Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who is somebody who you inexplicably love?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭griffin100

Salma Hayek - I could look at and listen to her for hours. She gets more beautiful as she gets older.

Victoria Coren - the thinking mans bit on the side :)

My wife is ok with the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭its_steve116

griffin100 wrote: »
    Victoria Coren - the thinking mans bit on the side :)

My wife is ok with the above.

David Mitchell. Lucky git.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Realtai

Ivan Yates for some weird reason. I think its his personality...not sure

James McAvoy, I dunno...I just like something about him. Maybe it's because he seems down to earth..there is something likable about him.

For some reason Nigel Farage, I absolutely HATE his politics but he seems like the kind of guy, that you would have a drink in the pub with.

Ray Winston, something lovely about him and I have only heard nice things about him too.

Benedict Cumberbatch-a bit of a pompous arse, but for some reason, he is adorable!!!

I adored Rik Mayall as well, RIP.

There is something about Piers Morgan as well, even though he is a pompous arse at times.

Malcom Mc Dowell..especially when he was younger, those eyes!

There is a Turkish Actor I like, called Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ ...I doubt anyone here has heard of him though! A lot of people like him though..so I am not sure whether he should be included on this list.

I do agree that the older actors from years ago, have a certain charisma that you don't really see nowadays...
    For example, Tyrone Power, Steve McQueen, Vincent Price, Rock Hudson etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DaeryssaOne

Already mentioned here but Tom Hanks has to be one of the most good-natured, lovely actors around and I would be so sad if he turned out to not actually be so nice

Ted Danson is another one who I would love to have a pint with

These are inexplicable by the way as they are much older men that I wouldn't be physically attracted to but I do love them!

Julianne Moore also does something to me, I adore her

• Registered Users Posts: 31,830 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Rylan and it turns out after watching celebrity googlebox Rylans mum!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Schnooks

I used to not just love, but was 100% IN love with Whitney Houston, particularly when she hit the scene in the mid 80s. Absolutely adored her, she was my ideal woman as a skinny pasty 11.5 stone West Cork boy myself, she was just so exotic to my 18 yo self, I had never seen anything quite like her.

I devoured everything she did, and almost came to blows on a few occasions with lads who thought she wasn't that good a singer, and might try and wind me up by saying she wasn't great looking etc when I thought she was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen.

And then there was Flashdance and Jennifer Beals in 1984 (I think), same as above, in love deeply with her, same skinny lad, loved her dancing and everything else about her, God she was just gorgeous!

They're my 2 all time major women that I was in love with from my memories, no other human has come anywhere near over years. Not inexplicable to most I suppose, but might be to some.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

FK-IT !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

That fella in the Aldi ad who is described as a grandad and Viking extra saying he loves meat, they show him BBQing in the rain in his Viking gear, the rason I love him is I would say he is a character in real life and I love people who don't give a feck what others think of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

See Tom Hanks mentioned a few times in this thread. There are some unsavoury rumours around about him to say the least.

Love is too strong a word but I really like Victoria Coren too: Booker T, the wrestler: Hazel Irvine, the presenter: Anna Chakvetadze, former tennis player: Steve Buscemi, Mila Kunis and Corey Feldman, actors: all for no reason really.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Harry Hill

love his wacky style of humour, and his big collars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

Bradley Whitford playing Commander Lawrence in The Handmaid's Tale. He may or may not be a psycho but have the hots for him anyway :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

Sheridan81 wrote: »
    See Tom Hanks mentioned a few times in this thread. There are some unsavoury rumours around about him to say the least.

Love is too strong a word but I really like Victoria Coren too: Booker T, the wrestler: Hazel Irvine, the presenter: Anna Chakvetadze, former tennis player: Steve Buscemi, Mila Kunis and Corey Feldman, actors: all for no reason really.
    few friends of mine were involved in '' site work '' for the want of a better term , during the making of ''saving private ryan'' and they all said he was a real nice guy and down to earth , himself and spielberg would have meals in the canteen tents where all the extra's and other's involved were fed and watered , Would just stroll in and sit wherever there was space . The actor who played his second in command [ cant think of name ] was a real pain in the ass i believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

I really like Lisa from The Eggheads. A lot of Eggheads fans seem to dislike her.

fryup wrote: »
    Harry Hill

love his wacky style of humour, and his big collars
    Elizabeth Hurley....Curly Wurly

I love harry hill I miss TV Burp :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Sam Elliot

Voice mustacher smile my older man crush

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Tom Allen the bald gay comedian from London. He is way too much and he makes me laugh.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Tom Allen the bald gay comedian from London. He is way too much and he makes me laugh.
    I like him a lot, his TV persona (extremely caustic and rude sometimes) isn't really him though from what I can tell, he does a podcast and is much more chilled out and likeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Realtai wrote: »

For some reason Nigel Farage, I absolutely HATE his politics but he seems like the kind of guy, that you would have a drink in the pub with.

Must agree on Farage, dont like his politics but he looks like good craic. Thought it was very funny the time he did a media stunt and went up in an small airplane with a UKIP banner towed behind. The plane crashed and there was Farage with broken ribs giving interviews to the media making jokes about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Must agree on Farage, dont like his politics but he looks like good craic. Thought it was very funny the time he did a media stunt and went up in an small airplane with a UKIP banner towed behind. The plane crashed and there was Farage with broken ribs giving interviews to the media making jokes about it.

He knows the theatrics required for politics better than anyone else. I saw the speech he gave before the euro elections (the ones that shouldn't have taken place!). Absolute barnstormer. I would have climbed into a spitfire myself to drop a load of manure on Brussels after listening to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Micheal O'Leary.

• Advertisement
Advertisement