Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Most useless/wastelful thing every bought

• 22-07-2019 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Similar to thethread

"do we have too much stuff", https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057998168

whats the most useless thing you ever bought. thread may serve as a warning to avoid a particular product/service.

For me, i got a playstation classic recently. 5 minutes of playing and realised its a load of junk. feel guilty about the effort gone into producing it before i stuck it in the bin.

Comments

Surfboard, snapped in half after a week. A few hundred bob laid to waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Surfboard, snapped in half after a week. A few hundred bob laid to waste.
    ...The shark has the other half?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

Hand held vacuum cleaner for €80. Absolutely useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Girl_harbour

my car, never once used it :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Blaizes

My little pony castle, a huge expensive piece of plastic junk that had to be built then kept falling apart. Never again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Sky subscription

...The shark has the other half?

He put it up for auction on eBay. Not one bite.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

TCM wrote: »

It's just gathering dust...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,223 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Was part of a syndicate several years ago. We bought a load of e-voting machines. Next bright idea was the most expensive children’s hospital in the history of the universe...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

€3 flip flops from Dunnes. It’s like walking on sponges. But at least they were only €3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Gopro. I used it on Holiday and now its just sitting on the shelf. I tried selling it in Cex but apparently the battery is bolloxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

An expensive watch that I didn't like once I put it on.
    Couldn't return as I had broken the seal on the packaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

internet subscription.

The sheer waste of time, wait 'till I tell you what I saw last night..........................

• Registered Users Posts: 30,150 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We both a little mini oven a few years ago on sale and it's great. It's small and cooks things faster smd is more economical than our regular over.

I suppose I bought a PlayStation two and I never really played it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Not me personally but I know a few guys who bought these e-voting machines for €54million

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/54m-voting-machines-scrapped-for-9-each-26870212.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

A racehorse. Absolute black hole for money, and the I’d have jumped better myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Blaizes wrote: »
    My little pony castle, a huge expensive piece of plastic junk that had to be built then kept falling apart. Never again.

Are you a Brony? Or was it for a kid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Blaizes

Wheety wrote: »
    Are you a Brony? Or was it for a kid?

Had to google that lol! Adults who like my little pony for those who don’t know what a brony is! World gone mad.

No castle was for my daughter.

A hand held garment steamer, by the time you'd get a decent result from it you'd have driven to the cleaners and waited the four hours and driven home again. In the end I got a steamer that gets to a decent temperature and has a decent tank and a stand to hang the stuff on while it's being steamed and it makes things look like they're just out of the dry cleaners.

Hair gadgets like straighteners and wands were a waste of money. They make very little difference to how my hair looks other than making it like straw from the heat.

I bought a stand mixer, used it twice. It's still faster and easier to use elbow grease or the small handheld egg-beaters. Gave it to my cousins gf and she loves it, so it's probably just me on that one.

I bought my chap a bean-to-cup coffee maker and he can't be bothered with any of it when the option is there to just put a capsule in another machine and switch it on. I'm sure some people would love it but for most coffee drinkers a Keurig/Nespresso is probably the easier route. It was an absolute fortune too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Blaizes wrote: »
    Had to google that lol! Adults who like my little pony for those who don’t know what a brony is! World gone mad.

No castle was for my daughter.
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

A racehorse. Absolute black hole for money, and the I’d have jumped better myself.

Sounds like the lad who sold you that took you for a ride.....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I got a huge backlog of games that I buy off sales but never play... useless purchases I suppose. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭rgmmg

Condoms when I was a teenager

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

My sister talked me into buying a horrible pair of green trousers for £55 and I've never worn them, but I don't think I could've returned them since I got them in England. :(
    I also bought two pairs of trousers for €30 each (I think?) which were a horrible fit. One was okay I thought, but they're a bit baggy and now I feel stupid wearing them, and the other pair (exact same size, different colour) is even worse despite both being my size and had I gone a size smaller I doubt they'd have fit.

I have an odd habit of buying similar clothes to what I have with small variations, and I stop myself when I notice, but at least I'll bleedin' wear those :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

A juicer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 G Shock

Golf clubs.
    I've never played Golf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭FFred

TCM wrote: »
    What an awful sucker ...

(Not you, the machine)
    Titter...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

rgmmg wrote: »
    Condoms when I was a teenager

You might still get to use them?

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭rgmmg

topper75 wrote: »
    You might still get to use them?

They went past the use by date

• Advertisement