Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post parcel issue

• 17-11-2020 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hi everyone , apologies if this is not the right place to make a thread but , I sent an early christmas gift to a friend from Japan , and never countered a problem like this before. I sent the Parcel via An post November 2nd and it ended up in London, Heathrow Transit Hub on the 6th of November .

My problem is when I check on the track number on An Post website , it says its still in heathrow transit hub for the past 11 days ? should it really be taking this long ? :confused:

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭Spocker

Hi everyone , apologies if this is not the right place to make a thread but , I sent an early christmas gift to a friend from Japan , and never countered a problem like this before. I sent the Parcel via An post November 2nd and it ended up in London, Heathrow Transit Hub on the 6th of November .

My problem is when I check on the track number on An Post website , it says its still in heathrow transit hub for the past 11 days ? should it really be taking this long ? :confused:

Which service did you choose for delivery? When I try to price a 1Kg parcel to Japan on the An Post website, both of their parcel delivery services don't give the option for a timed delivery, only tracked

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Arcadeheroes

Spocker wrote: »
    Which service did you choose for delivery? When I try to price a 1Kg parcel to Japan on the An Post website, both of their parcel delivery services don't give the option for a timed delivery, only tracked

I think at the time I choose only standard post . I am hoping its the case the tracker code doesnt work in asian countries :(. though I am getting kinda worried

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

It may well be 'paused' in its journey to allow for covid measures to be adhered to. I have heard that post into Australia is stashed in a warehouse for a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Hallaz

I was told that Japan cannot post things to Ireland due to current guidelines in their country so perhaps they cannot accept goods at the moment either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Miniscule number of flights means freight capacity is dramatically reduced and parcels simply go into a queue. So its normal in the current covid situation.

• Advertisement
Advertisement