Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NAS student paramedic recruitment 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Donal_M1

Newgirl89 wrote: »
    Same as myself so, where you hoping for?

Well I would prefer Tullamore but I'll happily go to Tallaght too. What about yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Newgirl89

Donal_M1 wrote: »
    Well I would prefer Tullamore but I'll happily go to Tallaght too. What about yourself?

Tullamore.... hopefully we will hear this week whether we get it or not...

Tullamore.... hopefully we will hear this week whether we get it or not...

Yeah hope so. If ya don't mind me asking are you above me in the panel? Just if ya are would ya mind letting me know if ya get offered or not please so that I'll have an idea where I stand

Yeah hope so. If ya don't mind me asking are you above me in the panel? Just if ya are would ya mind letting me know if ya get offered or not please so that I'll have an idea where I stand

Where are you on panel?

Just got offered both Tallaght and Tullamore, you hear anything

• Advertisement

Just got offered both Tallaght and Tullamore, you hear anything

I only put in for tullamore and just got offered 😀

So anyone else for tullamore?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 HollyT1951

Hi guys,
    Im in for Tullamore starting 25th Jan, found out today.
    Delighted to be starting
    :)

PS; Do we know what the student wage is few very varying figures floating around

HollyT1951 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Delighted to be starting

PS; Do we know what the student wage is few very varying figures floating around

Looking forward to meeting you 😀 it’s €27000 and something I think... it’s on the job spec, can’t remember nor off top of head

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭NeuronalJoe

HollyT1951 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Delighted to be starting

It's about €920 a fortnight plus a training allowance any time you are out of the college (placement)

• Advertisement

You too :)
    Ok great ill have a look , Thanks a mil

Brilliant thanks a mil

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭JBB2020

Congratulations to everyone who got a place.
    Off the subject a bit, but has anyone heard when the next recruitment drive will be? Or will they run down the new panels first?
    Thanks.

JBB2020 wrote: »
    Congratulations to everyone who got a place.
    Off the subject a bit, but has anyone heard when the next recruitment drive will be? Or will they run down the new panels first?
    Thanks.

With the speed of this one I would say fairly shortly, that’s a guess could be wrong though, nobody knows for certain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

Congrats to all who were selected.

Special big congrats to all going to Tullamore in Jan.

Its the best job in the world, and you wont regret it!

Congrats to all who were selected.

Special big congrats to all going to Tullamore in Jan.

Its the best job in the world, and you wont regret it!
    Looking forward to starting now, any good advice 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Shau_98

Hi guys,
    Planning to apply for the 2021 recruitment whenever it goes ahead. I have a young family so was just wondering about the internship placements? Do you get to put down preferences or can you be shipped anywhere in the country? Thanks!

Shau_98 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Planning to apply for the 2021 recruitment whenever it goes ahead. I have a young family so was just wondering about the internship placements? Do you get to put down preferences or can you be shipped anywhere in the country? Thanks!

You get to put down a preference but NAS have been known to send people off to Ballygobackwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Shau_98

Thanks for the reply. If I get the job, I should prepare to be up rooted then if I secure the position. Hopefully not somewhere a hundred miles away.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Baby S 85

Anyone received there contract yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Scoobasteve123

Nothing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Baby S 85

Nothing yet

Same as, hopefully early next week, I've already handed my notice of resignation in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

Looking forward to starting now, any good advice 🙈

The medical / treatment / medicine side will take care of itself. You are presented with stuff, you do your best to learn it.

Whats a surprise pitfall is how much you are being monitored while interacting with fellow students, drinking tea, helping each other, being early for class, staying on after class to practice, etc. They see everything, and your attitude is being graded too. Give it your best. Its the greatest job in the world (management is a different kettle of fish!) .... and you get paid while you are being trained!

All forms signed and sent off, see yous in January. Good luck :D

All forms signed and sent off, see yous in January. Good luck :D

Same, medical next and roll on the real fun then

Just wondering are people sorted for accommodation for Tullamore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 donottroll

Speaking of accomodation. Was thinking of getting an apartment in Tallaght if available. Maybe 2-3 of us could share?

Just wondering are people sorted for accommodation for Tullamore?

Assuming some hotel will be doing deal, ballinasloe class usually get good price in hotel in town so hopefully something similar will be arranged in tullamore

There's 3 of us from Donegal who have got an apartment 6 mile from Tullamore. http://www.ballycommonhouse.com/contact.html
    There's the link above, self catering. Heating, electricity and linen included for €100/wk. Lovely fella to deal with, no contract either. 0863130149 Gerry Mc Grath. Found him very easy to deal with.

• Advertisement

There's 3 of us from Donegal who have got an apartment 6 mile from Tullamore. http://www.ballycommonhouse.com/contact.html
    There's the link above, self catering. Heating, electricity and linen included for €100/wk. Lovely fella to deal with, no contract either. 0863130149 Gerry Mc Grath. Found him very easy to deal with.

Very good, was going to say double check ye will be ok with in and out and won’t have to pay for the weeks your out on placement or whatever, because there is placement week 3 and again then after the 11 weeks in class for 8 weeks

Advertisement