Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Press archives 1970s

• 08-07-2019 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭

Folks

Where might I find Sunday Press archives, particularly photos, from the Sunday Press of the early 1970s?

Happy to pay for the photo I want if it can be located.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

The Irish News Archive has the Irish Press - does that include the Sunday Press or was it a different company?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,102 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It must be a different company. The Sunday papers are not available that I can see.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Looks like the National Library has it: http://www.nli.ie/en/NewspapersDetails.aspx?IndexNo=1384
    Microfilm and hard copy.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The INA have said the Sunday and Evening Press will be added. But at an undefined date!

Advertisement