Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camcorder Help

• 19-05-2020 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Looking for some help here,i have got hold of a camcorder with the intentions of recording family footage and burning it onto a blank dvd and watching on a dvd player.

I am new to all this and i am struggling a bit,i have managed to burn footage to the dvd but for some reason it will not play on my dvd player(not recognised).

After much research i downloaded Burnaware to try a different burning method/and VLC media player to see would it play a dvd as my dvd player wont.

As things stand the computer is saying i have successfully burned the disc and yet it wont play for me.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated,thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

When you burnt the files, where they in a folder called VIDEO_TS with files like;

VIDEO_TS.BUP

VIDEO_TS.IFO

VIDEO_TS.VOB

VTS_01_0.BUP

VTS_01_0.IFO

VTS_01_0.VOB

VTS_01_1.VOB

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ddub11

the_syco wrote: »
    When you burnt the files, where they in a folder called VIDEO_TS with files like;

VIDEO_TS.BUP

VIDEO_TS.IFO

VIDEO_TS.VOB

VTS_01_0.BUP

VTS_01_0.IFO

VTS_01_0.VOB

VTS_01_1.VOB
    Hi got that issue sorted thanks,i have another question maybe you can help.
    So i have a number of video clips and i would like to make them as one full clip with no separation,like im watching a home movie rather than a number of different clips if that makes sense.

Do you know how i can merge all my small video clips together to make one bigger clip?thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

ddub11 wrote: »
    Do you know how i can merge all my small video clips together to make one bigger clip?thanks.

You need to use video editing software to join several clips into a much longer clip. Some camcorders include editing software otherwise you can use editing software available online. Theres a recent thread on that topic in this forum.

So generally this entails ingesting the clips assembling any other resources such as music or stills and then triming the clips and placing them along with any other elements onto a timeline. The final part is to render off the edited clip to a video format file.

Theres lots of Youtube tutorials on video editing for beginners.

Advertisement