Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All ye oul wans and oul fellas out there! Wakey wakey, rise and shine!

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Aaaaanyway, it's not every year you get a palindrome for your birthday! It's the 02/02/2020 today, in case you had forgotten!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,943 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I hadn't realised that, now that is a birthday prezzy, thank you.

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    I arrived at the computer a couple of hours ago. I feel I'm getting a bug so I have a little hot toddy here beside me, which should impress all you inebriates in here, as you are well aware I usually only drink tea. I arrived at the computer with great intent, but here I am a couple of hours later and the deed has still not been done. But now it's time. I'm leaving you. Very soon. It's not you. It's me. I may be back at some stage, but right now it's time I went away. There is too much to explain but suffice it to say that I need time and the h'internet steals that from me continuously and nothing gets done. Big decisions have been made here and I need more time. If you see me popping up again soon you have my permission to promptly kick me in the derryair and toss me out. Himself will have to subscribe to Boards now instead of getting me to 'find out what does Boards say about X". I'll miss you all. I'll miss a few other fora (hey, I can speak latin!! :rolleyes:) Hugs to all! Mwa Mwa! (sniffles) Go on, Jelly, submit reply, submit reply, go on!

I think I interacted with you at some point in the distant past- probably many years ago now- giving up boards for a while is no bad thing - there's more to life than post-count - hope you're doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,355 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Rubecula wrote: »
    Happy birthday to me lol

teetotal this time though.
    just popping by to say...

Happy Birthday to Ruuuubes!

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTx2GiGPIdaHsQjS2aNw80hqMno997mnx9KI9_TKSZeuFxwWWDw

Hope you have a lovely day, wherever you are!

How’s all oldies doing? Hope you’re keeping well :)

• Advertisement

How’s all oldies doing? Hope you’re keeping well :)

Oldies? I don't know any oldies! I'm just cocooning staying at home because, er, I want to. Yes, loads of gardening to do, curtains to make, you know, stuff. How're you doing yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I keep telling my wife that we should be social distancing but she won't let me move into a hotel on my own. :pac:

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,538 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Social distancing is nothing new,

I used to clear off to the pub every evening after tea,

Now I am staying home I'm getting to know the wife all over again,

Seems like a nice ol' gal, a flower arranger apparently.....

looksee wrote: »
    Oldies? I don't know any oldies! I'm just cocooning staying at home because, er, I want to. Yes, loads of gardening to do, curtains to make, you know, stuff. How're you doing yourself?

Good thanks- I have a job that I can work from home so one of the lucky ones. Stay safe all.
    OldGoat wrote: »
    I keep telling my wife that we should be social distancing but she won't let me move into a hotel on my own. :pac:

Times like this I wish I had invested in a nice little outdoor room - would be nice hideaway

Times like this I wish I had invested in a nice little outdoor room - would be nice hideaway
    I've been drawing up plans for a shed but my missus thinks that we are getting one of those garden rooms whereas the reality will be more like...
    https://c8.alamy.com/comp/FTXYAN/inside-a-tool-shed-in-a-garden-hdr-FTXYAN.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,538 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Niice, everything in its place and a place for everything.

Niice, everything in its place and a place for everything.
    Including my missus!
    /Ducks, runs, hides.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,627 ✭✭✭Alice1

I retired from my job on 31st March - oddest retirement ever. No goodbye party or nuthin'. I understood why - but I didn't like it.

Sounds perfect to me tbh. When I go I have already made plans to give them a final date but to then not show up for the last week. I cannot abide the thoughts of those speeches lauding my praises and job history from people that I've never worked beside. The whole handshake and backslapping deal leaves me cold.
    It's my introversion rearing it's head.

Alice1 wrote: »
    I retired from my job on 31st March - oddest retirement ever. No goodbye party or nuthin'. I understood why - but I didn't like it.

Knew someone last year who retired. For various reasons it was forced retirement about 1 year early.

He didn't take it very well. Think he's OK now- however, if you're feeling similar, then when things get better in terms of face to face stuff:

a. Make a list of coffee/lunch dates of people who you'd really like to say goodbye to

b. Contact them all once this covid-19 stuff has (hopefully) passed

c. Meet them all over a 1-2 week period, for lunch/coffee

Know someone who did this- its was like a nice long "goodbye" but on their terms - think about it.

Are you still alive in here?

Keep talking guys

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

mostly...

How are you holding up Steve with the lack of a local? This should be the perfect time to blow the dust off the counter of "Yore Mas" over in Beer Guts & Receding Hairlines. I could do with a large bottle and a sammich.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

OldGoat wrote: »
    How are you holding up Steve with the lack of a local? This should be the perfect time to blow the dust off the counter of "Yore Mas" over in Beer Guts & Receding Hairlines. I could do with a large bottle and a sammich.
    Oh, the good ole days.

I'm still alive, that's the main thing.

Yeah, love to see you for a pint with the old crew.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

Hi everyone, I haven't been on this thread for years.
    Has anyone noticed that this page on this thread is 666.

Am I the beast? :rolleyes:;):eek::cool:or are you?

Who decides...

• Advertisement

*rouses from deep slumber* oh hi Red Hare, its been so quiet in here I nodded off! How you doing?

666? that, along with the single Magpie I have been watching gathering - with some drama - sticks from the hedgerow, seems to suggest that maybe I shouldn't bother buying a lottery ticket.

However, I for one am now not only fully vaccinated but finished the two week waiting period - yay! Party!

In relation to magpies, my mother taught me that the rhyme went one for luck, two for joy... so thankfully I escaped that particular sorrow:)

It's gone too hard to win the lottery, they've put too many numbers in the draw. :rolleyes:

"666 the number of the beast, hell and fire are sworn to be released!"

I'd prefer if there were a top prize of say 2 million, and numerous top prizes. This doesn't sell tickets apparently. I just don't buy them any more - I never bought them regularly but I would have a go occasionally. Now I would rather buy myself a coffee and cake :D

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

Hello gang. I was just thinking of posting about our vaccinations. I've had my first and was told it'll be twelve weeks to my second. Two family members older than me haven't even been called for their first yet, and everyone else I know has had two. My two family members are feeling a bit stressed about being forgotten about. :(

I suppose I had better apply my mind to thinking up a new and witty title for this thread which is about to top the 10,000 posts mark - well at the rate we have been going lately it could be another couple of months for the next 14 posts, but still, we don't want the hamsters dying of exhaustion!

Any suggestions for a title gratefully received.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

They should check with their GP's or if under 70 go onto the website to register for one from the big vaccination centres. I got done in Aviva with Astro Z and now have to wait is it 3 mths til next dose. Older folk and those done in GP's were given the Moderna or Phizer and have shorter interval so many are now fully 'done'.:(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

"What do you mean wakey wakey, I've yet to fall asleep!" :D

looksee wrote: »
    I suppose I had better apply my mind to thinking up a new and witty title for this thread which is about to top the 10,000 posts mark - well at the rate we have been going lately it could be another couple of months for the next 14 posts, but still, we don't want the hamsters dying of exhaustion!

Any suggestions for a title gratefully received.

Planning 2 years in advance- admirable :P

Second Life?

I’m going to die, but just not yet. (Hopefully)?

Oldwans and Oldfellas last stand?

[QUOTE Oldwans and Oldfellas last stand?[/QUOTE]rock on ?

• Advertisement

Red Hare wrote: »
    [QUOTE Oldwans and Oldfellas last stand?
    rock on ?[/QUOTE]

Like it !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement