Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tyson Fury... the most interesting boxer?

Options
  • 12-11-2020 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭

Ok, maybe the title is wrong, but Tyson Fury is a very interesting guy....

is he the smartest fighter? with his ups and downs, and his constant success...
    Has anyone seen his interview with Joe Rogan.... incredible stuff..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 PointHop123

Last month his wife isaid in a TV interview that their 11 year old daughter Venezuela can decide herself whether to continue school after the age of 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Jaysus... there's a surprise.... Venezuela and Paris?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭weemcd

Fury's book is a good read. It reads almost exactly as Fury himself talks. I doubt there was too much extra writing padded out by another journalist/author. He's lived a fascinating life and I doubt his story is over yet either.

I've long been an admirer of Fury, long before I ever realised how good he was.

If anyone is interested I did a couple of write ups before both his Wilder fights:

“The Resistible Force vs The Movable Object” by @mcdamien88 https://link.medium.com/wcNmOBLopbb

“The Resistible Force vs The Movable Object II — The Rematch” by @mcdamien88 https://medium.com/@mcdamien88/the-resistible-force-vs-the-movable-object-ii-the-rematch-f4dc2c4634da

• Registered Users Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭megadodge

Nice articles.

Well written.

Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Larsso30

If only he would talk about his doping......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

weemcd wrote: »
    Fury's book is a good read. It reads almost exactly as Fury himself talks. I doubt there was too much extra writing padded out by another journalist/author. He's lived a fascinating life and I doubt his story is over yet either.

I've long been an admirer of Fury, long before I ever realised how good he was.

If anyone is interested I did a couple of write ups before both his Wilder fights:

“The Resistible Force vs The Movable Object” by @mcdamien88 https://link.medium.com/wcNmOBLopbb

“The Resistible Force vs The Movable Object II — The Rematch” by @mcdamien88 https://medium.com/@mcdamien88/the-resistible-force-vs-the-movable-object-ii-the-rematch-f4dc2c4634da

I enjoyed those, thanks..

One day, people will realise this is all just an amazing PR job on fury. He had horrible views before he won the title. Got done for doping then became mental health advocate while he was actually banned but that bit is glossed over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭weemcd

I enjoyed those, thanks..

Cheers lads. I've been waiting for a big fight to get the juices flowing and that will make me want to write about it.

I've also half started an Ali vs Mike Tyson fantasy match up but I don't know if I'll ever be happy with it, there's too much to try and fit in...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Homophobia. Doping.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Most people who cheer him on don't even know about his doping ban.

What next? He'll be involved in a plaything of one Europe's most powerful drug gang's aka MTK Global, oh wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,584 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Limpy wrote: »
    Most people who cheer him on don't even know about his doping ban.

What next? He'll be involved in a plaything of one Europe's most powerful drug gang's aka MTK Global, oh wait.

They do know..

Many try to ignore and excuse it..

Same people who would slate others and accuse others of doping..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Westernworld.

Larsso30 wrote: »
    If only he would talk about his doping......

In fairness no-one ever does

Few exceptions

weemcd wrote: »
    Cheers lads. I've been waiting for a big fight to get the juices flowing and that will make me want to write about it.

I've also half started an Ali vs Mike Tyson fantasy match up but I don't know if I'll ever be happy with it, there's too much to try and fit in...

Great reads!

I’ll dissect the Ali-Tyson match when you have it

One I think Tyson wins!

In fairness no-one ever does

Few exceptions

Most don't pass their drug ban off as a mental health issue though. They (his PR team) literally rewrote history

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Westernworld.

Most don't pass their drug ban off as a mental health issue though. They (his PR team) literally rewrote history

Not sure about the MH side of it but in fairness to fury he was unlucky to get caught, probably s bit of politics at play

And also they will literally say anything when csught

• Registered Users Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭Tork

Best buds with Daniel Kinahan too. He's good PR because of his personality and story but boy, there's some whiff of cordite off him.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

KaneToad wrote: »
    Homophobia. Doping.

Lovely views on women too (they belong on their backs or in the kitchen)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Ali and Tyson have said awful things too, these guys are boxers not pc liberals, he’s bettered himself and is a shining light for people with MH issues, I’m a huge fan of his and admire his guts

Ali and Tyson have said awful things too, these guys are boxers not pc liberals, he’s bettered himself and is a shining light for people with MH issues, I’m a huge fan of his and admire his guts

Mike Tyson is a lowlife!

He got caught for PEDs, was banned and had a great PR job done oh and is mates with a cartel leader who is responsibile for bodies all over Dublin. He's no shinning light imo

• Advertisement

He got caught for PEDs, was banned and had a great PR job done oh and is mates with a cartel leader who is responsibile for bodies all over Dublin. He's no shinning light imo

he also has serious mental health issues and as someone in a similar situation i can tell you i've made stupid mistakes too whilst in the height of it, not sure why you have such an axe to grind with him and i'm not saying he's an angel, but he's no devil either.

he also has serious mental health issues and as someone in a similar situation i can tell you i've made stupid mistakes too whilst in the height of it, not sure why you have such an axe to grind with him and i'm not saying he's an angel, but he's no devil either.

He is a PED cheat....

End of

No different than others who have been done for PEDs....

They ALL have their excuses for these episodes of cheating....

Still all cheats....

I actually don't think Fury was intentionally trying to cheat, but I think that for others as well....

I can't know for certain with Fury......all I do know is that he cheated...intentional or not, only he truly knows..

walshb wrote: »
    He is a PED cheat....

End of

No different than others who have been done for PEDs....

They ALL have their excuses for these episodes of cheating....

Still all cheats....

I actually don't think Fury was intentionally trying to cheat, but I think that for others as well....

I can't know for certain with Fury......all I do know is that he cheated...intentional or not, only he truly knows..

can't argue with any of that, but the boxing authorities are happy for him to box so maybe you guys should be angry at the rules as much as fury.
    I also can't wait to see Fury vs Aj i think that'll be a great fight

I've 10000% respect for people who come through mental health issues. Point I'm making is he was caught for taking performance enhancing drugs (not the coke couldn't give a **** about that) got suspended and then claimed he was out for those years due to mental health, he was actually suspended. I think what he says and does is a disservice to genuine people who come through mental health issues

I've 10000% respect for people who come through mental health issues. Point I'm making is he was caught for taking performance enhancing drugs (not the coke couldn't give a **** about that) got suspended and then claimed he was out for those years due to mental health, he was actually suspended. I think what he says and does is a disservice to genuine people who come through mental health issues

And plenty people fell for it

All his misdemeanours explained away as my poor mental health..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I don't agree with him using his mental health problems to explain away his suspension, but he has helped people who are suffering from similar issues.

Given he comes from a background where talking about theses issues is even more taboo he is to be commended for speaking out about it.

I do agree it should not be used as a shield to excuse everything he has done.

Advertisement