Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sh!t that makes you feel old.

Comments

Thinking something that happened 30 years ago happened only 20 years - tbe disappearing decades. And I’m told it only gets worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Being constantly tired,im so knackered.I get up in the morning tired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Dtp1979 wrote: »

I know how to use them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

When you're down on your hunkers and you take a moment to see if there's anything else you can do while you're down there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

The Six Million Dollar Man is being remade as The Six Billion Dollar Man. That's a lot of inflation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

When you're are down on your hunkers and you take a moment to see if there's anything else you can do while you're down there.

That's a great tip!
    When you hop up on a bike and figure it's actually easier walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

When you're are down on your hunkers and you take a moment to see if there's anything else you can do while you're down there.

I thought that was just me! Also, when you grunt on the way down and on the way back up. No idea why, but somehow can't crouch or straighten without making that extremely unseemly noise. I remember wondering why adults did that when I was a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,717 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I’d be amazed if this hasn’t been mentioned already, but music in pubs being played so fcuking loud. I mean, I don’t mind music being played, even the muck that labelled as music these days. But why play it soooo fcuking loud that I have to scream into the ear of the person I’m trying to speak to. I feel old complaining about this

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Cushtie wrote: »
    Keeping odd bits of rope, cause you never know when you bit be stuck for a bit of rope you know.
    And a cardboard box or drawer labelled "Pieces of string too short to be useful"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

And a cardboard box or drawer labelled "Pieces of string too short to be useful"

Or the fact you label boxes and drawers :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Standing at my front door watching my daughter done up to the nines running to catch the bus heading out for the night

The past was yours the future is mine is what we used to sing back then

I am the past now

Happy though

• Registered Users Posts: 18,579 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

This song is 40 years old
    40!
    Imagine if I remembered it...:eek: (:o)

When you're down on your hunkers and you take a moment to see if there's anything else you can do while you're down there.

I can’t even get down there before & since I had the knee done, and I’m only 59 I’ll have ya know

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Standing at my front door watching my daughter done up to the nines running to catch the bus heading out for the night

I am the past now

Happy though

Pics would be useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I am the past now

Happy though

You and me both !.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I am the past now

Happy though

Just out of curiousty given your username are you only just turned 30? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,776 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I am the past now

Happy though

Wudya not give the girl a lift ffs???

I feel like this thread was just made for me, look forward to scrolling through while nodding sagely.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Just out of curiousty given your username are you only just turned 30? :pac:

Given the avatar, I reckon it refers more to a certain Man U v Man City match than a date of birth!
    :)

https://mancitysquare.com/2019/09/23/30-years-ago-manchester-city-thrashed-united/

• Registered Users Posts: 30,150 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I was just thinking there when Gay Byrne finished up doing The Late Late Show in 1999 I was a child in primary school. It honestly doesn't feel like twenty years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

When your memory becomes a forgettery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

When you realise that Unplugged in New York was released 25 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Next year 1990 is 30 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,575 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Arghus wrote: »
    When you realise that Unplugged in New York was released 25 years ago.

Was watching The Beatles Anthology last night. I remember when it came out thinking, wow, Paul looks pretty old in these interviews.

Last night I thought, wow, Paul looks so young in these interviews.

dubstarr wrote: »
    Next year 1990 is 30 years ago.

Basically Ireland was created in 1990 at the World Cup.

There is Ireland pre 1990 WC and Ireland post 1990 WC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Tired Gardener

One thing that makes me feel old is that more years have passed since the Berlin Wall collapsed than it stood. 1961 to 1989 28 years, 1989 to 2019 30 years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭blueshade

When the ''kids'' that used to call trick or treating when they were little are now bringing their kids to our house trick or treating. Seems like the blink of an eye. That and having good and bad legs instead of left and right ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Getting refused entry to underage discos.

fkn hate that wreaks my buzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Telling a recent admirer that I was old enough to be his mother, and then realising that because he's 23 and I'm 40, it's actually bloody true!

Telling a recent admirer that I was old enough to be his mother, and then realising that because he's 23 and I'm 40, it's actually bloody true!

If you were bit of a slag at 16/17 that is...:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭blueshade

If you were bit of a slag at 16/17 that is...:D

I'm just gonna get a big bowl of popcorn while I watch the replies to this post. :D

Advertisement