Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fair play to that judge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

But the Poor Child was Injured the Child is Paramount in Law?
    The Judge should not of done this to a very young child who was hurt Injured in the School as the law says a child is Paramount in Law so the Judge is totally wrong in Law.
    So in one court the child is Paramount in law . and when the young child gets hurt Injured he/she is not Paramount why is that?:confused:
    Yes the Injured Hurt Child should have been Compensated for his/hers Injuries as one law says the child is Paramount in Law but now the Hurt Injured Child is not why is that ?:confused:
    In my Opinion the Judge did not give the Injured/Hurt Child Compensation as The Judge is appoint by the government who own the schools that is why the child was not Paramount in law .
    So Day one child in Family law court the child is Paramount. So Day two child civil court child is not Paramount and gets hurt/Injured in a Government School this case stinks .

Just because you keep repeating something doesn't make it true.

I think you need a new argument!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭please helpThank YOU

them Judges will be out foxhunting in weekend blowing their Trumpets .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

My heart goes out to the Hurt/Injured Child and his mother . The Judges will have there big brandy steaks Tonite.

Hold on. You do realise that the child in question was the woman's daughter, not her son? A name like Veronika might have given it away.

Did you even read the article, actually?

Noveight wrote: »
    Hold on. You do realise that the child in question was the woman's daughter, not her son? A name like Veronika might have given it away.

Did you even read the article, actually?
    Type error:cool:

So when your child him/her falls in the school yard and gets brain damage guess what this Judge will send you and your brain damage child packing so that is right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

So when your child him/her falls in the school yard and gets brain damage guess what this Judge will send you and your brain damage child packing so that is right?

Who would be at fault in that scenario?

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    Who would be at fault in that scenario?
    So your Child is the school playground sum other child pushes your child and your child hits her/his head of the ground. resulting in your child having brain damage and you and your child are up in front of this Judge/Lord and he tells you and your brain damage child will not get a cent today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

So your Child is the school playground sum other child pushes your child and your child hits her/his head of the ground. resulting in your child having brain damage and you and your child are up in front of this Judge/Lord and he tells you and your brain damage child will not get a cent today.

Sounds like it's not only the child that has brain damage :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Child child child, childy mc child face.

Your arguments are outlandish.

So are you tell me no Child has never been pushed by other child in school play yard?. Hit his/her head off the ground/wall received brain damage Injury?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

So are you tell me no Child has never been pushed by other child in school play yard?. Hit his/her head off the ground/wall received brain damage Injury?.

If I get brain damage from repeatedly banging my head off the wall, can I successfully sue you?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

That's because he's trolling you. Look at all the compensation claim threads. He does the same in each. No idea why though.

Mother and her child should appeal her case to the higher courts for Justice. for Injured/hurt child .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

So in one court the child is Paramount in law . and when the young child gets hurt Injured he/she is not Paramount why is that?:confused:

The child in school is in the same position as a child getting injured while on an outing with the parents to the seaside or some other venue or falling in their garden. Who would the child sue if she had fallen in her garden?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

and when the young child gets hurt Injured he/she is not Paramount why is that?:confused:

Because Paramount is a major Hollywood film studio...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Mother and her child should appeal her case to the higher courts for Justice. for Injured/hurt child .
    The blame lays squarely on the mothers shoulders for not wrapping her child in enough cotton wool.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

They never even said what the "injury" was. As it's a girl we're talking about I suspect she was wearing a skirt and probably scraped her knee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

They never even said what the "injury" was. As it's a girl we're talking about I suspect she was wearing a skirt and probably scraped her knee.

Broken arm I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

It clearly says in the O.P.'s link to the news item that she broke her arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

So Day one child in Family law court the child is Paramount. So Day two child civil court child is not Paramount and gets hurt/Injured in a Government School this case stinks .

Say if you have taken your child out to play in the park and there are other parents there who you know and they are with their children who your child is good friends with.
    While you are chatting and watching the children play the children start running a little, all having a great time together, maybe playing chasing, your child falls, other children fall on your child and unfortunately your child ends up with a broken arm.
    Who do you think is at fault and who do think should be sued?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 13,767 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

I don't know. Can you provide a link to a case where this happened and the case was thrown out?

In such a case some compensation might be awarded for the future needs of the child. (No guarantee though) I suppose it would depend on liability. A child who broke her arm 7 years ago has no future needs that need to be compensated for.

You cannot compare the two.

What about a child who needs a plaster for a cut knee versus a child who needs lifelong care for brain damage. Are you trying to equate the two?

What do you suggest children should do in playgrounds at break time? Walk in circles in the yard?

You're not the mother in this case, by any chance?!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,549 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I think they might be the child who got brain damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

€38,000 damages claim? That's not the cost of a broken arm.
    Was Natalija Saveljeva going to buy a new child to replace the broken one?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

I was thinking that or a very close relation.

• Administrators Posts: 13,767 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

biko wrote: »
    €38,000 damages claim?

please helpthank YOU, do you think €38000 is a reasonable claim for a broken arm 7 years ago? Maybe the claim was thrown out because the mother got greedy. A&E fees would have been about €100 and a few quid for diesel to get in and out to the hospital to have the cast removed. Maybe if she has just claimed her actual costs rather than inflating the claim she might have been awarded something.

Delighted to see a judge clamping down on greedy claimants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Jaysus there's a lot here feeding the tr.......

I mean ducks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

This would have been the new school uniforms for all children if that case won.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭99problems

You would need to wash your hands with bleach after shaking that scumbags hands.

please helpthank YOU, do you think €38000 is a reasonable claim for a broken arm 7 years ago? Maybe the claim was thrown out because the mother got greedy. A&E fees would have been about €100 and a few quid for diesel to get in and out to the hospital to have the cast removed. Maybe if she has just claimed her actual costs rather than inflating the claim she might have been awarded something.

Delighted to see a judge clamping down on greedy claimants.

First of all, the claim wasn't for 38k. It was up to 38k, because that was the old Circuit Court jurisdiction and that's where the case was on.

Secondly, the case was not thrown out because of "greed" or anything. There is no suggestion that the claim was "inflated" at all. The 7 years is because the injured party is a child and the Statute of Limitations extends a lot longer. The claim was thrown out, as many of these are, because kids have accidents in schoolyards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ederkeh

First of all, the claim wasn't for 38k. It was up to 38k, because that was the old Circuit Court jurisdiction and that's where the case was on.

Secondly, the case was not thrown out because of "greed" or anything. There is no suggestion that the claim was "inflated" at all. The 7 years is because the injured party is a child and the Statute of Limitations extends a lot longer. The claim was thrown out, as many of these are, because kids have accidents in schoolyards.

But it was greedy for the mother to take the case at all

Advertisement