Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All ye oul wans and oul fellas out there! Wakey wakey, rise and shine!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Ramette wrote: »
    Cheap Thrills do you not know that us golden oldies are gone to bed by 10?:P

lol oh dear, sorry about that...I do get so confused with these new fangled 24 hour clocks....

I hardly slept a wink last night, a paltry 12 hours again.............zzzzz

That breakfast was lovely :p

*rattles teacup expectantly at the mention of cake* :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Ive got out the good china as its Sunday ;)

afternoontea460.jpg

give slave to grind a nudge wilya? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Dont let him near that good china! :eek: You know what hes like when he wakes up after a pint. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

FECK!

ARSE!

...oh sorry! bad dream.....mmmmmm cakes!

thank ye kindly

ooohh, I do like a nice viennese whirl !!

*passes biccies around*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭cml387

Ah, Mr Kipling.

Where would we be without his cakes.

And his poetry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

any chance of a small glass of sherry?

Here's a glass of Amontillado

"The Irish sherry,the one for me"

lovely.... carefully puts sherry glass down at side of table and takes up knitting needles *clickety clack, clickety clack**

what time does the bingo start?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Flip me, it's like the wild west in Smithfield market this afternoon....guns and stuff....:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

evening all :)

Any chance of some tea and sandwiches?

I've had a cold for weeks now and am so fed up being sick.. :(

Great to see the new forum taking off..

Ah, there ye are luv!

Sit down, outta that. I'll get the kettle on...now ham or cheese?

*pats chintzy sofa*

A hot toddy might help for the cold foxisox...

HotWhiskeyForPost.jpg

Ah, there ye are luv!

Sit down, outta that. I'll get the kettle on...now ham or cheese?

*pats chintzy sofa*

Thanks, dear..

*nice sofa*

I'd eat anything, haven't had the energy to go shopping, have never been this sick before, every time I think my cold is clearing up..
    BANG! Full power mode cold returns with avengence..

I am currently swigging Metatone (a tonic) not to be confused with Methadone (replacement for heroin) from the bottle three times a day, it seems to be helping slightly..

**serves foxinasox a bowl of steaming hot chicken soup** :)

Aw! Poor FoxInSox !

I can hardly see you there behind that huge bowl of soup, bumper sized hot toddy and mountain of cheese and ham sangers!!!

Get well soon :D

^ cheers thanks folks :)

I really wish one of the young wans would invent "virtual food" or whatever they would call it..

Now that would be a newfangled invention that would be useful :)

Browsing through the cooking section, choose a dish and Bazam it appears on your table with a suitable wine with it..

foxinsox wrote: »
    Thanks, dear..

*nice sofa*

I'd eat anything, haven't had the energy to go shopping, have never been this sick before, every time I think my cold is clearing up..
    BANG! Full power mode cold returns with avengence..

I am currently swigging Metatone (a tonic) not to be confused with Methadone (replacement for heroin) from the bottle three times a day, it seems to be helping slightly..

Had that earlier in the year.Cleared up eventually.

What you need is a huge bowl of bread and butter puddin with cinnamon and extra raisins.

This should cure what ails you Foxinsox.
    To cure a cold, boil together hazel-buds, dandelion, chickweed, wood sorrel and oatmeal, and drink the mixture morning and evening

And if anyone needs help with a toothache....

Toothaches can be avoided by never shaving on Sunday. In the case of an existing toothache, rubbing the tooth of a dead horse over the jaw lessens the pain....apparently :eek::D

• Advertisement

To cure a cold

Ingredients

A bottle of whiskey
    A hat
    A four poster bed

Method

Go to bed and place the hat on the left hand post of the bed
    Drink the whiskey until the hat moves to the right hand post of its own accord

At this point you are no longer suffering from a cold

chucken1 wrote: »
    This should cure what ails you Foxinsox.
    To cure a cold, boil together hazel-buds, dandelion, chickweed, wood sorrel and oatmeal, and drink the mixture morning and evening

And if anyone needs help with a toothache....

Toothaches can be avoided by never shaving on Sunday. In the case of an existing toothache, rubbing the tooth of a dead horse over the jaw lessens the pain....apparently :eek::D

Not all of us have a horse outside.
    (Hat coat etc.)

you made me drop a stitch with the laughing... sigh.. now i have to undo the last twenty rows of knitting...
    **shuffles to kitchen to boil kettle**
    tea anyone?

None for me Ramette thanks. Himself is taking me out for an hour. Bless him :). Be nice to sit in the snug with a 7up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Just been browsing the oul jukebox thread and I have to say that it depresses me a bit.
    Now admittadly there are some crackingly good bits of music there but my music apprication didn't start and end last centuary. Am I not allowed to enjoy current music too?
    Anyone looking into the forum sees us as stagnated and locked into the past. I hope that this trend is a shortlived one and that we show ourselves to still ve intouch with current trends and styleings (even though most of it is just noise thesedays and no one writes nice singalongs anymore ;) )

Has anyone told Dr.Bollocko that we stole his classic rock record collection?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,012 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Oldgoat, of course you can enjoy new music but you can do that anywhere on boards and with a much more informed response than you will get here. It would be much more difficult to sentimentalise about The Seekers on another forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Ahh but the beauty of this forum is that we get to critise new music with our aged hindsight.
    We can listen (once is enough) to the new release by Noah and the Whale and instantly consign it to the wastebin of 'Crappy Popmusic' while the youff rant about it being cool and hip or whatever the current vernacular is. We can play the 'Back in our day' card which trumps all arguments. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Evening all...:)

Anyone fancy a bit of finger food?

finger-food.jpg

ah you see now that is waaay too fancy and modern for this forum, we only want chips and cocktail sausages/scampi in a basket :) sure my digestion isnt what it used to be, all that fancy spice and sauce would give me awful heartburn!

though i was thinking of cooking bacon and greasy cabbage and spuds for dinner... any takers?

• Advertisement

Ive just polished off the beef stew and dumplings so give me half an hour to rest, I'll go dig out the tracksuit bottoms with the elastic waist and I'll be right with ya :D

evening all:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement