Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firestick general discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,861 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

dinneenp wrote:
    Any idea why & how to fix?

Try unpairing the remote and then pairing again. Google "how to unpair Firestick remote control" & you will see a walk through. Hopefully this will resolve the issue

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭captainshamroc

Apologies if discussed anywhere else but I haven't seen it.
    I lost access to my Prime video at the start of the year. I had a location issue once before and customer service reset it for me and all good but this was around Brexit time so suspicious
    I finally got on to Amazon support today and as suspected it's Brexit. Its location based no matter where my account and credit card are registered.
    Primevideo.com was their suggestion but it only works through a browser which I couldn't be bothered with on the firestick when I have netflix and Disney in 1 click
    Has anyone found a way around it? Thinking of cancelling my Prime membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,700 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Apologies if discussed anywhere else but I haven't seen it.
    I lost access to my Prime video at the start of the year. I had a location issue once before and customer service reset it for me and all good but this was around Brexit time so suspicious
    I finally got on to Amazon support today and as suspected it's Brexit. Its location based no matter where my account and credit card are registered.
    Primevideo.com was their suggestion but it only works through a browser which I couldn't be bothered with on the firestick when I have netflix and Disney in 1 click
    Has anyone found a way around it? Thinking of cancelling my Prime membership.

Assuming your Prime account has been switched to Ireland from the UK, there's a Prime app for Android TVs you can install which works with Irish Prime:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115029051&postcount=303

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭captainshamroc

loyatemu wrote: »
    Assuming your Prime account has been switched to Ireland from the UK, there's a Prime app for Android TVs you can install which works with Irish Prime:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115029051&postcount=303

Cheers. I'll give that a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,671 ✭✭✭ablelocks

i have keepsolid on my firestick. It's worked for a couple of days with prime uk account, but now I'm getting the vpn error message when i try to watch something.

is there a way to solve this or do i need a different vpn for the firestick?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,861 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

ablelocks wrote:

They block VPNs from time to time. I'm not sure what ones are working right now. Express vpn was a few weeks ago according to a poster.

Smart dns is cheaper and more reliable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

ablelocks wrote: »
    i have keepsolid on my firestick. It's worked for a couple of days with prime uk account, but now I'm getting the vpn error message when i try to watch something.

I've always found ExpressVPN to be the only one that eventually gets around everything - Netflix, Tubi, Peacock, Crackle, ESPN+, Hulu etc. It's not cheap but all the others I've tried either didn't work or ended up getting caught and blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭dougm1970

expressvpn mediaserver dns works

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭boardtc

boardtc wrote: »
    I have the TG4 app sideloaded on the firestick and it worked fine. I could not find Cúl4Scoil on it and wanted to make sure I had the latest version.

I found https://github.com/rumboalla/apkupdater which seemed a handy way of checking for sideloaded app updates.

apkupdater said both RTE and TG4 had updates so I updated both via this app. Now when I go into TG4 or RTE players they do not load :mad:

How have others got on updating side loaded apps?

I tried the version of RTE player from m.apkpure and it does not work. What version of rte player and TG4 player do people have working on the firestick and where can I download them please?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IrlJidel

boardtc wrote: »
    I tried the version of RTE player from m.apkpure and it does not work. What version of rte player and TG4 player do people have working on the firestick and where can I download them please?

You don't need to sideload TG4 - it's in the Appstore and since update in Nov works perfect. For rte - use tanyas filelinked store linked in OP sticky - doesnt have live tv but has 0 ads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,384 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Anyone have issues with ITVHUB and endless advert loops? STV seems to be better for the ads but Tanya's version is more an android version that requires mouse toggle

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Trevord

IrlJidel wrote: »
    You don't need to sideload TG4 - it's in the Appstore and since update in Nov works perfect. For rte - use tanyas filelinked store linked in OP sticky - doesnt have live tv but has 0 ads

and that no ads RTE player actually works so well that you can actually rely on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Trevord

Bad news for anyone who has been using NBCSN app. Seems NBCSN will be shut down later this year.

https://twitter.com/Ourand_SBJ/status/1352700248800579588?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I signed up for s sport plus last night . It's an official premier league ,ufc, f1 , nba , la liga, bundles liga, moto gp, nfl broadcaster in Turkey. It's 17.99 turkish lira a month or about 2 euro a month.

App is in turkish but you can figure out what buttons to press. Seems to offer english commentary and turkish.

Showing mcgregor tonight so will see how it is then.

https://www.ssportplus.com/

I had to sign up through app.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    I signed up for s sport plus last night . It's an official premier league ,ufc, f1 , nba , la liga, bundles liga, moto gp, nfl broadcaster in Turkey. It's 17.99 turkish lira a month or about 2 euro a month.

App is in turkish but you can figure out what buttons to press. Seems to offer english commentary and turkish.

I get the Turkish s sports on sateliite :) all eng commentry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭dougm1970

IrlJidel wrote: »

watched a great jim driscoll (boxer) doc on the tg4 app....only shame is it doesnt have subtitles option

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

When is the update/facelift coming?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Have you watched anything on it this afternoon?

The fight looks to cost extra. Tho my Turkish isn't great....

Have you watched anything on it this afternoon?

The fight looks to cost extra. Tho my Turkish isn't great....

It doesn't cost extra. If you can sign up on the website and use code UFC57 at the checkout the price drops to 9.99 or €1.11 for the first month

Yeah I've been looking at bits and pieces throughout the day. Great the way you can go and look at old fights or old games.

Is there a native app for firestick?

• Advertisement

TheDriver wrote: »
    Is there a native app for firestick?

Apk is available on apkpure.

https://apkpure.com/s-sport-plus/com.ssportplus.dice

It works fine on firestick.

It doesn't cost extra. If you can sign up on the website and use code UFC57 at the checkout the price drops to 9.99 or €1.11 for the first month

Yeah I've been looking at bits and pieces throughout the day. Great the way you can go and look at old fights or old games.

Thanks for this. I use elevensports Poland for the Bundesliga, but this seems to carry more.
    Did you use a VPN signing up?

Thanks for this. I use elevensports Poland for the Bundesliga, but this seems to carry more.
    Did you use a VPN signing up?

Surfshark yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Surfshark yes.

Is that a decent one to use?

Surfshark yes.

Last question sorry...... What card you use? Struggling with revolut

Last question sorry...... What card you use? Struggling with revolut

Revolut through the app on phone but it went through Google play.

Do u need a VPN to watch or just to sign up

Watch they don't have any offerings over here like netflix/tidal/youtube.

Revolut through the app on phone but it went through Google play.

Brilliant! In the words of my daughter.....TYSM

• Advertisement

works fine with Keepsolid. Always offers on that VPN posted here

Nord seems ok too

Advertisement