Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's hear your Music !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Neurojazz wrote: »
    Is it me, or are the guitars that come in on the chorus way too loud... they realy leap out (not on headphones) - i suppose the youtube encoding isn't helping here, but there's a really annoying frequency going on with it - is there a higher stream of it somewhere?

They have it on their MySpace, I'm not sure it's a whole lot better though.

Here's a better version;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mjx_GjyXCs4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

LoL, that's pretty bad - murdered - and people still clap ;),
    But, it hasn't made the guitars in your version any quieter during the chorus ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭harmacist

Can throw my hat/self in the ring/to the Lions?

http://www.myspace.com/sunshear1

Cheers!

harmacist wrote: »
    Can throw my hat/self in the ring/to the Lions?

http://www.myspace.com/sunshear1

Cheers!

I like it ! Particularly Saviourself.

I'd have you working a bit harder on the vocals but all the important shizit is there - well done.

I'd like to work with you.

Did you send T.K. into Paul McAloon?

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    I like it ! Particularly Saviourself.

I'd have you working a bit harder on the vocals but all the important shizit is there - well done.

I'd like to work with you.

Did you send T.K. into Paul McAloon?

Hey thanks! I'm not sure if I could afford you kids though!

I work with a wee Br1180 at home.

Who's Paul McAloon btw? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭paulg1770

heres some stuff i recorded on a br1200 if any rory gallagher fans want to have a listin

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=155093672

Im a bit of a one man band with no fans!!

paulg1770 wrote: »
    heres some stuff i recorded on a br1200 if any rory gallagher fans want to have a listin

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=155093672

Im a bit of a one man band with no fans!!

Singer with the Undertones and Today FM DJ.

"D'oh" springs to mind!

Must send a copy in with a box of tasty chocolate bribes!

Thanks

what? did i miss something

Is that you?

• Advertisement

I think Mr Brewer was answering my question but quoted your post by mistake!

I think Mr Brewer was answering my question but quoted your post by mistake!

Indeed I did ... Sorry!

Hey thanks! I'm not sure if I could afford you kids though!

I work with a wee Br1180 at home.

Who's Paul McAloon btw? :confused:

No prob, I was listening to your br1180 recordings there quite clear, I have serious difficulty with my br1200 Trying to eradicate background hum even though the room is totally silent, especially when recording acoustic, i dont suppose have you any tips?
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 16 badger06

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

http://www.spiralking-music.com/releases/sk0001.asp

That's my first release, absolute filthy mix, probably blown, probably too loud, probably contains many, many errors and.... out to the distro on time :) - gotta love deadlines :)

Next tracks will be cleaner i promise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Going for a before and after here! This is me and Ditch Cassidy on my cruddy Dell and Cubase Essential set up. The drums and keys are from the set that comes with Cubase with the keys being processed by Line 6's plug in to make them a bit more authentic.

Guitars and vocals also through the Line 6.

Waiting on a Macbook Pro and Logic Studio. Will post up the results then!

Ditch Cassidy and Thomas Brunkard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

Going for a before and after here! This is me and Ditch Cassidy on my cruddy Dell and Cubase Essential set up. The drums and keys are from the set that comes with Cubase with the keys being processed by Line 6's plug in to make them a bit more authentic.

Guitars and vocals also through the Line 6.

Waiting on a Macbook Pro and Logic Studio. Will post up the results then!

Ditch Cassidy and Thomas Brunkard

Very nice amigo, I play the blues it rocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

http://www.myspace.com/pictureland

Well, here goes – nothing ventured... this is the music for a song I wrote. It was all done in my home studio. It’s my first attempt at recording full composition (if that’s the right word!) All tracked/mixed in what used to be half of my garden shed.

It’s just me playing acoustic drums, acoustic & electric guitar, and electric bass (all just DI’ed to the rack). I’m also playing various virtual synths via an Axiom 61.

All running through a Digi 003 rack, a Behringer 8 channel pre-amp (for drums). Processed on an iMac. The room is treated (as well as I can) for recording drums, but I’m still not too happy with the drum sound. There are no samples/overdubs on any of the real instruments.

I’ve left out my dodgy vocals (that just wouldn’t be fair to you lot) but would like to hear comments on the mix/sound of the music.

Before I get slated, I’m a basically an average drummer who also plays a bit of guitar, less keyboard and even less bass. So don’t expect virtuoso playing. Or mixing. Or anything else for that matter…

ZV Yoda wrote: »
    http://www.myspace.com/pictureland

Well, here goes – nothing ventured... this is the music for a song I wrote. It was all done in my home studio. It’s my first attempt at recording full composition (if that’s the right word!) All tracked/mixed in what used to be half of my garden shed.

