Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

So lads, when are we going to have a beers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Persepoly wrote: »
    I would be nowhere near yee!! If there's an AH beers then you'd be all on your own.

Instead I would be having my own private beers

:p

Oh please, you'd be right in the thick of it :p

Succubus_ wrote: »
    Oh please, you'd be right in the thick of it :p

G'way you!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Went to a few beers for different forums back in the day. They were usually a bit of craic to be fair.

But I don't know, I feel like the ship has sailed for those days - though I'd never say never.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

G'way you!! :D

Does ODG still do beers? That was the last one I was at. One of the guys brought a girl with him on their first date. Fun night actually.
    Didn't someone wax their balls at an AH beers in Sweetmans a few years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

Yes, I was one of the wax strip pullers.

Ugh.

-Dale Doback has left the Chat-

• Advertisement

Does ODG still do beers? That was the last one I was at. One of the guys brought a girl with him on their first date. Fun night actually.

I don't know PR. Its about 2 years since I was a member of ODG. Couldn't tell you about the ball waxing one either but I'm fairly certain it wasn't the beers I organised. Maybe happened back when they were popular.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Yes, I was one of the wax strip pullers.

Ugh.

-Dale Doback has left the Chat-

I can't remember the guys username but he was good craic. Met him a couple of times.

So are we saying that wax strips are the essential ingredient for a good beers? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Tuco88

For some reason I could see this ending up like a scene from fight club or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Anyone out tonight in Cork City for a pint

I'm. Up for a pint

• Advertisement

Succubus_ wrote: »
    So are we saying that wax strips are the essential ingredient for a good beers? :p

If you bring wax strips, a forceps, your passport and a change of socks you should be all set.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

I can't remember the guys username but he was good craic. Met him a couple of times.

Twas a former Mod & also a Cat Mod or Admin I think one was. Two big ginger lads, great fun they were. Nice blokes who I hope are doing well.

Twas all for charity too.

wally1990 wrote: »
    Anyone out tonight in Cork City for a pint

I'm. Up for a pint

Sorry kiddo, I'm at home in my pjs but maybe another time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Aongus Von Bismarck might turn up. Perusing the wine list looking for a bottle of something moderately acceptable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Crock Rock wrote: »
    Wetherspoons in Swords FTW.

no Brexit talk though, were all remainers here

• Registered Users Posts: 18,955 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Tuco88 wrote: »
    For some reason I could see this ending up like a scene from fight club or something.

Well if it did, you just broke the first rule...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Tuco88

Well shiver me timbers then if I did...

For years I figured boards.ie was all in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Surely these days it would have to be called "After Hours Beers / Other Non Alcoholic Carbon Neutral Renewable Alternatives"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭BAM! uhavechlamydia

I'll go...all the ladies will love having me there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

If you bring wax strips, a forceps, your passport and a change of socks you should be all set.

Mirrors on shoes essential, is what I hear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

eviltwin wrote:
    I'd have been on for beers before but after hearing one former posters experience at the hand of a creep I'd pass.

Pretty sure the alleged creep was a mod too.

I went to couple of beers years ago, they were good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Pretty sure the alleged creep was a mod too.

I went to couple of beers years ago, they were good craic.

Id say that creep incident is what put a stop to the boards beers tbh.

Id say that creep incident is what put a stop to the boards beers tbh.

Do you think? I dunno. I'd say part of it is the change in users. People who would have been up for beers in the past are no longer members so it just stopped being popular. Another reason I think is it needs to come from a mod. If one of the AH mods started a thread to organise a night out then that might work. A third reason is I'd say a fair few posters here attend beers from other forums and private ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Dalomanakora

Do you think? I dunno. I'd say part of it is the change in users. People who would have been up for beers in the past are no longer members so it just stopped being popular. Another reason I think is it needs to come from a mod. If one of the AH mods started a thread to organise a night out then that might work. A third reason is I'd say a fair few posters here attend beers from other forums and private ones.

Yeah, beers were in decline already before that incident came to light. I think that incident was just the final nail in the coffin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Alone beers are the best beers.

Alone beers are the best beers.

I have to say Mr Brennan as much as I enjoy other people I sure do love alone beers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

I have to say Mr Brennan as much as I enjoy other people I sure do love alone beers.

Not having to wait on other people to drink up is bliss.

Come to think of it I've only ever been to private forum beers so I'm not sure what the public forum beers are like or if there is a difference.

Oh I can't be drinking too much on my own, I get fierce morose. Need someone there to play with me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

The way this place has been going lately we'll need a separate event for the left wing crowd and the right wing crowd.

I'd like to think most folk would park whatever differences they have, have a few drinks and have a bit of craic.

It is possible to put different viewpionts to one side and still get along.

I'd go anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Vela

Boards has a different vibe these days to 10 years ago. Even up to 5 or 6 years ago. Back in the day, there was a real sense of knowing other posters - like a wee community. So it was a fair bit of craic. These days with reregs (guilty) and older posters just leaving completely, you have a bunch of people hopping in and out rather than a collective of regular posters to keep a convo and a bit of banter going. Beers used to be a great way to meet some sound people you'd already got to know. It's different now. And I don't think there's a way to get that vibe back, it's just the way boards went. They opened it up more and thus more people joined which is grand, but it lost that community feel.

Advertisement