Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

• 30-05-2012 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

tlych.jpg

New RPG just announced by CD Projeckt Red! (They of Witcher fame)

(I'll add more details as they arrive)

So, what is it?

I've never seen one bef.......

Apparently it's a game based on the board game Cyberpunk and will feature all of CD Projeckt Red's trademark mature content and advanced RPG mechanics.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,080 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The most literal game title of all time?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

The most literal game title of all time?

Those guys back in the 80s were obviously in extremely illegal states of mind when they came up with such an obtuse name :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Holy balls, this will have ALL my attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Looks like Geralt found a gun ... can't wait :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Maybe they'll do something like Shadowrun. Might be pretty awesome. Here's hoping!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

So do we wait 6 months after release to buy it so that we get the enhanced edition?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the EE for witcher 1 and 2 was released free so.. no
    unless the game is as buggy on release as witcher 1 was so.. maybe, but witcher 2 wasn't very buggy at all on release so they appear to have learnt their lesson there

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Maybe they'll do something like Shadowrun. Might be pretty awesome. Here's hoping!

Exactly what I was thinking. I would love a current gen version of Shadowun!

Shadowrun_SNES_ScreenShot4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Exactly what I was thinking. I would love a current gen version of Shadowun!

Shadowrun_SNES_ScreenShot4.jpg
    Is that not being made with kickstarter?

Haven't heard anything about that but I'm weary of those kickstarters anyway. More info on Cyberpunk here.

http://www.thewitcher.com/community/entry/249

en_df0cc580.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

First teaser trailer.
    No in game footage.
    Its still a long way from release.

A hidden frame inserted into the trailer also indicates the CD Project Red will announce a secret AAA game they have been working on, on the 5th of February

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/cd-projekt-reds-second-triple-a-game-most-probably-the-witcher-3-getting-announced-on-february-5th/#more-42253

Its strongly believed to be the Witcher 3 and is apparently alot further into development than 2077.

Watched it a few times now, I really really really hope this gets released on ps3 or ps4. I found a link to a freeze shot of the hidden message aswell but can't link to it on my phone. Im mad to play witcher on ps3 as well but dunno if it will ever be ported.

I have the link to the screen shot in my post.

I think the reason they didn't do a PS3 port of the Witcher 2 was because they are still quite a small development team with limited resources. The PS3 architecture is quite different from PC and Xbox which are pretty similar to others. I doubt you will see a port of it.

Cyberpunk 2077 is rumoured to be in development for PC, and the next generation of consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Liking the art direction in this, very Blade Runner esk. Love my Cyber Punk so I do.

I'd like to see what CDPR could do with the Deus Ex IP if they ever got the chance.

I'd like to see what CDPR could do with the Deus Ex IP if they ever got the chance.

Nano augmented sex scenes???

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Loved Witcher 1 , didnt like Witcher 2 :(

Will see what boards thinks of this before i buy :)

I liked them both but I thought the Witcher 2 was superior overall.

I liked the combat system in both.

I like the story in 1, but its goes abit nuts at the end, with time travel etc, but I liked the way it doesn't spoon fed you answers and leaves abit of mystery. Also sets up the Witcher 2 quite nicely. But the story and presentation was much better than in the Witcher 2, and you couldn't break the storylines consistency by doing things in the wrong order, like you could in the first. Voice acting was greatly improved too. Far less buggy as well.

Both games where too easy. But the Witcher 2 at least offered a challenge at the start. The Witcher 1 on the whole was very easy.

The first game was much longer.

Anyway I'm greatly looking forward to both Cyberpunk and the next Witcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Whatever these boys up to its a day one purchase.

They just completely got me by the balls after witcher gemes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Yeah, you just know its gonna be sweet.

Press release that was sent out with the trailer explaining the settings and what the trailer may be about.

http://www.examiner.com/article/cyberpunk-2077-story-and-setting-details-
    revealed

Sort of reminds of that Ralph Fiennes movie Strange Days, with people viewing others people memory's and emotions, mixed with Deus Ex's world of trans-humanism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

The teaser shows how the Psycho Squad might acquire a new member.

The Psycho Squad specializes in combating "psychos" -- individuals who overuse implants and substances that boost or otherwise alter the human body.

There comes a point when they overdose on these innovations, and their bodies start to rebel against their biological body parts as well as all things organic around them. Simply put, they start killing people

Sounds interesting, and kinda dumb.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Love the look of the setting, and i'd have a lot of faith in CD Projekt Red. It'll be a while before we see this though.

Its going to be at least 2015 before we see this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I've played the tabletop RPG of Cyberpunk 2020. It is quite wonderful. The rulebook has a map of Night City, it's pretty massive. Full of crooked business execs, nomadic biker tribes, augmented rockstars (a cybernetic hand can really help you nail those guitar solos), big hair, and standing up to The Man. It's an '80s vision of what the future was going to be like. And that's just a wonderful look all its own. There's so much potential for stories, it's amazing.

Gametrailers have an interview up with CD Projeckt Red about CyberPunk 2077.

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/44806/cyberpunk-2077-exclusive-interview

Confirmed to be using the same engine as The Witcher 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Very excited by this, used to play and love the Original roleplaying game. If doen right it could be awesome!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

A cyberpunk game from cd projekt....

Flipping. Yes.

tumblr_m7zpvvLWHa1rugtvpo1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

I wonder could the mysterious game be that Lords of the Fallen which was mentioned a while ago. Timeframe seems a bit short for it to be The Witcher 3 (despite how much I want it to be).

AXzRr.jpg

A new trailer will be release today as stated by Cyberpunk on facebook. Also, someone remade the teaser trailer as if it was made by EA. Lots of guns, bullets and dubstep (i think its dubstep anyway), double xp and season passes :pac:

• Advertisement

New video released where creator of Cyberpunk 202 talks about the game.

Advertisement