Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

• 21-09-2020 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭

rsz_0_fifa-21-ultimate-team-new-features.jpg

Web App - Wednesday 30th September

EA Play/EA Access - 10 hours in total allowed from 6pm on Thursday 1st October

Pre-Order (Ultimate/Champion Edition) - full access to the game from Tuesday 6th October

General Release - Friday 9th October

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Hope it's okay to create this new thread for FIFA 21 Ultimate Team? :D

With just over a week to go until the web app is released it's full steam ahead looking towards the new edition.

The full database is expected to be released any day now and I'm sure most people are already thinking about their starter squads and different strategies to take to try and get the best possible start.

Fire away guys! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

guess i'll pre order ultimate edition this week :D the road to 30-0 and starts soon LETS GOOOOOOOOO !
    edit: also rumours on twitter today of no demo being released, not sure how much of a big deal that is, i dont think i gaf really about it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Always love when the webapp is released, I go hell for leather for 3 months then get bored of ultimate team when all the speacial cards come out :D

Looking at potential starter squads and although I know it'll be overpriced, I'm finding it hard to look past the Premier League this year.

New editions such as Werner, Havertz, Semedo, Thiago, James, Allan, Bale, Reguilon, Ziyech, Rodrigo all look exciting and you have your usual standouts such as Martial and Richarlison when your bank starts to increase. You also have annual FIFA starter squad GK gem Areola at Fulham. I know we're talking months down the line here but Richarlison and Allan for example will be a handy way to link Neymar as I think we'll see a lot of Premier League with Neymar and Mbappe squads as time goes on.

For the Premier League it's looking like Son, Calvert-Lewin or Zaha will get POTM so a nice 30,000-ish or so Calvert-Lewin SBC would do nicely!

Bundesliga seems decent too. Akanji, Mbabu and Zakaria will all provide a perfect link on the right side (that Zakaria card looks fantastic for a starter squad by the way). Emre Can looks like a great starter card too and Marcus Thuram up front should do the job early doors, plus he has the added benefit of being French and his teammate Plea might be even better as he has a 4 star week foot. Gnabry is a big-ish name who should be affordable early especially with his pace downgrade and Sabitzer has had a nice upgrade which should see him be an effective starter squad CAM.

I just want the database to be released now so I can start putting together full squads! :pac:

BrentMused wrote: »
    Looking at potential starter squads and although I know it'll be overpriced, I'm finding it hard to look past the Premier League this year.

New editions such as Werner, Havertz, Semedo, Thiago, James, Allan, Bale, Reguilon, Ziyech, Rodrigo all look exciting and you have your usual standouts such as Martial and Richarlison when your bank starts to increase. You also have annual FIFA starter squad GK gem Areola at Fulham. I know we're talking months down the line here but Richarlison and Allan for example will be a handy way to link Neymar as I think we'll see a lot of Premier League with Neymar and Mbappe squads as time goes on.

For the Premier League it's looking like Son, Calvert-Lewin or Zaha will get POTM so a nice 30,000-ish or so Calvert-Lewin SBC would do nicely!

Bundesliga seems decent too. Akanji, Mbabu and Zakaria will all provide a perfect link on the right side (that Zakaria card looks fantastic for a starter squad by the way). Emre Can looks like a great starter card too and Marcus Thuram up front should do the job early doors, plus he has the added benefit of being French and his teammate Plea might be even better as he has a 4 star week foot. Gnabry is a big-ish name who should be affordable early especially with his pace downgrade and Sabitzer has had a nice upgrade which should see him be an effective starter squad CAM.

I just want the database to be released now so I can start putting together full squads! :pac:

when is first weekend league usually ? im not gonna have any idea of what im gonna use until i at least have to start playing rivals for wl points, and the nit will depend on what happens with drafts and if i decide to go in on packs along with them. But plans def include neymar+mbappe as soon as possible along with baby gullit :D but i'll be trading my balls off from the get go in order to get them.

• Advertisement

chips1234 wrote: »
    guess i'll pre order ultimate edition this week :D the road to 30-0 and starts soon LETS GOOOOOOOOO !
    edit: also rumours on twitter today of no demo being released, not sure how much of a big deal that is, i dont think i gaf really about it

yup they have tweeted that there is no demo, i cant wait to read the twitter meltdown over which seems ridic and way over the top

Usually I wouldn’t be at all bothered about no demo. I’d be the type who would download it and play a few games before deleting and awaiting the full release.

