Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Firestick general discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

tonc76 wrote: »

Ye that's the deal I got,very good and the cheapest it will be got for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

currys is the same price and quicker delivery btw

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭jolter

Can anyone tell me if I can purchase the 4k firestick anywhere in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

jolter wrote: »

currys

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭jolter

Just spotted that the firestick 4k is available from currys can anyone tell me if there available instore or is it online with home delivery only

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,812 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Just spotted that the firestick 4k is available from currys can anyone tell me if there available instore or is it online with home delivery only
    Its all listed on their website. Have a look :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Folks.. I mentioned on here a few weeks ago that my regular stick keeps dropping the WiFi signal.. Some connection cable was recommended to me

What do I need?? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Folks.. I mentioned on here a few weeks ago that my regular stuck keeps dropping the WiFi signal.. Some connection cable was recommended to me

What do I need?? Thanks in advance

Amazon Ethernet Adaptor for Fire... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LXP5TXI?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Properly been asked before, cant seem to get Nowtv on my Firestick, use the downloader with online links, downloads fails to install.

I couldn't get it working on firestick.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

TheDriver wrote: »
    I couldn't get it working on firestick.
    Can't be done unfortunately.

• Advertisement

I see YouTube kids has been officially added. Used to have to use Tanya to install it previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

Any link to live rte app?

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

devil-80 wrote: »
    Any link to live rte app?

https://www.joujoujou.com/images/rte.apk

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭padjocollins

rte player not working on my hisense tv since this morning . i reinstalled the joujoujou rte apk on the firestick but like earlier the player tries to play a program but comes up with a dialog box that says retry_dialog, test_rery and then two buttons for exit and retry. Anyone got similar experiences or better a remedy ? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Bailey43

Argos got one last week

• Registered Users Posts: 28,783 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Bailey43 wrote: »
    Argos got one last week

seemed to be still in stock in some stores over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

You could also buy in UK and use Fastway's ParcelConnect service to re-route to Irish address https://www.parcelconnect.ie/virtual-address/

It's generally been reliable except for one god awful experience during the initial lockdown but Amazon just shipped it again

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭padjocollins

rte player not working on my hisense tv since this morning . i reinstalled the joujoujou rte apk on the firestick but like earlier the player tries to play a program but comes up with a dialog box that says retry_dialog, test_rery and then two buttons for exit and retry. Anyone got similar experiences or better a remedy ? thanks

i deleted the data and cache and it worked again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Some posted a link about an app for firestick that sorts out quite a few annoying things like installing google play etc.

Cant seem to find it. Anyone has that? Not the troypoint one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭jgbyr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,640 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Do I use my amazon account on it?
    Yes you can and if you have prime, you get the benefits of prime. However US customers seem to get a lot more free via IMDB TV etc. You could set up a new amazon account with a US address solely for this purpose. Couple this with a VPN, your stick can give you a lot more options. However your UK prime account is then not available
    Hi Driver, or anyone who knows...

If you register your firestick with a UK prime account is it possible to sideload IMDBtv? Or does it recognise the prime account on the stick?

Just got a second stick and ideally I'd just use our UK prime account this time, but I'm wondering what we'd miss out on

Hi Driver, or anyone who knows...

If you register your firestick with a UK prime account is it possible to sideload IMDBtv? Or does it recognise the prime account on the stick?

Just got a second stick and ideally I'd just use our UK prime account this time, but I'm wondering what we'd miss out on

i couldn' t find it as an app, it seems an inbuilt part of the dashboard for the US hence why I setup the stick with a US account

• Registered Users Posts: 10,640 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

i couldn' t find it as an app, it seems an inbuilt part of the dashboard for the US hence why I setup the stick with a US account
    Ah cool, thanks - I'll stick with that then

Makes it ironic that the only thing that doesn't work is amazon prime, and we have to chromecast that :p

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Prime Video works fine as long as you use the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

jgbyr wrote: »

You can also just install the Apps2Fire app on your Android phone, then side load onto the Firestick, over WiFi.

... Nice and easy :-)

Also, for anyone that breaks or loses their remote Control, there's a handy app called Amazon FireTV that allows you to use your android phone, as the remote.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,716 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

garrettod wrote: »

Also, for anyone that breaks or loses their remote Control, there's a handy app called Amazon FireTV that allows you to use your android phone, as the remote.

it's also dead useful for typing in passwords or copying long URLs into Firefox etc (although if you have a Firefox account you can also send tabs from your phone or laptop to FF on the FireStick)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Does anyone know how to get the rte live stream working? I got a rte app working through tanyas filelinked but i cant see the live stream option.

Edit: I'm using 4k firestick and i'm new to them..

Wetbench4 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to get the rte live stream working? I got a rte app working through tanyas filelinked but i cant see the live stream option.

Edit: I'm using 4k firestick and i'm new to them..

There's no livestream on that version. You can install the other (newer) app using downloader and looking for the RTE apk but you have to use mousetoggle with it which can be a pain.
    both rte apps can coexist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

There's no livestream on that version. You can install the other (newer) app using downloader and looking for the RTE apk but you have to use mousetoggle with it which can be a pain.
    both rte apps can coexist

Thanks.. Do you know which version of the apk? I tried v3.0.4 mentioned on 1st post but when i start it, it says app needs to update to work, and i can't get past that..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

anyone know where i can get the virgin media app for the firestick -havent playstore

Advertisement