Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Are fifa points region specific?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,414 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Lads, I need some defending advice. I’ve conceding about 30 goals tonight from people running down the byline and passing across for a tap in doing the player objectives. I can’t stop them and yet when I go up and try it I can’t get it past their defender. What are they doing that I’m not or what should I do to defend it.

What are your LB/RB doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

dmigsy wrote: »
    Anyone do the Flashback Khedira? Worth it? Considering doing it. Only a couple of days left.

Yeah I did Khedira. Definitely worth it, he’s a beast at CDM - breaks up every opposition attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Parawind

dmigsy wrote: »
    Anyone do the Flashback Khedira? Worth it? Considering doing it. Only a couple of days left.

I did and I like him but he's not for everyone. I only use him from the bench right now for fresh legs. Great defending and passing, he is a real unit too but obviously because of his size he isn't the best dribbler.

I would say he is worth doing to use as a CDM for the cost and a German with links to Juventus is something a bit unique that might not come up again later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Parawind wrote: »
    I did and I like him but he's not for everyone. I only use him from the bench right now for fresh legs. Great defending and passing, he is a real unit too but obviously because of his size he isn't the best dribbler.

I would say he is worth doing to use as a CDM for the cost and a German with links to Juventus is something a bit unique that might not come up again later.

Just did him. Not a great fit with the current team but the link to Ronaldo is good to have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,653 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

folks any tips for a fifa new comer, i last played pes properly about 15 years ago! i now have a shiney series x and fifa 21 and im getting spanked online! i can do okay against cpu at world class level but i win some and lose some.

what formation should i be using?

ive watched some youtube vids on ultimate team and am trying to do all the objectives so will see how i go building a decent team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Cyrus wrote: »
    folks any tips for a fifa new comer, i last played pes properly about 15 years ago! i now have a shiney series x and fifa 21 and im getting spanked online! i can do okay against cpu at world class level but i win some and lose some.

what formation should i be using?

ive watched some youtube vids on ultimate team and am trying to do all the objectives so will see how i go building a decent team.

https://youtu.be/gtY4Slr0ifU

This guy is good, particularly for defending tips. Learning to defend and then learning a few skill moves to get past defenders are the fundamentals.

Defending is the hard part imo - you need defenders with pace. 4231 narrow is a good basic formation but see what works for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Doing the Bellerin objectives. 1-1 against a guy around 35 mins. I get a peno and he pulls his connection before I can take it so match ends a draw and I don't get the win. Petty beyond belief.

Next game I get matched against the exact same guy. He goes 3-0 up, full celebrations etc. I get it back to 3-3 in the 88th minute.... Quit game and leave him with a draw. :pac:

I probably could have pushed for a win but couldn't resist.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Are fifa points region specific?

Psn points are so I'd assume fifa are also

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

They do really need to do something about people quitting now the Objectives are in friendly. Just seems that if someone is ahead and you pull level the default move is to quit as it doesn't punish them to do so. Really should be if the match is level and someone quits the other team gets the win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Frisbee wrote: »
    They do really need to do something about people quitting now the Objectives are in friendly. Just seems that if someone is ahead and you pull level the default move is to quit as it doesn't punish them to do so. Really should be if the match is level and someone quits the other team gets the win.

It probably won’t eliminate people quitting completely but might help if they removed the win requirement and have more say just completing x amount of games, might make people stay in the game just to get the complete although people will probably just arse around until the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Blazer wrote: »

{scratching ass gif}

Bought rttf renato sanchez sunday and all i can say is wow.

