Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Slow News Day

Options
  • 31-03-2015 8:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭

So, I decided to log on to breakingnews.ie to see what pressing issues are affecting the world I'm waking up to today, and one of the main news stories of the day seems to be that Brian O'Driscoll brought back a Toblerone from Japan for his wife. In a smaller announcement just below it there's something about some IT crowd in Waterford creating 100 jobs...... I'm eagerly awaiting an update when she opens the bar of chocolate. How the fcuk is this actually news?

Comments

Surely the big news is that Conor McGregor stuck out his tongue at an opponent or did something else maaaaaad?

For a nation that churned out Yeats and Joyce, we've dumbed down on our heroes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

dmc17 wrote: »
    How the fcuk is this actually a news website?

FYP

Get your 'news' elsewhere OP!
    breaking'news'.ie and many others (especially indo online) are just clickbait articles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

You just have to read some of Joyce's letters about his wife's farts to realise just how much we have regressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

This is serious, OP. As we speak half of the even-numbered postal districts in Dublin are going "Oh-my-GOD I can't believe she's actually, like, going to eat that?? She'll have an orse on her like Hennessy Coughlan-O'Hara's Jaaag!" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Did you not know that they are CELEBRITIES, and therefore ANYTHING they do is allegedly of interest (to some people).

• Advertisement

So how do we MAKE some news then. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

They wouldn't print/upload these stories if people didn't view them. Unfortunately people do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Now this is what you call having a slow news day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

I think it's the audience that has dumbed down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Why would you destroy a hat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Shannon757 wrote: »

To avoid distorting the market. This thing has a bobble, for Heaven's sake!!

Shannon757 wrote: »

Who would you expect to pay for the storage and security costs of guarding such an expensive item of clothing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Who would you expect to pay for the storage and security costs of guarding such an expensive item of clothing?

True. I hope there's a happy ending to all this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 369 ✭✭walkingshadow

Why are they going to destroy the hat? Couldn't they just give it to someone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Pr and marketing doing their slimy work as they seek to create an Irish Posh and Becks
    "Gosh and Fecks", if you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Some of the female twitter comments :rolleyes:

"is he in the bold corner"

"he's trained well"

"You could at least get the big one."

:rolleyes:

Why are they going to destroy the hat? Couldn't they just give it to someone?

Health and safety issues.

All kinds of nasty diseases and infections can be caught by hat sharing.

Advertisement