a game who just repeats a few stock phrases over and over again.

The irony of trying to accuse other people of a lack of originality or independent thought by endlessly parroting something they heard about on reddit/4chan appears to have completely escaped them.

When you start threads about Russian hackers infiltrating boards.ie

Eh, you do know what sarcasm is, right?
    or the North Korea thread where you alluded doomsday was among us because WW3 was about to break out between Trump and NK the ring of irony in my mind goes off very loud when you decide to call people "Trumptards".

Quotes or GTFO.

:rolleyes:

Never mind, let's not derail the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

You must hold Trump in incredibly low regard if you classify Acosta as 'a rude, ignorant and vile man'... :rolleyes:

Of course not, that loyal subject will never question Dear Leader no matter what.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

B0jangles wrote: »
    Its the latest thing among hardcore Trumpers; they pretend that everyone who criticizes the Orange One is actually a background character in a game who just repeats a few stock phrases over and over again.

The irony of trying to accuse other people of a lack of originality or independent thought by endlessly parroting something they heard about on reddit/4chan appears to have completely escaped them.

And calling people Trumpers, Trumptards and calling Trump the Orange One.

Is the other side of reddit/twitter who lack the irony or independent thought.

And calling people Trumpers, Trumptards and calling Trump the Orange One.

Is the other side of reddit/twitter who lack the irony or independent thought.

I actually have huge issues with anyone attaching "tard" to any word. It's a term that I'd prefer dropped out of use.

In relation to "Trumpers", not remotely similar or of note. "The Orange one", it's a pretty fair descriptor of his overuse of fake tan... I think most with any decency would have a problem with the "Trumptard" term but not so much the others. There's also plenty of completely legitimate criticisms coming out in relation to the administration including this incident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

But if people called Obama the black one the world would implode.

tretorn wrote: »

Pretty sure Trump's fake tan doesn't relate to race in the slightest... You realise this, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

I actually have huge issues with anyone attaching "tard" to any word. It's a term that I'd prefer dropped out of use.

In relation to "Trumpers", not remotely similar or of note. "The Orange one", it's a pretty fair descriptor of his overuse of fake tan... I think most with any decency would have a problem with the "Trumptard" term but not so much the others. There's also plenty of completely legitimate criticisms coming out in relation to the administration including this incident.

Your huge issue with the word is because of your self righteous and self appointment champion of minorities that your blinded to your bigotry of the majority.

• Advertisement

Pretty sure Trump's fake tan doesn't relate to race in the slightest... You realise this, right?

Trumps fake tan is his own business and referring to him as the orange one is as insulting as referring to Obama as the black one.

Referring to his hair is equally rude, imagine if men laughed at Merkels hair or Hillary’s, that would be a capital offence%

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Not even remotely equivalent, ridiculous comment.
    In saying that there is plenty to criticise Trump about, I would agree his appearance shouldn't come into it.
    But comparing that to a racist insult about colour...no comparison

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

All things considered youve got to love trump. A journalist asks him legit questions and he ****s him out of the white house.

Brilliant stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

seriously....
    Irish people who are vocal about being "against trump" are pathetic.
    why like? i dont get how Trump being president of a different country thousands of miles away affects you in the slightest?

where are all the lesbian feminists to give out and take the side of the battered woman in this case?? eh?

god, irish people under 30 are very depressing these days.

Like it or not he's the de facto leader of the free world. US foreign policy dictates around 30 other foreign policies at least indirectly. Now that is a depressing thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Trumps fake tan is his own business and referring to him as the orange one is as insulting as referring to Obama as the black one.

Referring to his hair is equally rude, imagine if men laughed at Merkels hair or Hillary’s, that would be a capital offence%
    What the f*ck are you talking about?

Why is it racist to describe someone as black.

Are you supposed to say the person who isn’t white( or orange)

Obama is the black one if Trump is the orange one, same standards of civility apply to both.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

It’s a pity they didn’t add everybody is kungfu fighting to that clip…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 mikhail gorbachev2

looked like a karate chop to me

Your huge issue with the word is because of your self righteous and self appointment champion of minorities that your blinded to your bigotry of the majority.

So I agreed with you but now you're outraged because I have a problem with the use of a derogatory term for those with special needs? Grow up sir and stop feeling so hard done by...

• Advertisement

pretty troublesome that mods havent changed the title of this thread tbh

Advertisement