It’s just me playing acoustic drums, acoustic & electric guitar, and electric bass (all just DI’ed to the rack). I’m also playing various virtual synths via an Axiom 61.

All running through a Digi 003 rack, a Behringer 8 channel pre-amp (for drums). Processed on an iMac. The room is treated (as well as I can) for recording drums, but I’m still not too happy with the drum sound. There are no samples/overdubs on any of the real instruments.

I’ve left out my dodgy vocals (that just wouldn’t be fair to you lot) but would like to hear comments on the mix/sound of the music.

Before I get slated, I’m a basically an average drummer who also plays a bit of guitar, less keyboard and even less bass. So don’t expect virtuoso playing. Or mixing. Or anything else for that matter…

Good 'Try' !

Not too bad at all, obviously needs the vocals to make it add up and does sound very 'demo-ie' but all the important stuff is there. Well done.

Cheers Paul... agree with your demo comment & am realistic enough to know it'll never be Abbey Road.

Any obvious things I could do to improve it & "un-demo" the overall sound? I assume the drum sound will have the biggest impact here (since there’s no room sound on anything else)

What about the guitars?... I did post previously about DI vs. micing on the acoustic guitar. I will go back & try the micing approach to see how that sounds (or blend both)

I'm open to constructive criticism here folks... would love any feedback. I won't get upset. I wouldn't be asking if I thought I knew it all :)

• Advertisement

Cheers Paul... agree with your demo comment & am realistic enough to know it'll never be Abbey Road.

Any obvious things I could do to improve it & "un-demo" the overall sound? I assume the drum sound will have the biggest impact here (since there’s no room sound on anything else)

What about the guitars?... I did post previously about DI vs. micing on the acoustic guitar. I will go back & try the micing approach to see how that sounds (or blend both)

I'm open to constructive criticism here folks... would love any feedback. I won't get upset. I wouldn't be asking if I thought I knew it all :)

I'd always go mic only, unless you're after a particular effect.

With all the engineers/producers I've ever worked with it's been the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

Hi, a bit of feedback on some of the stuff i'm involved with would be nice... You can hear on www.myspace.com/12gaugemusic

Barry

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Bobon

Hi,

Would appreciate it if you could give my tune a listen. Its the first tune i've done and it was all done in reason which I have just started to mess around with so please be gentle :)

www.myspace.com/raisingagentireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 IamJJ

This is my first single attempt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ayydp7q_yA&fmt=18

done on my digi002.

Let me know what yis think.

Cheers,

JJ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

Nice one JJ. Great vocals, great vid. I love the way the song ends on just the piano.

Howdy folks... would really like to get your feedback on these songs.

It's all original material. There's 3 of us involved. We've been playing / writing as a hobby for years, but only set up our home studios in the past 12 months. So we're used to writing, but newbies at recording/mixing (as you may have spotted from my posts here ;) )

All tracked/mixed by us. Drums & percussion tracked in my home studio (which doubles as a garden shed). The remainder was tracked & mixed in the guitarists home studio.

All done on Pro Tools LE / Digidesign / M-Audio gear...

Would love to get feedback (good, bad or indifferent) on:

1. The songs
    2. The tracking/mixing/production

Thanks...

Sticky for that ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

Howdy folks... would really like to get your feedback on these songs.

It's all original material. There's 3 of us involved. We've been playing / writing as a hobby for years, but only set up our home studios in the past 12 months. So we're used to writing, but newbies at recording/mixing (as you may have spotted from my posts here ;) )

All tracked/mixed by us. Drums & percussion tracked in my home studio (which doubles as a garden shed). The remainder was tracked & mixed in the guitarists home studio.

All done on Pro Tools LE / Digidesign / M-Audio gear...

Would love to get feedback (good, bad or indifferent) on:

1. The songs
    2. The tracking/mixing/production

Thanks...

Hi Zy,

I am at the newbie end of the scale here so what I have to say is very very general.

I like your songs, to me they sound like a cross between everything but the girl and the sundays. Your singer has a great voice. The songs are constructed very well.

Keep up the good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭iamnothim

studiorat wrote: »
    How can I put this politely TP? Yes it is;)

I done this one.

Ah ha - slowly I start to assossiate people in here with who they are in real life..... Dave....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭PMI

Heres the most recent radio advert I did :)

http://www.prismpromedia.com/pmi/audio/KFM_weather.mp3

It Sponsors the weather every hour on the hour on www.KFMRADIO.com in Kildare....

I have loads of songs too, but they are not on net at mo as most of the songs get pitched for tv/film work.

Advertisement