This year is a bit more concerning though. Two other recent EA titles, Madden and UFC, have been absolutely woeful. Madden is now the worst rated sports game in gaming history I believe and if you search the #FixMadden hashtag on Twitter you’ll see examples of why.

I am slightly concerned that FIFA is going to be so broken like the aforementioned titles that they don’t want any of us to see it prior to release. I hope I’m wrong!

No full database yet either which is really annoying.

alright lads full db is out lets see the starter teams :D

If I go Bundesliga I'm looking at something like the below:

754695d77c809f5dffcd956da2ce9846.png

I'd change to 4-2-3-1 in game with Can and Zakaria the two CDM's, Sabitzer the CAM, and the two wide forwards becoming the LAM/RAM's. 4 Swiss players! :pac:

Burki could be any of those Bundesliga keepers of that level - Trapp, Gulacsi, Casteels, Hradecky etc.

The aim would be to get a lot of the Munich players such as Neuer, Davies, Hernandez, Sane and Lewandowski in as quickly as possible.

What do we think that starter squad would cost? 200,000-250,000?

I like the look of the Premier League with all the new additions but that said for starter squads there's a huge lack of affordable, decent CDM's and CAM's especially, IMO.

29ade1fe7346884533e584efb4cfd6bf.png

Again that would change to a 4-2-3-1 with Gbamin and Sissoko the CDM's and Maddison the CAM, with Jota and William becoming the LAM/RAM's.

The Bundesliga side is much better IMO and yet will probably be far cheaper too, but if you build up enough of a coin balance the Premier League is definitely the way to go when you can start affording the heavy hitters.

I'll be buying €100 worth of FIFA Points so if I pack anything decent with that it might determine what route I go down for a starter squad more than anything else.

Another potentially strong starting option could be some sort of Brazilian/La Liga/Chinese Super League hybrid.

The CSL has some fantastic starter attacking options but as usual the issue is that there are essentially no usable defenders. However, almost all of their attackers are Brazilian and La Liga has some very usable defenders who also have that Brazilian link.

I would line up differently but change to the below in-game for chemistry purposes:

3a702aa6309fb346ba452ae645a728d7.png

When coins start to build up someone like Allan in place of Fernando would be a huge upgrade. Also Richarlison with his 5* weak foot in place of Bakambu, and then you're already well on the way to being able to upgrade by adding the heavy hitting Premier League players with those links - and Neymar for those with buckets to spend! Plus someone like Diego Carlos would also be a huge upgrade at the back and maintains that Brazilian link too.

I feel there would be a lot of upgrade potential with that sort of starter team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Had a very similar team as my starter team last year - La Liga, Brazilian & Chinese league hybrid. It's definitely the best way to save some coins at the start while players like Ben Yedder were like 60K.

Teixiera & Talisca were picked up for next to nothing and were great for the first few weeks. I believe Paulinho was about 8K when I got him at the start - by far my most expensive player. To get an EPL player with similar stats would probably cost at least 5 times that.

La Liga looks do-able too.

Kondogbia there strictly as a stay back CDM as there aren't too many options at the start for that position.

0a375adb88148c3ec6ace18e99816569.png

At the moment, in terms of both value and being realistic about the amount of coins I'll have I'm leaning:

1) China/La Liga/Brazil hybrid
    2) Bundesliga
    3) La Liga
    4) Premier League

• Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I'll be buying €100 worth of FIFA Points so if I pack anything decent with that it might determine what route I go down for a starter squad more than anything else.

Just curious, have you done this other years? How much of a boost/head start do you feel it gave you if any?

Just curious, have you done this other years? How much of a boost/head start do you feel it gave you if any?

I personally haven't done it before but I know a few of the guys on here have and they feel it gives a good boost.

€100 gives you 12,000 FIFA Points, so 80 of the Premium Gold Packs. On average, the contents of same sell for around 2,500 coins so even if you pack nothing of note you should end up with around 200,000 which is a huge head start for trading and/or putting together a capable starting squad.

If you were lucky enough to pack something decent in a few of the packs you could potentially double that, but even with nothing of note you should build up at least 200,000 coins.

