Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Libel & Censorship

• 18-07-1999 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

Shinji I asked Dev to edit that as it was libelous in my opinion. If you really want to read the immature drivel that was written there fine. Unfortunately there was no Conspriacy Theory etc. included in it.

Gandalf.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Mental note to self: Make Sarcasm More Obvious For Muppets. tongue.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Just as Tom has been editing posts on the "To those who matter" thread, Demon are currently going to court to see if the people who provide IRC, web boards etc. are liable for defamation actions due to content on them, and the European Court is about to post laws saying they aren't... So soon we'll be able to see that Damo and Adra thread in full... I can hardly wait! Can you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Yes i'd rather watch paint dry.

Ven(does anyone really give a toss)om

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭tecno

Explain the meaning of Sarcasm For thicks. smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

sarcasm is almost as much fun as irony wink.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Sarcasm is wasted on the foolish smile.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I thought it was the lowest form of wit...?

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    homepage.tinet.ie/~davitt

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.......

a phrase often uttered by people who dont cant use it.

sarcasm is not ment to be spoted. if it spoted then its failed sarcasm.

eg
    a gilr once said, in the heat of drink that 'i (meaning herself) am more sarcastic than you (meaning me)'

i replied with 'im sure you are'

now thats sarcasm smile.gif

still prefere irony thou.

actually, have you ever noticed that nations/cultures that have spent many years under the rule of another presence are generally noted for their sarcasm?
    eg, the irish are very sarcastic. and the blacks in america are a sarcastic bunch. australians are generally regarded as being sarcastic.
    makes you think eh?

well, not really. its 9 in the morning and ive had about 10 coffees so im just bouncing of the walls at the moment!

more thoughts of the day to follow.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Radovar

Did you hear they took ' Gullible ' out of the dictionary?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

*runs off to check the dictionary*

• Advertisement
Advertisement