The little guy is like kante on steriods that can score goals too. Interceptions all over pitch i love him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

does anyone know if there is any full backs in the game who are usable that have low attacking work rates ? i think if youre not gonna use your full backs for attacking and trying to have them stay back while attacking it isnt gonna work cos their high attacking work rates just over rides the instruction.

its why you see so many people or youre saying to yourself why in the fck is mendy in my opponents box again :D so i think a low/high full back would fix that im just not sure there are any with those work rates usable in the game.

chips1234 wrote: »
    does anyone know if there is any full backs in the game who are usable that have low attacking work rates ? i think if youre not gonna use your full backs for attacking and trying to have them stay back while attacking it isnt gonna work cos their high attacking work rates just over rides the instruction.

its why you see so many people or youre saying to yourself why in the fck is mendy in my opponents box again :D so i think a low/high full back would fix that im just not sure there are any with those work rates usable in the game.

that's why a lot of people set the LB/RB to stay back and overlap. So there's always someone out there.

that's why a lot of people set the LB/RB to stay back and overlap. So there's always someone out there.

but they are never where you want them to be :D i think it just boils down to instructions are pointless really because the work rates will over ride them too much, even if youre using ramos you'll notice him just blazing up the middle of the pitch at times during a game when you've not triggered it because of his high attacking work rates. and overall too many things kind of overlap each other when it comes to tactics/instructions/work rates.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I'm trying to jockey the attacker with the full backs. They always just get past and square the ball for an easy tap in.

chips1234 wrote: »
    but they are never where you want them to be :D i think it just boils down to instructions are pointless really because the work rates will over ride them too much, even if youre using ramos you'll notice him just blazing up the middle of the pitch at times during a game when you've not triggered it because of his high attacking work rates. and overall too many things kind of overlap each other when it comes to tactics/instructions/work rates.

I've a horrible habit of clicking the make a run when facing my defence and one of my CBs will make a run forward

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

For anyone invested in Bale’s OTW - this is re: the Bale/Ibra/others action against their agents, EA etc

https://twitter.com/chuboi/status/1331269778619707392?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

I packed Koulibaly untradeable from the 81+ double upgrade pack. I have his RTTF card and it’s price has risen steadily over the last couple of days. Should I sell now ? I’m afraid the prices might crash with Black Friday, or will he be okay cuz he’s a rttf ?

GavK wrote: »
    I packed Koulibaly untradeable from the 81+ double upgrade pack. I have his RTTF card and it’s price has risen steadily over the last couple of days. Should I sell now ? I’m afraid the prices might crash with Black Friday, or will he be okay cuz he’s a rttf ?

napoli should get through that group, id wait until his upgrade to sell tbh no way would i be selling now, would be horrible if they didnt get out of the group though :D

EDIT: plus he's not in packs anymore so black friday shouldnt affect the card's price too much when there will be no supply of him coming to drop his price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,505 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

SBC for a Base Icon pack is out, non-repeatable and about 460k from scratch.

Pretty frustrating that we're waiting on more SBCs for specific Icons and instead they're just giving us these gamble packs.

SBC for a Base Icon pack is out, non-repeatable and about 460k from scratch.

Pretty frustrating that we're waiting on more SBCs for specific Icons and instead they're just giving us these gamble packs.

Thats where i got ronaldo 2 years ago :p might happen again.

Balls..I was gonna splash a mill on Thiago Silva and other high rated cards but went the Ribery way instead. Not gonna lose anything but just means I need to hold onto them for longer.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Thats where i got ronaldo 2 years ago :p might happen again.

Well someone has to be the test dummy and I don't want it to be me so go ahead and good luck :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

The packs back for that sbc have the be the worst I've ever seen absolutely shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Mgoraf wrote: »
    The packs back for that sbc have the be the worst I've ever seen absolutely shocking

Two rare player pack for an 86 squad is laughable :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Surely no one is going to do this. Futbin price it at 550k. I'd say 60% of the base icons are less than that on the market??

Mgoraf wrote: »
    Surely no one is going to do this. Futbin price it at 550k. I'd say 60% of the base icons are less than that on the market??

And it's not like you have an equal chance of packing each Icon either, the pack weight is determined by price so you're far more likely to pack a Laudrup than a Puskas.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ironically, I'd have done one if they hadn't just released the specific Icon SBC. I've put most of my fodder into VDS. It's not that he's amazing, but at least I know exactly who I'm getting so can say "Yes, I'm happy with that value".

500k for a random one? Nah. Even with loads of fodder, it's too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Disgraceful packs from the icon sbc. Got Georgie Best all the same :p

Advertisement