My plan is:

1) Get on the Web App straight away on release on the 30th September. Sell everything in the starter packs and try to do as many as of the SBC's as possible.

2) With the 10 hours from EA Access/EA Play the following day I'll purchase the FIFA Points, then log out and open them on the app. I might try to do more SBC's with lower rated cards that I pack but will largely be looking to sell whatever I get except anything so called meta (which will rise in price as they'll go extinct) or anything I might want to use in my starter team. I will also sell anything I get from SBC's, again unless I think they are worth keeping as they will rise, or that I will want for a starter team.

3) Purchasing so-called meta players and players heavily used for SBC's to begin trading.

4) Put together a basic starter team, again on the app. I'll probably go down the CSL/Brazilian/La Liga hybrid road which should be cheap.

5) Then start utilising the 10 hours with gameplay. I'm focus on Squad Battles route as that will give rewards on late Sunday night/early Monday morning. It's hard to predict how many points it will take to get what rank so early in, but if you could hit Elite 1 (which is so, so easy in normal circumstances) you'll get 2 x Rare Mega Packs and 30,000 coins. Or if time is tight Elite 2 gives 2 x Mega Packs, 1 x Premium Gold Players Pack and 15,000 coins. The contents of a Rare Mega Pack will sell for around 10,000 minimum and a Mega Pack will sell for around 7,000 minimum, so even if you hit Elite 2 in Squad Battles that first weekend you should end up with at the very least another 30,000 coins which is huge at that stage.

6) If any of the 10 hours is left, start doing the placement games on Rivals. This year you get coins (one time only) for each division you progress into. So if you were to be placed in say division 5, you would get the coins for division 10, 9, 8, 7 and 6 all in one go. More coins for the coffers again.

7) So by the morning of Monday 5th October I should have a healthy coin balance, be trading away and have a half decent starter team, even before the first pre-orders start playing on Tuesday 6th.

8) Start getting stuck into Rivals ahead of the Rivals rewards on Thursday.

I will add a disclaimer that I am as far away from a knowledgeable source on this that you could get so I could well be miles off :pac: The other lads will be able to advise better.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Raving_Magic

Any player prices up yet or is it too early? Probably have to wait for the EA Access next week for that I'd presume

Any player prices up yet or is it too early? Probably have to wait for the EA Access next week for that I'd presume

wont be any prices up until the web app is up and running.

I personally haven't done it before but I know a few of the guys on here have and they feel it gives a good boost.

€100 gives you 12,000 FIFA Points, so 80 of the Premium Gold Packs. On average, the contents of same sell for around 2,500 coins so even if you pack nothing of note you should end up with around 200,000 which is a huge head start for trading and/or putting together a capable starting squad.

If you were lucky enough to pack something decent in a few of the packs you could potentially double that, but even with nothing of note you should build up at least 200,000 coins.

My plan is:

1) Get on the Web App straight away on release on the 30th September. Sell everything in the starter packs and try to do as many as of the SBC's as possible.

2) With the 10 hours from EA Access/EA Play the following day I'll purchase the FIFA Points, then log out and open them on the app. I might try to do more SBC's with lower rated cards that I pack but will largely be looking to sell whatever I get except anything so called meta (which will rise in price as they'll go extinct) or anything I might want to use in my starter team. I will also sell anything I get from SBC's, again unless I think they are worth keeping as they will rise, or that I will want for a starter team.

3) Purchasing so-called meta players and players heavily used for SBC's to begin trading.

4) Put together a basic starter team, again on the app. I'll probably go down the CSL/Brazilian/La Liga hybrid road which should be cheap.

5) Then start utilising the 10 hours with gameplay. I'm focus on Squad Battles route as that will give rewards on late Sunday night/early Monday morning. It's hard to predict how many points it will take to get what rank so early in, but if you could hit Elite 1 (which is so, so easy in normal circumstances) you'll get 2 x Rare Mega Packs and 30,000 coins. Or if time is tight Elite 2 gives 2 x Mega Packs, 1 x Premium Gold Players Pack and 15,000 coins. The contents of a Rare Mega Pack will sell for around 10,000 minimum and a Mega Pack will sell for around 7,000 minimum, so even if you hit Elite 2 in Squad Battles that first weekend you should end up with at the very least another 30,000 coins which is huge at that stage.

6) If any of the 10 hours is left, start doing the placement games on Rivals. This year you get coins (one time only) for each division you progress into. So if you were to be placed in say division 5, you would get the coins for division 10, 9, 8, 7 and 6 all in one go. More coins for the coffers again.

7) So by the morning of Monday 5th October I should have a healthy coin balance, be trading away and have a half decent starter team, even before the first pre-orders start playing on Tuesday 6th.

8) Start getting stuck into Rivals ahead of the Rivals rewards on Thursday.

I will add a disclaimer that I am as far away from a knowledgeable source on this that you could get so I could well be miles off :pac: The other lads will be able to advise better.

this is all great advice imo, mods should sticky it in first post of thread for anyone coming in looking for advice on this over the next few days imo. Also maybe throw in how to get on web app might help(ive no idea and prob wont use it :D ) i completely forgot about rivals rewards first week too as was just thinking about grinding drafts and opening packs and trading and not really building a team until the week beginning the first weekend league. plan is to get neymar and mbappe as soon as possible trading my ass off non stop and eventually have mid gullit asap too if trading is going as good as it should be. although i'll most likely be hammering fifa points weekly too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Just seen they’ve boosted Fekir to 4*4*. One of my favourite cards in 20, so will definitely be building a squad around him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Icon SBCs confirmed in the pitch notes for Fifa 21!
    Looks like I'm back on the FUT train, roll on the webapp.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Get in!

I hope they do what they did before, and have them in batches of "cheap icon", "medium priced icon", "insanely priced icon".

Actually gives stuff to aim for :D

•The first ICON SBCs will be introduced from late November onwards.

•ICON SBCs will be available long term, but not permanently.

•Specific versions of ICONs will only become eligible for SBC release after they’ve been released in packs for a period of time.

•After an ICON SBC expires, it may be re-released at a later date. The challenge requirements and rewards may also be updated.

•ICONs may be used as requirements in SBCs.

ICON SWAPS return.

•ICON Swaps 1 will begin during December

• Registered Users Posts: 19,461 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Literally haven't read a word on this game until seeing Icon SBCs are back, half-tempted by it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Literally haven't read a word on this game until seeing Icon SBCs are back, half-tempted by it now.

Same.

Was fully out but this will test my resolve.
    Still hoping to give it a miss and maybe see how fifa 21 plays out, still no guarantee’s on getting moments versions of R9, gullit etc.
    They could easily just put the baby versions into swaps and if I read it correctly, if a version is in swaps no other version will be available in sbc’s.

I just keep reminding myself how bad the gameplay was and the fact a lot of this was developed during Covid 19 and they haven’t even released a demo makes me think it’s just fifa 20.1

But it has got my attention now :(

Can someone explain the Icon SBC’s to me please? I’ve never played FUT with them in it.

Is it just an SBC where you can pack a random icon similar to the one that was up this summer? What sort of squad rating is generally needed?

Similarly with Icon Swaps, what are they? :)

Can someone explain the Icon SBC’s to me please? I’ve never played FUT with them in it.

Is it just an SBC where you can pack a random icon similar to the one that was up this summer? What sort of squad rating is generally needed?

Similarly with Icon Swaps, what are they? :)

afaik its just a huge sbc for the icon that its for think like 6-7 teams required or something

chips1234 wrote: »
    afaik its just a huge sbc for the icon that its for think like 6-7 teams required or something

Yeap. It was a massive SBC, that usually had no time limit (though they've said they will this time).

They cost anywhere between 400k-2mil, but you could get a lot of really cool icons doing it. It also gave something to pump your useless fodder in to. It gave solid end goals.

I see they have talked about "League Player" special cards, which are cards with static boosts, earned through new "Live FUT Friendly" matches. It reads like League SBCs are gone this year, and kind of melded with the Storyline cards. Maybe win matches with X number of players from each PL team to earn the PL card.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Found this on Twitter... very indept guide to trading.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HDx4qCYUApp99pSJYxcuXTkEtGaLmhTQPNHiIyjHx_A/edit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

TOTW1 this year could be the best ever... Mertens, Suarez, Vardy, Gomez, Yedder and the beloved return of Alessandrini as a ST card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Do you have to have FIFA 21 pre-ordered to get access to the 10 hours free gameplay ?

Advertisement